2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit Performance Mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Fit Performance Mods

Hi everyone!!! First of all sorry for my english, im new member of the forum but allways find the answer here...

Now im trying my best to save the money i need to buy my first car and the Fit Ex 1.5 MT seems to be the best option i can handle with, i really like everything about the car its verry well designed interior and exterior, its efficient and perfect for the city, thats why i want to give it what it needs to be perfect, better performance, can you give me some tips? I want to take some more acceleration and sportive sound, without modding to much...

This is what im thinking about, tell me if this mods can give some gains or damage the engine:

1. High flow air filter (K&N CAI)
2. Muffler and or resonator delete (maybe a good Borla muffler)
3. Turbo kit, so much modification and i cant afford it, maybe you know how to add a little more air compration without a supercharger
4. JDM PRO M Performance chip?
5. Exhaust and intake manifolds is to much modiffication too

So thats all thank you for reading!!! and hope you can help me someway

Old 09-19-2013, 02:36 AM
Banned
We need to know the the year of your fit. You are not going to get a bunch of more performance from those mods like people used to get on other cars.

They will work but not give you what you are looking for except for the turbo.

That chip" is a NOTHING but rip off avoid at all costs it doesn't work. If you are going turbo wait until it's installed before buying any intake filter as one may come with the kit.

The most efficient mod you can make that will give you a performance gain you will feel is the lightest wheels you can find.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Thank you for your anwer!! So im not going to take any noticiable performance gains until i intall a turbo? Or is there another good option?

Maybe light wheels and low suspention...

Is there any chip that actually works?

I want some sportive sound but not so loud, what should i delete/change, muffler or resonator?

Thank you again!!

Old 09-19-2013, 11:41 AM
I'm in the same boat - '13 Sport MT and would love another 30+ HP. I *don't* want it any louder (man, can I swap in a 6sp? - the thing is screaming at highway speeds).

From what I've read in these forums the past couple weeks is that there really aren't a lot of options??

I love the Fit so far, but I would have gladly paid another ~$5K to get a bigger motor and more options inside (leather, heated seats, 6sp, auto climate control, etc. -- btw- awesome DIY to the forum member who swapped a JDM one in!).

Pat

Old 09-19-2013, 02:11 PM
The Fit is not a good car to mod for power gains. The 92 cubic inches can only go so far. If you want power, as stated above I'd recommend buying another car. What its best at, and why I bought it is overall cost of ownership. I've had some fast cars, but this one is my favorite when I see how much $ I save.

However that doesn't mean I'm not going to make my own "improvements." I put some ceramic tint on and the car stays much cooler, I'd like a better quality stereo as well as a more direct shiftier. Beyond that I could not be happier.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:51 PM
----FULL exhaust (cat delte, and catback plus good muffler)

----Quality Intake

----Colder spark plugs (IE Denso 22 series)

This nets between 18-20whp in an OPTIMAL location. there is a few dynos out their. T1R I believe is the first one to prove the stock setup is hiding 19whp, though I do NOT remember if they had colder plugs installed. If not, expect another 3-4 once the ecu advances the timing some more (on 93 US octane)

By optimal, I mean a location at or below sea level, minimal humidity, and enough time for teh ecu to adjust its timing and fueling.

Our ecu doesnt dial OUT power, it simply adjusts to keep it safe, and not having an exhaust is why you see a lot of threads with intakes not gaining much power and such.

I have just an intake and colder plugs, and it makes a noticable difference, and I have gained some fuel mileage!

EDIT if you do NOT have emissions equipment, do NOT expect to see such a gain! EGR hurts power, catalytic converters hurt power, and the stock suffocating air box hurts power!!

Old 09-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Dave thank you for your answer, i know the fit is not made for beeing a fast car, however i like it because of its other benefits probably the same of you...

About a quicker shifter, if im not wrong i saw someone on youtube changing the shifter to a much shorter one, that could help you changing gears faster

By now i think i will make it some mods...

Windows tint, tail light dark vinyl, LED and Xenon lights, carbon fiber hood roof and trunk, aluminium pedals, some decorative vinyls, spoiler and muffler delete!! Im anxious but first i need a couple of month to buy the car first

Lets read "13fit" answer now it seems fit can have a few more push haha

Old 09-19-2013, 05:20 PM
13fit, you mean i have to change everything from the engine block up to the exhaust pipe to see any gain from that, plus the intake and spark plugs mods?

You say something about ECU tuning, what about that? I read fit is very hard to modify without damaging it, how can i do it? Or is there any performance chip you know?

JDM OBDII PERFORMANCE CHIP PRO M seems to be good, but is it true, or just a waste of time and money?

Thanks!!!

Old 09-19-2013, 06:43 PM
The fact it's called a JDM pro chip should alone tell you not to buy it. If not, don't buy it.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:10 AM
ok, so i will try...

change air filter to a high flow one
delete the muffler
swap the wheels to a lighter ones
lowering a bit the car to have better grip on turns

thank you to everyone!! hope i can post soon telling you i finally bought the car

Old 09-20-2013, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Yakkter
Hi everyone!!! First of all sorry for my english, im new member of the forum but allways find the answer here...

Now im trying my best to save the money i need to buy my first car and the Fit Ex 1.5 MT seems to be the best option i can handle with, i really like everything about the car its verry well designed interior and exterior, its efficient and perfect for the city, thats why i want to give it what it needs to be perfect, better performance, can you give me some tips? I want to take some more acceleration and sportive sound, without modding to much...

This is what im thinking about, tell me if this mods can give some gains or damage the engine:

1. High flow air filter (K&N CAI)
2. Muffler and or resonator delete (maybe a good Borla muffler)
3. Turbo kit, so much modification and i cant afford it, maybe you know how to add a little more air compration without a supercharger
4. JDM PRO M Performance chip?
5. Exhaust and intake manifolds is to much modiffication too

So thats all thank you for reading!!! and hope you can help me someway

THe best results for the money is wider wheels with less offset and better tiires; make sure heavier tires are slightly smaller in diameter.
the K&N filter shows minimal increases below 5000 rpm.
Only a cat back exhaust will have noticeale results on the dyno.
ECU reprogramming with chips again don't have much results on the dtno or lap times based on cost.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:40 PM
lowering your car does NOT increase handling. Going to STIFFER springs is where it is at, and not all springs lower the car much.

Just stick with a brand name so you dont have future issues.

The hodna ecu LEARNS that you put in higher octane, which burns slower and increases engine torque when timing gets adjusted. I drove through TWO entire tankfuls before the ecu was fully adjusted to the colder sparkplugs. WOW it feels good now!

Yes, engine to the tailpipe for exhaust. If you stick with just a cat delete like T1R or weapon R, and simply chop the stock muffler off, the stock exhaust piping flows PLENTY fine, though people do see gains from going to a 2.25 catback.

Please dont be foolish and spend over a grand on the entire exhaust. Pick and choose your parts, get them cheap if possible!!

Old 09-21-2013, 03:08 AM
here is my take... the car is not going to be fast in terms of acceleration. do not bother with that. air filter should help a little in terms of power and mpg's. exhaust is mostly for looks and noise, so do not cheap out by going custom or hacking the muffler off. I have a Spoon N1 exhaust, so looks and sound are covered, but it is also a cool JDM part. spend the money on suspension, sway bars, wheels and sticky tires to make it handle better. this car can handle with the best. taking turns at ridiculous speeds is fun.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:22 AM
Just go nuts on the gearbox, lighter everything else. Suspension.

Or turbo.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:43 AM
i have been playing with the idea of stripping the car down to just a race bucket lol

Old 09-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Huy Bui
here is my take... the car is not going to be fast in terms of acceleration. do not bother with that. air filter should help a little in terms of power and mpg's. exhaust is mostly for looks and noise, so do not cheap out by going custom or hacking the muffler off. I have a Spoon N1 exhaust, so looks and sound are covered, but it is also a cool JDM part. spend the money on suspension, sway bars, wheels and sticky tires to make it handle better. this car can handle with the best. taking turns at ridiculous speeds is fun.
" spend the money on suspension, sway bars, wheels and sticky tires to make it handle better " Well said.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:18 AM
response and torque from an intake and sparkplugs has made my car faster.

rear swaybar is a great start

F#$K Spoon stuff