2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Long Time Gone - From One Fit to Another

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Long Time Gone - From One Fit to Another

So I have an account and when I bought my 09 Base Fit in 2010 I spent some time here.

Love my 09. Best car I have ever owned. Sad to say that last Monday Someone saw the need to plow into my car while I was driving it and yesterday I found out that the insurance company is going to total out my car.

So I have a check coming to me on Monday for a very reasonable price for my (now) former car.

But what was I going to buy? I loved my fit and really wasn't happy with anything else that I looked at.

So this morning I found a 2010 Sport Fit with 16,000 less miles than my old car and a clean carfax being sold at one of my local Honda dealers as a Certified Used Honda.

I immediately went and looked at it and then put a deposit down on it right away. It's everything I loved about my 09 with more bells and whistles.

Total out of pocket is about $3500. Not too bad for an upgrade on year, finish out and mileage. From a black car to a metallic silver (better in the Texas heat).

Looking forward to picking up the new car on Monday ... now to just stop from going nuts and trying to upgrade all the things.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
It is funny; when I had two white cars, I said I'll never own a white car again. After owning a black car, I now know I was wrong the first time. Dark cars are magnets for accidents given the way idiots drive these days. I'll take all the light reflectivity I can get so the bozos can see me.
I think you did the right thing. Insurance companies seem to love the Fit. It may be the very reason you walked away from your accident. Glad you are OK, and glad that your new car was just sitting there waiting for you to come pick it up.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by BurntZ
It is funny; when I had two white cars, I said I'll never own a white car again. After owning a black car, I now know I was wrong the first time. Dark cars are magnets for accidents given the way idiots drive these days. I'll take all the light reflectivity I can get so the bozos can see me.
I think you did the right thing. Insurance companies seem to love the Fit. It may be the very reason you walked away from your accident. Glad you are OK, and glad that your new car was just sitting there waiting for you to come pick it up.
Never thought about that. The new car is silver and definitely stands out a bit more than the black one did.