2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

So about my smashed hood..

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 04:56 PM
So about my smashed hood..

What's the best option as far as getting it replaced? the estore, CH and bernardi give me replacement options but i dont see any paint options. thanks for any help.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:03 PM
i should be more specific. im looking for oem, open to lighter (in mass) hoods, but just want it to look great. (still vague sorry haha)

Old 03-02-2013, 05:30 PM
call up some junk yards, might be able to find a used hood.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Not sure how much lighter the hood can be, the factory hood feels mighty light already, not sure on its material but it could be aluminum based on how light it feels.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:41 PM
is there anywhere online to order new painted hood? or is a local dealership the best option?

Old 03-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by the drizzle
is there anywhere online to order new painted hood? or is a local dealership the best option?

Ive worked at a couple of dealers and ive never seen any of the hoods come painted. Sometimes, mirrors, door handles, and small parts do come painted but nearly never the hoods or the bumpers.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Mini_Odyssey
Ive worked at a couple of dealers and ive never seen any of the hoods come painted. Sometimes, mirrors, door handles, and small parts do come painted but nearly never the hoods or the bumpers.
so im assuming thats a whole other transaction? would a honda dealer be able to paint on premises? the only reason im asking is because the dealer is closed now and looking for anyones past experiences

Old 03-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by the drizzle
so im assuming thats a whole other transaction? would a honda dealer be able to paint on premises? the only reason im asking is because the dealer is closed now and looking for anyones past experiences

Some dealers have collision shops on premises that can arrange that for you, some have a preferred body shop they sublet the work, it all depends on that dealer. Youll have to find out if they do offer painting service. Hoods and other large items are better off buying local for 2 reasons, shipping costs and likeliness of damage during freight.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Banned
Your insurance should take care of the hood replacement and paint. My suggestion is for you to call your insurance agent and find out what local body shop they recommend. Whether the body shop gets the new hood or you do, the body shop would probably do a better paint job than any Honda dealer.

My experience with dealer-provided paint repair was horrible. But it was with a Ford dealer, not Honda. I have used my insurance-recommended body shop for paint repairs several times with absolutely great results. This body shop has a lifetime guarantee on all repairs. You should be able to find that kind of quality in your area too.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
If you were closer "not my ad" 2009 2010 HONDA FIT PARTS ENGINE DOORS TRANSMISSION 11 12

I take it that you are not going through your insurance company.

Last edited by cjecpa; 03-02-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Triskelion
Your insurance should take care of the hood replacement and paint. My suggestion is for you to call your insurance agent and find out what local body shop they recommend. Whether the body shop gets the new hood or you do, the body shop would probably do a better paint job than any Honda dealer.

My experience with dealer-provided paint repair was horrible. But it was with a Ford dealer, not Honda. I have used my insurance-recommended body shop for paint repairs several times with absolutely great results. This body shop has a lifetime guarantee on all repairs. You should be able to find that kind of quality in your area too.
some jabroni actually hit me backing up before exiting a parking lot(??). his insurance paid out to me which is great. ill just replace the hood myself and look for other accessories to fill in the gaps. ill consider a body shop, it just sucks that its the weekend and I cant find out for sure til monday what to do haha.

Originally Posted by cjecpa
to think, i just moved from cincy.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
What kind of accessories come with a hood?

Old 03-03-2013, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
Off car-part.com
Search your year, make and model.
Searched northeast and this is what came up:

Results sorted by PRICE (Click on heading to re-sort)
Click back to modify your previous choice.
Most prices do not include extended warranties or shipping.

Year
Part
Model Description Damage
Code Part
Grade Stock# US
Price Dealer Info
Hood
Honda Fit NEW $150 Lowell Used Auto Parts USA-MA(Lowell) E-mail 800-952-9775 / 978-454-4444

OR
Request a Quote from hundreds of recyclers

Body Part Grading A = 1 or less units of damage B = 2 or less units of damage
but more than 1 C = more than 2 units of damage
Damage Unit Types cc = Credit Card size units hrs = approximate Hours to Repair Blank = Unknown damage unit
Part Grade
Abbreviations AFT = New Aftermarket body part Downgrade = Recycler choose to downgrade the part based on damage not reflected in the grading algorithm
Price Abbreviations actual = Actual price undmg = Undamaged price
(Priced as if undamaged) Blank = Unknown if Actual or Undamaged price

13849 - 24
© 1998 - 2013 Car-Part.com
Prices are in local currency. USA is the default. Car-Part.com is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Information is responsibility of individual Auto Recycler. Due to rounding, kilometer information is calculated and may not be 100% accurate

Old 03-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by kgb4187
What kind of accessories come with a hood?
i think you might be reading into it too literally. im talking about side molding, steering wheel cover, sport grille, etc.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by hatchpat
Off car-part.com
Search your year, make and model.
Searched northeast and this is what came up:

Results sorted by PRICE (Click on heading to re-sort)
Click back to modify your previous choice.
Most prices do not include extended warranties or shipping.

Year
Part
Model Description Damage
Code Part
Grade Stock# US
Price Dealer Info
Hood
Honda Fit NEW $150 Lowell Used Auto Parts USA-MA(Lowell) E-mail 800-952-9775 / 978-454-4444

OR
Request a Quote from hundreds of recyclers

Body Part Grading A = 1 or less units of damage B = 2 or less units of damage
but more than 1 C = more than 2 units of damage
Damage Unit Types cc = Credit Card size units hrs = approximate Hours to Repair Blank = Unknown damage unit
Part Grade
Abbreviations AFT = New Aftermarket body part Downgrade = Recycler choose to downgrade the part based on damage not reflected in the grading algorithm
Price Abbreviations actual = Actual price undmg = Undamaged price
(Priced as if undamaged) Blank = Unknown if Actual or Undamaged price

13849 - 24
© 1998 - 2013 Car-Part.com
Prices are in local currency. USA is the default. Car-Part.com is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Information is responsibility of individual Auto Recycler. Due to rounding, kilometer information is calculated and may not be 100% accurate
i appreciate you looking that up. love your fit, that was my first color choose but someone walked off with the last one at my local dealership the day before i showed up.

my buddy who works at a dodge dealership is bringing a hood in and getting it painted this week. cant wait to get my fit back to form, ill post some recover pictures here. thanks for all your help guys.