2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Thinking about trading in my 2011 Fit.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 11:48 AM
Thinking about trading in my 2011 Fit.

I have a black 2011 Honda Fit. I love everything about it other than the black color. Well, actually I like the black color, but being a daily driver in Arizona, I'm sort of fed up with the car being dusty all the time, and being extra hot inside from the black as well. I would much rather prefer white. I have wanted a white Honda Fit for a while now, and I am thinking about trading my 2011 black Fit in for a new 2013 Taffeta White Honda Fit. Would you guys consider these reasons justifiable? Or am I out of my mind.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Arizona + black car? I think it's justified.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Nicely put!

I really think I might be signing papers tonight. Only thing, is now I will have to redo my mods on the car like my swift sport springs, because it would cost more for them to swap out those with the originals.

I keep going back and forth on the sport vs base idea. I think I like sport. Oh boy...... I'm really getting started now......

Old 02-04-2013, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cicatrix
Nicely put!

I really think I might be signing papers tonight. Only thing, is now I will have to redo my mods on the car like my swift sport springs, because it would cost more for them to swap out those with the originals.

I keep going back and forth on the sport vs base idea. I think I like sport. Oh boy...... I'm really getting started now......
Is your current car a base? If so, getting the sport, plus the white, makes the purchase more justifiable. The extra little bits on the Sport will make it a better car in the used market when it comes time to sell. I'm seeing Fits increase on the roads exponentially right now, and with Hondas plans to like double their sales of them over the next few years, you might want to consider that. White sport in AZ would be the most desirable combo.

As for the swifts, maybe get some more, maybe try something else out for fun. I'm itching for coilovers most of the time, but then some days when I'm tired, I'm thankful I have the swifts. They are pretty darn comfy. Or leave the suspension stock, get a RSB, white Sparco Terras with gravel tires and some mud flaps. Totally different. AZ ready. I might do this actually. I wonder how high some of these coilovers will sit?

Old 02-04-2013, 02:19 PM
I really wanted a white one when i bought mine in 2010. But they were impossible to find around here, especially in a 5 speed. I settled for a blackberry pearl after 4 months of searching. But have come to love it. Still wish i had found white tho.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Hey thanks for the attention on the subject fellas. Yeah, actually my current one is a sport. I'm actually pretty sure I'm going to get the sport model. I was just entertaining the idea of the base for a sec.

Yeah, I'm just going to start from scratch again. I would get the swift sports because I absolutely love them. Those things should be stock! lol. I'm going to be parting with my black buddy club p1sf's as well If the trade go's down, which I'm pretty sure it's going to. I want the white buddy clubs so I can have the white on white look though. Maybe the challenge series this time, but probably just the white p1sf's.

I hear you about the increase in fits, I was hard pressed to spot another Fit on the road a few years ago when I first got it, and I'm in a pretty big city being in Phoenix. Now I see at least a few every time I go out.

Look at me, I don't even have it yet and I'm already planning my first mod, which would be a pair of white eyelids from TFB designs.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:14 PM
I have a black 2011 Honda Fit. I love everything about it other than the black color. Well, actually I like the black color, but being a daily driver in Arizona, I'm sort of fed up with the car being dusty all the time, and being extra hot inside from the black as well. I would much rather prefer white. I have wanted a white Honda Fit for a while now, and I am thinking about trading my 2011 black Fit in for a new 2013 Taffeta White Honda Fit. Would you guys consider these reasons justifiable? Or am I out of my mind.
As long as you can afford to take the hit on the trade-in...do it

Old 02-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Hey thanks for the attention on the subject fellas. Yeah, actually my current one is a sport. I'm actually pretty sure I'm going to get the sport model. I was just entertaining the idea of the base for a sec.

Yeah, I'm just going to start from scratch again. I would get the swift sports because I absolutely love them. Those things should be stock! lol. I'm going to be parting with my black buddy club p1sf's as well If the trade go's down, which I'm pretty sure it's going to. I want the white buddy clubs so I can have the white on white look though. Maybe the challenge series this time, but probably just the white p1sf's.

I hear you about the increase in fits, I was hard pressed to spot another Fit on the road a few years ago when I first got it, and I'm in a pretty big city being in Phoenix. Now I see at least a few every time I go out.

Look at me, I don't even have it yet and I'm already planning my first mod, which would be a pair of white eyelids from TFB designs.
I had a base, the switched to a Sport. Never go back to a Base again. Big difference with all the add-ons put together. Less than it would cost to put them on later.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:56 PM
your money your call I consider trade ins for color to be stupid..but maybe if your fit is in less than ideal condition and you want to go back to a new car I guess?

if you like modding have you considered other cars? just saying if your gonna loose money on a trade might as well upgrade more than just the color.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:54 PM
well, i was in a mild accident. (fender bender) but you never know what else might have been affected from it.

considering i would have the true car of my dreams (within reason of course.) i dont think its a bad choice.

i like modding my car to make it personal, but not super intense mods or anything. i have considered other cars and thats what led me back to the fit. it is the perfect car for me and my dogs. im actually at the dealership writing this right now going through with it.

i have to decide on the extended warranty pretty soon. yes or no on the warranty?

Old 02-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Right now is a good time, Honda is offering 0.9% financing special on 2013 Honda Fits, its not often they offer anything promotional for the Fits especially special financing.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:17 PM
i went no warranty and did pick mine up with the 0.9 percent financing

good luck hope you get a good deal.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mini_Odyssey
Right now is a good time, Honda is offering 0.9% financing special on 2013 Honda Fits, its not often they offer anything promotional for the Fits especially special financing.
They have that financing "special" every year.

personally... I wouldn't do the trade in from 2011 to 2013. About the only real gain (and that's only if you care), is the additional sound proofing. The financial hit would be too much for me.

I want to keep my Fit long enough until the maintenance/repair costs become a headache and buying a new car is worth it.

But, like montu said, it's the OPs money.

Last edited by Goobers; 02-04-2013 at 10:55 PM. Reason: wrong source
Old 02-04-2013, 11:18 PM
What would it cost to do a re-paint on your car ?

OR

Maybe you could get it wrapped in the color you want and get to keep it !

Old 02-05-2013, 03:49 AM
5 Year Member
Unless you live in an area (with your Fit currently) where it's hot, you are not allowed to comment in this thread lol

Seriously, the heat is a factor that's hard to comprehend. If it's weren't AZ, I'd say reconsider, but also, considering some of the other aspects to your decision it weighs in favor of being a decent move. All I'll say, is that the white facelifted ones really catch my eye on the road. Let us know how that sound deadening is. That's the only thing I'd want between the two, but I also like storm silver which isn't sold anymore.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:42 AM
5 Year Member
$10 window shades for front windshield from Walmart
$300 +/- window tinting
$100 +/- door visor (and crack the front windows a bit, but not enough to be obvious to people passing by)

I put '+/-' since anyone can shop around for them.

won't "solve" the heat issue, but any combination of the above or even all of them will alleviate enough of it to be bearable.

telling people not to comment only makes you sound like a wuss.

Cause if you thinking getting into a hot car is bad... try sleeping in one.

As for the OP... you're gonna find, regardless of the color, it's still going to be hot as fuck.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
telling people not to comment only makes you sound like a wuss.
Okay tough guy who sleeps in his car.

Last edited by hayden; 02-05-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:29 AM
5 Year Member
alright, i admit, wuss isn't the right word... can't really think of the right word.

but it basically boils down to, it's a "weak" argument to anyone that doesn't simply agree with you.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:37 AM
I would never buy a black car if I didn't have a garage, especially in hot and dusty AZ. Overnight condensation will mix with the dust nicely and your car will look like it needs a bath every morning. If you have a garage then a California duster used every other day or so will keep your car looking nice for weeks. I love my black but then I have a garage at home and a carport at work to keep the sun and dirt off also.

_

Old 02-05-2013, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
I have a black car, but right now it looks pretty white. Here in the Northeast, there is so much salt used on the roads. After 1 drive, the car gets covered in white dust and really looks ugly. This is my third and last, black car. Next one will be white.

Quick Reply: Thinking about trading in my 2011 Fit.