2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Thinking about trading in my 2011 Fit.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 08:43 AM
thanks for all of the input, its greatly appreciated! there are some very valid points brought up to take into cosideration.

and......
a new 2013 Taffeta White Honda Fit sits in my drive way this morning! It is a little more money obviously, but it wasn't that much more that i could not afford it, or be strapped because of it. i know i'm going to be happier with this vehicle as well as the rest of the family. They hate black cars so that was a consideration as well. Also, at least i dont have to get new tires now, as i was about to bald out. i was just so tired of my black Fit always looking dirty. Yes i do wash my car! But the dust here in Phoenix, especially way up north where there is not as much pavement,building, etc... is just ridiculously bad. Muds not really an issue except a few days out of the year when it rains, and even then its nothing like back east. Overall, white, gold, or silver are much better choices here IMO.
i'll try to post a pic up later today to show i'm not bs'ing. I'm calling pics or it didn't happen on my self, lol.
The noise level is indeed noticeably quieter, which is nice.

Im more of a sporty, than classy fellow any way. lol

Old 02-05-2013, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
alright, i admit, wuss isn't the right word... can't really think of the right word.

but it basically boils down to, it's a "weak" argument to anyone that doesn't simply agree with you.
Fair enough. Being that I've lived in a hot climate my whole life, I tend to laugh at the people who complain about heat too. If they don't like it, they should move.

Originally Posted by Cicatrix
thanks for all of the input, its greatly appreciated! there are some very valid points brought up to take into cosideration.

and......
a new 2013 Taffeta White Honda Fit sits in my drive way this morning! It is a little more money obviously, but it wasn't that much more that i could not afford it, or be strapped because of it. i know i'm going to be happier with this vehicle as well as the rest of the family. They hate black cars so that was a consideration as well. Also, at least i dont have to get new tires now, as i was about to bald out. i was just so tired of my black Fit always looking dirty. Yes i do wash my car! But the dust here in Phoenix, especially way up north where there is not as much pavement,building, etc... is just ridiculously bad. Muds not really an issue except a few days out of the year when it rains, and even then its nothing like back east. Overall, white, gold, or silver are much better choices here IMO.
i'll try to post a pic up later today to show i'm not bs'ing. I'm calling pics or it didn't happen on my self, lol.
The noise level is indeed noticeably quieter, which is nice.

Im more of a sporty, than classy fellow any way. lol
Congrats dude! I think it was a good trade. You get the new, cooler, wheels and everything, also. It's a much more current package, and the all black interior with chrome accents is more refined. There are quite a few differences when you think about it. Glad you're happy. Have fun out there!

Old 02-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by hayden
Fair enough. Being that I've lived in a hot climate my whole life, I tend to laugh at the people who complain about heat too. If they don't like it, they should move.

Congrats dude! I think it was a good trade. You get the new, cooler, wheels and everything, also. It's a much more current package, and the all black interior with chrome accents is more refined. There are quite a few differences when you think about it. Glad you're happy. Have fun out there!
hey, thanks hayden. i did notice the wheels are pretty awesome compared to the 2011. definitely a more aggressive look to them.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:06 PM
and here it is! this is today at the honda dealership getting the door visors installed. now onto more mods!

Name:  bab32f31-5564-4ac4-bd78-f2f7ae474058.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  73.9 KB

Old 02-07-2013, 05:56 AM
Those door visors actually look great.
I've been on the fence about them.

Glad you got the car you want!
Being from Austin and having a vehicle with no AC last year (temp read 115F on many days...it's not comfortable) was rough, but you get used to it. Having one with AC this year is going to feel like cheating.
Tint will be happening asap. As dark as is legal...jeebus you could keep a small farm healthy in a tintless Fit.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by Delraco

Being from Austin and having a vehicle with no AC last year (temp read 115F on many days...it's not comfortable) was rough, but you get used to it. Having one with AC this year is going to feel like cheating.
Tint will be happening asap. As dark as is legal...jeebus you could keep a small farm healthy in a tintless Fit.
i hear ya!
thanks for the kind words.

window visors are a must have for me on this vehicle. they really cut out the overhead glare from the fits large side windows.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Cicatrix
and here it is! this is today at the honda dealership getting the door visors installed. now onto more mods!

Looks pretty awesome, i originally wanted white but they didnt have anymore whites, just silver and polished metal. I went with silver and my buddy got the polish metal.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Delraco

fellow austinite