2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit Sport with/PLUS Rear Sway Bar RSB?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Fit Sport with/PLUS Rear Sway Bar RSB?

I can't seem to find much of a comparison between the stock Fit
Sport and one with a rear sway bar. I understand the Sport comes with a rear torsion beam, but I was wondering whether it was worth it to also add a RSB for a bit less lean.

Can anyone comment on whether or not it makes a noticeable difference?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
There's plenty of comments about the rsb improving performance. It is very noticeable.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
The Fit Sport is fitted with a rear sway bar as a standard feature (also known as a rear stabilizer bar by some people), so I doubt that you'll find a comparison between a Sport with/without an RSB.

An interesting question might also be whether or not the aftermarket RSB's offer noticeable improvements over the factory item.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:06 PM
I probably could have phrased the question better. From what I've gathered, the base fit does not come with a stabilizer. The sport does. Most of the people that have added an aftermarket sway bar, like Progress, seem to have put it on their base. They all love it, which is great. I was wondering if adding it to the sport would be a noticeable difference to adding it to the base.

I hope Hayden answered my question but I'm still a bit fuzzy on whether he was referencing the base model.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Also to hayden, I just purchased my car and I am basing it on yours. Mines also silver. Your sig box of info has been incredibly useful for a beginner like myself. I just purchased my Broadway 270mm Rearview today because I saw it on your list and then researched fitfreak. Thank you for taking the time to do that and to respond to my question.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
You might enjoy the following thread although I think there are several FSB and RSB ones:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-sway-bar.html

Old 01-21-2013, 11:10 PM
I agree with Hayden. The Progress rear sway bar should be on anybody's top 5 mods IMHO.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Smile

Good to hear. My top 5 mods I'm going to do to my new Sport are:

1. Weathertech Digital Floor Liners
2. Headlight Armor light smoke headlights and taillights with HID Blue Foglights.
3. Clazzio Seat Covers with Diamond Quilt
4. Huper Optik Tint
5. Progress RSB

In that order

Thanks for helping me determine number 5

Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by Mikeyk12
Good to hear. My top 5 mods I'm going to do to my new Sport are:

1. Weathertech Digital Floor Liners
2. Headlight Armor light smoke headlights and taillights with HID Blue Foglights.
3. Clazzio Seat Covers with Diamond Quilt
4. Huper Optik Tint
5. Progress RSB

In that order

Thanks for helping me determine number 5
In my sig you can see my little page and I added something nice to my weather techs.....go check it out and let me know what you think!

Old 01-21-2013, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, I had to read your question a few times before I understood, and thankfully, answered correctly. A vast majority of people with the bar have added it to the sport. I wouldn't mind if it were even thicker personally, but that's not to say it didn't make a difference. In my opinion the difference is big, but some drivers are not as tuned in to their cars, or do not know how to drive properly, so I leave my impressions a bit vague so as not to mislead someone I don't know.

If you do know how to properly get the most of our the car's handling, this bar will make the Fit do things it has no business doing, being a subcompact and all. I couldn't scare myself in my own car prior to the bar, but can definitely get my heart going on a twisty road now. That's the difference for me, but tires play hugely into getting the car to really torque that sucker. It's stiffens up quite a bit more once you really set your turn.

Glad to be of help! Enjoy the fit!

Old 01-22-2013, 12:08 AM
I love what you did with the mats man! That's some clever, detail-oriented thinking. The very same kind I'm looking to do with my Fit. I'm stealing that idea and am going to do that to my mats when I get them I'm looking for the silver/black/carbon look with minor blue accents to persist throughout my car. I can't say enough how well you've done so far. Have you considered smoking the taillights or getting the JDM reds?

Old 01-22-2013, 11:01 AM
When i used to drive a 2005 SE-R Spec V it had a similar torsion beam setup, and installing Eibach sway bar set in addition to my Swift springs with rear set to stiffest yielded interestingly sporty driving experience over stock, if you like rear end rotation around throttle lift off while cornering this is a great mod. On a side note, its not recommeded for inexperienced drivers as this will send your car rear end spinning out if you aren't careful, especially in the wet. It does however improve cornering response though.