2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Aloha... I'm new and have many questions of all sorts :]

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Aloha... I'm new and have many questions of all sorts :]

Howzit, guys?

So I'm getting a 2011 Fit Sport, with a manual transition this week. I'm pretty stoked about it. I was also super glad I was able to find a pretty active forum on the interwebs. Anyway, I've been reading most of your threads and I'm a bit nervous to ask because of the other responses. But, I have just a couple simple goals that I want out of the car. I already know the car isn't meant to be a super rocket - fine, I'm cool with that. I would like to make sure this guy can go up hills nicely and pass people on the freeway with little problem. So, I guess I would like a little power somehow. And I already know most of you have been suggesting Forced Induction with people that want "serious power gains," but I don't know if I would even need that with what I want to do with the car. Everything else is just cosmetic. I want to get some lowering springs eventually and get those nice, yellow fog covers... And I'm sure I can do more research on here for that :] But if you guys have any suggestions, they are always appreciated.

Oh, and I guess it would be cool to know if there any meet ups in texas. Specifically Fort Worth/ Dallas area.

Cheers!

Old 11-19-2012, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
Want a little more power? This won't even cost you a penny (aside from gas).

Down shift.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
oh, you from tx? thought from hawaii.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
oh, you from tx? thought from hawaii.
I'm actually from Cali...

Old 11-19-2012, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
I have a completely stock AT Sport and have zero problems with power. As a matter of fact, it is down right zippy and I have a hard time keeping below 80mph on the highway. Very easy to get up to speed and beyond!!

Old 11-19-2012, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
You want to be zippy you'll be wanting to shed weight - power gains are not so easy on your car! :P

Old 11-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Well it's good you got one with a manual transition

It will allow you to pass and take hills no problem. I deal with hills all day long and 3rd gear can handle some pretty steep hills.

Need to pass on the freeway? Use third gear.

So as you can see, things haven't changed much for Honda since the advent of VTEC, the answer always is:

Use third gear.

Lighter wheels will help make the most of your available power like Fuji said.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Well it's good you got one with a manual transition

It will allow you to pass and take hills no problem. I deal with hills all day long and 3rd gear can handle some pretty steep hills.

Need to pass on the freeway? Use third gear.

So as you can see, things haven't changed much for Honda since the advent of VTEC, the answer always is:

Use third gear.

Lighter wheels will help make the most of your available power like Fuji said.
+1, cutting down on rotational unsprung weight is a very noticeable gain.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bearperformance
Howzit, guys?

So I'm getting a 2011 Fit Sport, with a manual transition this week. I'm pretty stoked about it. I was also super glad I was able to find a pretty active forum on the interwebs. Anyway, I've been reading most of your threads and I'm a bit nervous to ask because of the other responses. But, I have just a couple simple goals that I want out of the car. I already know the car isn't meant to be a super rocket - fine, I'm cool with that. I would like to make sure this guy can go up hills nicely and pass people on the freeway with little problem. So, I guess I would like a little power somehow. And I already know most of you have been suggesting Forced Induction with people that want "serious power gains," but I don't know if I would even need that with what I want to do with the car. Everything else is just cosmetic. I want to get some lowering springs eventually and get those nice, yellow fog covers... And I'm sure I can do more research on here for that :] But if you guys have any suggestions, they are always appreciated.

Oh, and I guess it would be cool to know if there any meet ups in texas. Specifically Fort Worth/ Dallas area.

Cheers!
When yoiu wortried about hills I thought you wee in the ElPaso area then I noticed Dallas Ftorth; there ae no hills around Dallas, been there many times as well as ElPaso.
Don't woory about your Fit not handling traffic; the gears are well spaced and a downshift or two will take care of lane huggers. Enjoy.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:57 AM
Awesome! Thanks for all of the responses, guys! You know, I thought it was weird that some of the people that reviewed the car said it was underpowered and had a hard time overtaking and such. But I really appreciate the feedback! If I have any other questions, I'll be sure to put them in their areas accordingly! Thanks again!