2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

DU MA! SUBFRAME&SWAY BARS?! help plz! I'm a nub

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 05:25 AM
DU MA! SUBFRAME&SWAY BARS?! help plz! I'm a nub

Hello everybody,

So I'm planning to invest in a sway bars. But some of my friends say that sway bars can ruin the chassis and that you have to get a subframe to aviod it. So I was wondering if you really HAVE to get a subframe. I wouldn't mind getting both, but I'm ballin on a budget ! B)

ALSO, I was wondering which brands are good. I was looking into buying cusco sway bars and type one racing underbrace.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Jasonggg
Hello everybody,

So I'm planning to invest in a sway bars. But some of my friends say that sway bars can ruin the chassis and that you have to get a subframe to aviod it. So I was wondering if you really HAVE to get a subframe. I wouldn't mind getting both, but I'm ballin on a budget ! B)

ALSO, I was wondering which brands are good. I was looking into buying cusco sway bars and type one racing underbrace.
Your friends are dead wrong. Progress Rear Anti-sway Bars don't ruin anything and greatly improve handling and stability of GE8 Fits. There are HUNDREDS of posts on these forums discussing the Progress RSB. You will find all of the info. that you need if you read some of them. Real research is much more valuable than bullshit from ignorant friends.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:44 PM
I have the Progress rsb and trust me It's all you need for the street/track on a otherwise stock motor Fit.

Add Swift springs and sticky tires/light wheels and you are set.You will not have enough power to overwhelm the suspension in most cases.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:53 PM
If you don't run giant diameter swaybars you won't have any chassis problems. I think your friends are talking about swaybars that have center mounting points attached to the body, and yes, if you get one that is too big you do have to reinforce that body mounting point or it can get ripped out.

As far as the Fit and the Progress style bar it does not mount to the body so you should have no issues. As far as I know none of the sway bars available for the Fit are that large that this should be an issue, even in the front.