2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Please help me decide!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Please help me decide!

Hey guys/gals,
I'm in serious trouble!!

I can't decide whether to get the fit sport, soul base, or juke sv!

Here's my little bio.
-30yrs old
-been driving import sports cars for 13yrs(gsr,Z,sti,s2k,evox,s2k)
-will be using the car for daily commute
-also drop off my 3yr old daughter to school
-don't want to spend too much
-have to keep the car for at least 10 years

I can't even decide if I should get a manual or not.
I'll be using the car 95% of time, but my wife can't stick shift (yet).

So help me out fellas!

thanks!!

Old 09-25-2012, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
Used Neon SRT-4 is the only answer.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:38 AM
that thing is hideous! no offense

Old 09-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
if you consider youself a car guy, get the MT for sure.

i own both AT and MT current gen FitSports. my AT is a dog and super boring when compared to my MT. just by the tranny the cars do not even feel like they are the same. AT is fine if you want to drive slow. as soon as you want to do any kind of quick driving, it frustrates me... and honestly, the paddles (if you can even call those plastic buttons) that spin with the steering wheel is a joke.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
forgot to mention about the juke sv. i test drove a MT one before buying my '12.

the juke is cool as a fun urban car for singles or people with no kids. there is very little room inside (your kid will end up putting foot prints on the seat backs.. lol) and the cargo space is a joke. the power delivery while driving is not bad, but for me, it was not enough to sacrifice cargo space.

honestly the fit sport in '12 or '13 is a better buy for someone that has a family. just get the MT if you want to have fun driving it.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by kenchan
if you consider youself a car guy, get the MT for sure.

i own both AT and MT current gen FitSports. my AT is a dog and super boring when compared to my MT. just by the tranny the cars do not even feel like they are the same. AT is fine if you want to drive slow. as soon as you want to do any kind of quick driving, it frustrates me... and honestly, the paddles (if you can even call those plastic buttons) that spin with the steering wheel is a joke.
i've never learned how to drive MT, i just know the basics etc. I've driven AT my whole life. I do agree, on automatic mode the AT is slow ass hell. it feels like you're going up hill all the time, unless you floor it and the ECU shifts u up before u can even enjoy vtec kicking in. The ECU likes to keep u under 3k rpm.

I have played around with the sport shifting. while its not really a MT, it does give u some "Pep" when u want to. It gives the Fit its "zippiness" and sometimes i surprise myself how fast it can go as long as i maintain revs above 3k.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
i've never learned how to drive MT, i just know the basics etc. I've driven AT my whole life. I do agree, on automatic mode the AT is slow ass hell. it feels like you're going up hill all the time, unless you floor it and the ECU shifts u up before u can even enjoy vtec kicking in. The ECU likes to keep u under 3k rpm.

I have played around with the sport shifting. while its not really a MT, it does give u some "Pep" when u want to. It gives the Fit its "zippiness" and sometimes i surprise myself how fast it can go as long as i maintain revs above 3k.
the gear-hold is a nice feature and i wished they put a shift lever instead of the paddles so it does not spin with the steering wheel when making a turn. especially turning left i loose track where the button is.

but the biggest frustration i encounter in the 09' AT is the disconnected throttle due to its sloppy torque converter when driving swiftly through traffic. it just asks me to beat the shit out of the car. but my wife is fine with the AT and that's what she can only drive so it's cool.

the MT accelerates considerably faster too than the AT on this car.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
btw, my posts are just my opinion. if one's happy with the AT, that's fantastic. the AT shifts very smoothly and reliable, so for most folks driving this car i think it will do very well.

im just more of an active driver type so i like to have near full control at all times when driving my car.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
OP, based on your short bio, get the AT Fit S. It's a more practical DD and you won't get much "fun to drive" withdrawal attacks. It's very roomy (cargo/passenger) and versatile seat configuration.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Test drives should help clarify your choice a bit. And test drives should include loading your kid into her carseat. (ie test the most common situation). My impression of the Juke is that the back seat is tiny. No idea about the Soul.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Here is how I see this. You came to a forum dedicated to the Honda Fit, I think you've already made your choice and just want someone to back you up on it. I have an AT Fit Sport as my daily driver and I absolutly love it! Bonus, you can't deny that Hondas hold their value. Good luck, which ever one you choose!

Old 09-25-2012, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
I have not try the Soul or Cube if hatchback is not a priority you can get a Mazda3 sedan pretty inexpensive plus 90 days no payments and 0% financing probably discounted too.

Last edited by cjecpa; 09-25-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Thank you guys for all your info and opinions.

451, you're right. Fit indeed is on top of my list

Juke MPG isn't all that great compared to Soul and Fit.

If I can find a deal I can brag about in DFW area...
I've spoken with some dealers, but they're taking their pride on the price.
For 2013 MT sport, $18,000(before ttl) is good price I should shoot for?
And maybe $18,500 for AT?

Don't know, it seems high.

Last edited by unethikl; 09-25-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
Truecar.com
Autotrader.com
Cars.com

Some reference points for your research... Good luck! Happy hunting!

Old 09-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by unethikl
-have to keep the car for at least 10 years

I can't even decide if I should get a manual or not.
Just on the first point alone you should get the Fit. I have no doubt that the Nissan and Kia will still be driving 10 years from now, I just don't know how many knobs and buttons will still be working and how good they'll be looking by then (well the Juke was ugly when born, but that's subjective )

If at all possible get the manual, it's a very easy car to drive and I think your wife would have no problem at all learning MT in the Fit. Take it as your chance to open doors in the future as far as automotive purchases are concerned. By your stated previous car lineup I think you'd be let down by the auto, there's a big difference in performance numbers between MT and AT. Go test drive both, report back.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
2013 Sport MT should be had for around $17,400 not a lot of mark up. Problem will be getting a manual in your color choice.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cjecpa
2013 Sport MT should be had for around $17,400 not a lot of mark up. Problem will be getting a manual in your color choice.
^^^ +1 what cjecpa said.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Just on the first point alone you should get the Fit. I have no doubt that the Nissan and Kia will still be driving 10 years from now, I just don't know how many knobs and buttons will still be working and how good they'll be looking by then (well the Juke was ugly when born, but that's subjective )

If at all possible get the manual, it's a very easy car to drive and I think your wife would have no problem at all learning MT in the Fit. Take it as your chance to open doors in the future as far as automotive purchases are concerned. By your stated previous car lineup I think you'd be let down by the auto, there's a big difference in performance numbers between MT and AT. Go test drive both, report back.
aye aye cap'n!

Old 09-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by cjecpa
Thank you! I'll use $17,000 as my base price.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
i think the juke is made in japan...(?) anyway should easily last 10yrs, but the point is, the Fit is better for daily use especially if you have kids.

Quick Reply: Please help me decide!