2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Please help me decide!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 04:07 PM
There's a 2012 white sport mt for $16,600.

Are there any other reason than resale value and age that I should get 2013 instead?

Thanks again guys!!

Old 09-25-2012, 04:14 PM
No changes other than color between the two years. And if you are planning on keeping the car for ~10 years, the difference in valve at that point will be pretty minimal. Just make sure it wasn't a demo car.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by malraux
No changes other than color between the two years. And if you are planning on keeping the car for ~10 years, the difference in valve at that point will be pretty minimal. Just make sure it wasn't a demo car.
got it!

Old 09-25-2012, 04:34 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by unethikl
There's a 2012 white sport mt for $16,600.

Are there any other reason than resale value and age that I should get 2013 instead?

Thanks again guys!!
check to make sure that the dealer added the destination in that price or not. some online prices that appear low do not include it. invoice is about $17.3K for 2012.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
Sad to say but you really need to make your own decisions... Hindsight is great for sure... Make the call and stand by it! The only bad decision is not making one.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
Get the car that you love driving! I am intrigued by the Kia Soul & like it's funky look.
The Juke looks like a giant shoe on wheels to me

Old 09-25-2012, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
You'd best make sure wifey wants to drive a stick. Learning to drive it at a basic level is one thing; being safe at it is another. My dad was able to get my mom to be pretty decent, but I comprehensively failed at getting my GF (now wife) to drive it in a safe or comfortable manner. Emergencies and long highway trips was about it. Dallas is nice and flat so a real easy place to drive a stick for a beginner, but still. Just make certain as you don't want to find out in a year that she's decided lurching about is as good as she wants to get. Learn from Fujisawa's fail :P

Personally I love MT cars, but I am not dissatisfied with the AT except for the lack of speed and the behavior of the torque converter. However, neither is enough to keep me from loving the car - this is easily the best car I've ever owned from many perspectives. (Although also the slowest). Still - if speed were your thing, the standard-turbo-Juke was your choice right?

The Soul is VERY commonly cross shopped against the Fit because it gives better equipment for your money, has an "SUV-like" driving position and is quieter to drive. It's not more fun, it isn't as useful to haul stuff inside, and it's just as homely. By all means test drive one, but I don't think you'll end up going for it given your previous rides. The Fit Sport makes you feel like an enthusiast as soon as you get in it, even though you're going slow :P

I also might suggest a Subaru Impreza. Fun-wise, halfway in between the Fit and the Juke, more capable in the snow than either, at a decent price and you get to deal with a typically friendly Subaru dealer (unless they haven't got any outside of the snow belt). Of course, you also have to get AWD which you might not want or need. For some people that's a plus; I probably won't buy another AWD car personally.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
Safety Ratings - you have your daughter in your car:
2012 Nissan Juke Safety | U.S. News Best Cars
2012 Honda Fit Safety | U.S. News Best Cars
2012 Kia Soul Safety | U.S. News Best Cars

Choice is between the Soul and Fit with the soul coming out a little better in safety, especially in side impact. Something to consider. do you drive in areas where side impact is greater risk (intersections etc...)

love the fit and I like the Juke styling but for me, the juke would be out because of it's ratings.

~SB

Old 09-25-2012, 08:06 PM
FWIW, my understanding is that for kids, side impact protection is much more a function of the car seat than the car. The rear side impact tests apply to adults more than children.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Fit Sport, this car is fantastic. Although with the anemic engine you need to go manual instead of auto to keep it fun. I'm selling mine to get a BRZ but in the future I will buy a used FIT as a DD. Such a great car for the price.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:05 AM
thank you guys for all your help!

I went by the dealer tonight for a 2013 white sport MT, bought it lol.
This was the only 2013 white sport mt within 50 miles.

My thoughts were to test drive the fit and the soul, but fell in love with the fit.
I was amazed how large the trunk area was.

I am now a proud white sport owner!

Old 09-26-2012, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

My thoughts were to test drive the fit and the soul, but fell in love with the fit.

Congrats! You picked a real clean color for the Fit too, I'm almost jealous haha enjoy(like we all do)!

Old 09-26-2012, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
Finally pulled the trigger.... Congrats! Enjoy your new ride!

Old 09-26-2012, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator
congrats! my first choice was taffetta white, but they didn't have one, so i bought me an ASM. =)

Old 09-26-2012, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
I have a 09 fit - now in 2012 i know i made the best choice

its my daily driver
holds 2 kids and tons of stuff and is 5speed & easy on gas & fun when i want it to be

was cross shopped, at the time with a mazda 3 hatch

Congrats btw

Old 09-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member

Awesome! Now you need swift springs.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
Great choice. I wanted white but up here not a lot of Honda dealers and white with manual transmission impossible to find I had to settle for red. But have grow accustom to the color.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
Awesome! Now you need swift springs.
And... on to teaching the wife how to drive a stick shift!

Old 09-26-2012, 01:26 PM

Congrats!

What'd your wife say about the MT?

Old 09-26-2012, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by x4x5x1x
Here is how I see this. You came to a forum dedicated to the Honda Fit, I think you've already made your choice and just want someone to back you up on it. I have an AT Fit Sport as my daily driver and I absolutly love it! Bonus, you can't deny that Hondas hold their value. Good luck, which ever one you choose!
That's how I feel when anybody posts the "Help Me Choose" question in any specific forum.

Unless you are posting the exact same question in every other vehicle choices specific forum, then what do you expect?

This is a "Fit Freak"...so?

So to the OP, I'd say, I own a Honda Fit, I think it's an excellent vehicle on many, many levels. Purchasing on would not be a mistake.

Quick Reply: Please help me decide!