2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What should the new Fits have as in options for us in north america

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
A turbo, coilover suspension and guages for starters.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by vickenp
Just in case Honda Canada/US is viewing these threads....here is what I wish, back when I picked up my 09 Fit, would have had to offer..........

-Please add ur comments/ wish list-

- sunroof
- 6 speed manual
- a Si version (more power than base with cruise control)

Basically a loaded model with manual.

Or just a 5 door civic Si

I wished the Fit came with the same 1.8L the 2012-2013 Civic's come with, i mean they are rated to have higher mpg ratings so it wont hurt fuel economy but yet has 23 more hp and 22lb more tq, which should put the fit just right at home.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Manual windows.
No cruise.
No A/C.
No stereo.
Smallest steel wheels possible.
Least insulation possible.

Essentially fuel saver/lightweight model.
If Manual Windows were an extra cost option, I would pay!

But let's go a bit further: How about REAL rubber bumpers and side body protectors? Going to a parking lot and not giving a damn if someone ran a shopping cart into my car, or opened a door against it would be empowering.

See, to me, it's not about having the lightest car, it's about having one that is the most worry free. Therefore, I still want a cargo cover. Large battery? Of course. Steel wheels: you bet, much tougher.

Keep the excellent visibility; the FIT is bucking the trend here, and good on them. Have you noticed that when a model exists that has both sedan and hatch variants that the hatches almost invariably have much worse sight lines? Sonic, Accent, Fiesta, Mazda3, Cruze (Eur), I'm lookin' at you. The only hatches with good rearward visibility remain the FIT, and the Impreza. And by no co-incidence, those two cars are the main candidates for my next car (2014).

Last edited by redsun; 12-26-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Why small steel wheels, though? Steelies are heavy as hell. If I were buying an economy model, I'd opt for alloy wheels simply because in most cases they're much lighter than steel, and stronger, too.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:01 PM
Ein
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Manual windows.
No cruise.
No A/C.
No stereo.
Smallest steel wheels possible.
Least insulation possible.

Essentially fuel saver/lightweight model.
Those are the exact features my 87 Civic hatch had. You missed two other good features, double wishbone suspension and manual steering my Civic also had

Old 12-26-2012, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
I think one reason why Honda did not make an Si/Sir/Type-R version of our Fits is because the Civic will lose in the market for sure. But that's just my opinion.

As for options, there should be a CX model for those people that don't want the other options included in the Fit. Just like Cody said, I really would not mind having manual everything.

Sunroof option is a plus
Maybe eliminate TPMS for our US buddies (For those who don't like 'em)
Digital climate control
Oem rear sway bar
R18 or similar powered engine
6-speed M/T or bring back paddle shifters for A/T
Better seats (Bolsters, lumbar adjustment, etc.)
Oem full armrest
Holes on the front bumper for license plates

That's all I can think of. I have a GD, so it really won't benefit me since I really like the body style of the GD's.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:35 PM
sunroof
rear 12v outlet
leather seats

Old 12-27-2012, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
The biggest thing I think my 2011 Sport needs is either a 6 speed transmission or a more powerful engine or both to increase highway fuel economy. Around town I am getting about 38-39 US MPG but on the highway it drops to about 31-32 US MPG on the highway.

The rest of the options listed would be nice to have since many of the cars the Fit is competing against for sales also have some or most of the options. The newer Fits may already have some of these features.

- Moonroof.
- Heated front seats without the need for leather.
- Rear disk brakes.
- Bluetooth.
- More common OEM tire size.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by J-Bird
The biggest thing I think my 2011 Sport needs is either a 6 speed transmission or a more powerful engine or both to increase highway fuel economy. Around town I am getting about 38-39 US MPG but on the highway it drops to about 31-32 US MPG on the highway.
That is strange, you are getting highway MPG around town, and around town mileage on the highway. Are you sure?

I would recommend checking out discussions in the eco-fit forum, as well as possibly checking out ecomodder.com

Old 12-28-2012, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spryter
Why small steel wheels, though? Steelies are heavy as hell. If I were buying an economy model, I'd opt for alloy wheels simply because in most cases they're much lighter than steel, and stronger, too.
Are steelies really that much heavier? Aluminum wheels may be as strong as Steelies, but they're also more prone to damage from, say, potholes and curbing. Not that I (lol) would ever do such a thing... Plus who's going to steal them? "Worry free", me likes that.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
Moonroof please!!

iMID with the SMS text and backup camera.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by spryter
BETTER SEATS.
[/thread]

An R18 with an economic 5th gear wouldn't hurt either.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
Outside temperature reading (standard), heated mirrors (option)

Old 12-28-2012, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redsun
Are steelies really that much heavier? Aluminum wheels may be as strong as Steelies, but they're also more prone to damage from, say, potholes and curbing. Not that I (lol) would ever do such a thing... Plus who's going to steal them? "Worry free", me likes that.
Well designed alloy wheels should be several pounds lighter than equivalent sized steelies, and when you're talking about sprung mass, every gram counts. As far as strength goes, I come from Cavaliers, and a lot of guys buy them to race. All of them use alloys because they tend to break steelies. And as Honda proved with Pie cutters, if you make wheels ugly enough, no one wants to steal them.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:56 PM
Since I have taken my fit on a 1400+ mile journey in one full swoop, I would like to see a few things as well

--optional full body sound insulation (and lack of). Or just an underbody coating service
--Better headlights
--a better electrical system. when parked with my hazards on and my interior lights on, everything dimmed each time the hazards blinked. I couldnt believe this, a car that has been running for over 26 hours straight, and the first time I actually stay in the car when idling waiting for snow to be cleared off the road, and the car proves it needs a bigger battery and better grounding!

--How about some better door/window seals? these look and feel cheap as crap. I forsee the first few years of winters with ice making the car leak!

--How about the splash-guard that goes under the motor? I see mounting spots, but no panel! I wanna keep my engine bay cleaner easier!

Considering car is primarily for gas savings, how about some underbody paneling like honda did for all its 92-00 fuel supersavers
(and how they all got better gas mileage then these new crappy hybrids?)

Old 12-29-2012, 06:34 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up The fit "bullit" package

1.6>197-258 HP DOHC VTECH 8500 RPM LIMIT, SUPER LITE WEIGHT RATTLE TRAP, LOWWWW/SLAMMED! ON 18" RIMS, TUNABLE> AIR SUSPENSION, TURBO OPT, NO REAR SEAT JUST STORAGE AREA, 4 DISC BRAKES, AWD, AND RWD> DRIFT PACKAGE, TUNABLE ECU., FULL GAUGE PACKAGE, LED HEADLIGHTS & TAILS, KANDY COLORS W/ 2 TONE OPT., REAR DIFFUSER, FRNT. C.F. LIP, AND 3 DIF. REAR WINGS OPT.
that's about it off the top of my head LOL

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 12-29-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Direct Injection.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by 13fit
Since I have taken my fit on a 1400+ mile journey in one full swoop, I would like to see a few things as well

--optional full body sound insulation (and lack of).
My first trip was an unexpected one, 1500 miles round-trip. One thing it needs, desperately, is padding on the steering wheel, beyond the leather cover mine came with. A bit of road feel is good, but given the crappy Louisina highway system, my wrists were numb from the constant vibration by the time I arrived at my destination.

Another thing is, better lumbar support (or, for that matter, ANY lumbar support). Of course, not everyone drives twelve hours straight, but for those of us who do…

Old 01-04-2013, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
A bit more power and a 6th gear would be nice, but I'd also like to see improved mpg.

An engine undertray is definitely needed. Not only will this help mpg and help to keep the engine bay clean, but it's necessary up north if you don't want your engine bay packed full of snow and ice and making weird noises.

The wipers could do with some adjustment to the intermittent setting. How about a rain sensor too.

Heated seats would be really nice.

Rear disc brakes have got to be fitted. It's embarrassing to be driving around with prehistoric drums at the rear.

Better gauges instead of idiot lights would be nice. I hate not having a coolant temp gauge for example.

I'm sure there are lots of other things too, but the above are what I'd like to see in order to bring the car up to current vehicle standards.

Last edited by Spitfire; 01-05-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:02 AM
I really wish the rear window would open like an SUV's rear window.

Quick Reply: What should the new Fits have as in options for us in north america