2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What should the new Fits have as in options for us in north america

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
R18 under the hood, close ration 6 speed manual.

sun roof and all the rest would be nice, but all i really want is a 6 speed R18 Fit.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by specboy
That may have to do with the Miracle-Ear being turned down a bit. (Sorry, couldn't resist).

I'm guessing i'd notice the difference. I noticed when I swapped out new tires. The fit is not a quiet vehicle, at least not by today's standards. It's a common complaint in many comparisons and one I read was doing a 2012 Model year shootout. The fit still came in first overall but one thing they didn't like was that the noise level was too high.

~SB
seems very quiet to me. If it was much quieter and the radio on, i wonder how well people would hear emergency vehicles comming up on them or around a corner?

Perhaps you should invest in some sound deadner.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NightScreams
seems very quiet to me. If it was much quieter and the radio on, i wonder how well people would hear emergency vehicles comming up on them or around a corner?

Perhaps you should invest in some sound deadner.
I'm fine with a louder car right now as it is my commuter and the majority of my commuting is 50mph or under. it's not horrendous, but it's not great. it's a fun car and the best option in the segment (which is why I own it). Looking towards the next Generation, sound deadening is one thing that needs improvement over the 09 model year (Maybe addressed somewhat in the '12/'13). Even the reviews agree.

~SB

Old 09-18-2012, 09:08 PM
on SI 2.0l
or turbo AWD six speed

Last edited by speedemon; 09-18-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Manual windows.
No cruise.
No A/C.
No stereo.
Smallest steel wheels possible.
Least insulation possible.

Essentially fuel saver/lightweight model.
so basically, a GEO Metro

Old 09-18-2012, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
185 hp 1.6

Fit Si R

Old 09-18-2012, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by johnalex731
so basically, a GEO Metro
Based on this response its clear you're not an enthusiast. Go back to complaining you only got 33 mpg or something.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Based on this response its clear you're not an enthusiast. Go back to complaining you only got 33 mpg or something.
OMG, it was a joke, in response to a joke.
I dont honestly think you want

Manual windows.
No cruise.
No A/C.
No stereo.

please get a sense of humor

Old 09-18-2012, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by johnalex731
OMG, it was a joke, in response to a joke.
I dont honestly think you want

Manual windows.
No cruise.
No A/C.
No stereo.

please get a sense of humor
Yes... He does.
The Rest of the world doesn't but Mike.... I believe he actually does. to each their own but I think you can be an enthusiast AND enjoy some of the creature comforts. For some reason, a few think that Enthusiasts can only love stripped down shells.

~SB

Old 09-18-2012, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
I would absolutely love that.

-Manual windows are more fun and they don't slow down over time, unless you do.
-I don't like cruise. Lower MPG, promotoes inattentive driving, etc.
-I like the idea of just the wiring in place for two front speakers and a head unit. I don't like stock stereos, something like this makes it easier to do things in a way that pleases the owner
-I rarely use the A/C anyway. Why not eliminate the power draining, fuel economy killing, already ineffective system?
-Insulation, less weight = better mpg/better performance; according to some the Fit is already loud, why not make it louder?

I apologize if I came off as blunt, but having spent time on this forum, you'd understand, there are quite a few members who would give that answer as a serious response. They'd then go make a thread about what oil they should use.

I can understand a desire for some comforts, my next daily will likely be some sort of luxo sedan or a Prius. I just wish some manufacturers would offer a car that is more affordable and lighter/more fun.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Wow , Specboy, I honestly didnt think he wanted that. I love my fit, I made a gallery of what I have done to it. The BT35-HON, shark fin antenna, clazzio seat covers, cargo tray, cargo cover/shelf, door sill plates, replaces dome, map and cargo lights with LED's

gallery here
http://imgur.com/a/bdRJW#0

Last edited by johnalex731; 09-18-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Since they are using the chassis in Spec B, why not come out with a race base model for the street? I would be all over it, except I still can not agree with the face on the North American model, every time I see the Fit Shuttle over here, I see that face and to me it is just too elongated and ugly.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Deftones8
R18 under the hood, close ration 6 speed manual.

sun roof and all the rest would be nice, but all i really want is a 6 speed R18 Fit.
Me and you are on the same page, I'm saving for down the road to do this.

Also I would like a door handle on the INSIDE OF THE HATCH

Old 09-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Manual windows.
No cruise.
No A/C.
No stereo.

Essentially fuel saver/lightweight model.
They have a similar model for sale in Canada--one that is stripped down (but still with power windows and a 2 speaker stereo ):

2013 Honda Fit Comparison of All Fit Trims

The "DX" has a curb weight of 1116kg vs 1125kg for the" LX" (similar to the base), so 2460lbs vs. 2478 = savings of about 18lbs.

...doesn't seem worth it to me...

I do kinda like manual windows and a 6 spd manual would be a huge +

Last edited by Geof; 09-27-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Since they are using the chassis in Spec B, why not come out with a race base model for the street?
This is why I agree with Mike and his stripped down Fit.

I have a 2010 base, the closest to his vision you can get I guess, I don't need or want any extras. *shrug*

I wouldn't even care if it had crank windows and manual locks. I'm not hard to please.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
This is why I agree with Mike and his stripped down Fit.

I have a 2010 base, the closest to his vision you can get I guess, I don't need or want any extras. *shrug*

I wouldn't even care if it had crank windows and manual locks. I'm not hard to please.
My 08 base is like a luxury car.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:13 AM
1-rear disk brakes
2-heated mirrors (mine always fog up- Canada has them already)
3-bigger battery
4-bigger alternator
5-engine temp gauge
6-outside temp gauge

Old 09-29-2012, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
I saw one mention of the variable intermittent wipers. That is something I very much want. Sadly, the mod I've seen to add this in only works on a manual, and I bought an automatic. >_<

Maybe if they make it stock, it'll actually install in mine too? Yeah, probably not... but I can hope.

Otherwise I'm pretty pleased with my little Fit. I do have the replacement light cover for the cargo area that you can push on and off, just need to install it. That's a cheap part, why isn't that in there stock?

Old 09-29-2012, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DeathKitten
I saw one mention of the variable intermittent wipers. That is something I very much want. Sadly, the mod I've seen to add this in only works on a manual, and I bought an automatic. >_<

Maybe if they make it stock, it'll actually install in mine too? Yeah, probably not... but I can hope.

Otherwise I'm pretty pleased with my little Fit. I do have the replacement light cover for the cargo area that you can push on and off, just need to install it. That's a cheap part, why isn't that in there stock?
Every penny hits the bottom line and they have to call it at some point. There's a number of things that are inexpensive to do but put them all together and the price of the FIT would be a bit higher as for The wipers, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work on your auto. Transmission shouldn't matter.

~SB

Old 09-29-2012, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by specboy
Every penny hits the bottom line and they have to call it at some point. There's a number of things that are inexpensive to do but put them all together and the price of the FIT would be a bit higher as for The wipers, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work on your auto. Transmission shouldn't matter.

~SB
You'd think that, wouldn't you? If you read the thread about installing the wiper stick from another Honda (CRV or Element, I think?) to get the variable intermittent, apparently there's one connector you need to plug into to get the variable feature, and where Honda elected to make that connection in the manual, they didn't in the automatic. As far as I know, no one's attempted to trace that wiring, or gotten the info from a service manual, as to why there's this difference between the automatic and the manual. So I'm stuck facing the fact that I can't make this mod unless I can find someone who knows about automotive electrical systems to figure out what else needs to be done to make this work. I know I don't know enough to figure it out myself, at least not anywhere in the near future.

Quick Reply: What should the new Fits have as in options for us in north america