2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What should the new Fits have as in options for us in north america

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Originally Posted by specboy
All Fits should have:
130hp (L16?)

No thank you.

Bluetooth with BT Audio

Eww no.

Better sound Deadening

Car is already very quiet.

Better Tires

Meh. Better is subjective.

~SB
I just realized one thing all Fits should have:

A maximum weight of 2400 lbs.

DEM MPG!
The car could use a little more power and Torque - result would likely be better fuel economy as well due to more economical gearing. The civic does better with the R18 which is partially due to additional torque and partially aerodynamics. It's also a heavier car(the civic)

as for the bluetooth, Safety and Convenience... worthwhile. - Weight savings can be found elsewhere.

The Car is LOUD. road noise and engine noise comes through the cabin and you can't have a conversation without having to raise your voice a little. I've been in a number of other cars in similar price segments that are quieter inside.

24K Miles on supposedly LRR tires is abysmal. Most people aren't getting more than 30K. Honda is known for putting crappy tires on cars...

This thread should be a little about "dreams" and mostly about reality. A Stripped, no AC, no PW/DL, No stereo, No This, No that isn't reality.

~SB

Old 09-17-2012, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
-1 for sunroof. slow enough and cramped enough already!

Coupe ("Cut") version. No, not two doors - lower roofline. Pointless, but cool. An OPTION, thanks (no one would buy one).

Independent rear suspension. Heck just offer a "sports pack" with IRS, 6-speed, 10mm lower suspension, stiffer dampers, and an extra 10hp found simply by extending the redline 500rpm into somewhat-less-good-for-the-engine territory and biasing the valve timing for less-smooth low speed airflow. $2500 for that; or $1500 if they leave the transmission the same.

Or .. you know what .. forget all that. Hire a few decent stylists so I don't have to look at a rabbit-colored turd in the driveway. I mean I love the car, but come ON!

Old 09-17-2012, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
The car could use a little more power and Torque - result would likely be better fuel economy as well due to more economical gearing. The civic does better with the R18 which is partially due to additional torque and partially aerodynamics. It's also a heavier car(the civic)

as for the bluetooth, Safety and Convenience... worthwhile. - Weight savings can be found elsewhere.

The Car is LOUD. road noise and engine noise comes through the cabin and you can't have a conversation without having to raise your voice a little. I've been in a number of other cars in similar price segments that are quieter inside.

24K Miles on supposedly LRR tires is abysmal. Most people aren't getting more than 30K. Honda is known for putting crappy tires on cars...

This thread should be a little about "dreams" and mostly about reality. A Stripped, no AC, no PW/DL, No stereo, No This, No that isn't reality.

~SB
I am not a loud talker by any means and even with my Spoon N1 I have never raised my voice while talking in my car.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Keyless start, remote start, Leather seats and Premium stereo might have been nice.
rugged ABS floor in the trunk and back of rear seats, i hate the cardboard tire cover and carpeting in something made to haul stuff

Old 09-17-2012, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
I am not a loud talker by any means and even with my Spoon N1 I have never raised my voice while talking in my car.
My 2009 is louder than the 98 Civic EX coupe we had. It was also louder than my 86 prelude. Of all of the vehicles in my sig, the only one louder was my Integra GS-R and that was only after I had Revved it past 5.3K.

My parents VW Rabbit diesel truck was louder though.

~SB

Old 09-17-2012, 09:45 PM
The one thing I had really wanted was a moon/sunroof and was a bit disappointment the Fit didn't have it as an option, but I got over it.

After driving the Fit 10 mos. now I 'm really quite satisfied with the car as is. Sure more HP, 6sp manual trans. tires would be nice but only if Honda could do it for only a slight price increase. Also with gas prices as high as they are I'm fine with the 1.5L.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
My 2009 is louder than the 98 Civic EX coupe we had. It was also louder than my 86 prelude. Of all of the vehicles in my sig, the only one louder was my Integra GS-R and that was only after I had Revved it past 5.3K.

My parents VW Rabbit diesel truck was louder though.

~SB
IDK how you could possibly think that. One of my best friends had a 98 Civic EX, I drove it a couple weeks ago back to back with my Fit.

My car is WORLDS quieter.

My car is also quieter than my 91 Civic was, and that was bone stock except for suspension/wheels/tyres.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
On my 2012 I really only notice the engine noise when I leave it in third gear as I accelerate up to 60mph before shifting up into 4th and 5th when going up a ramp onto the highway. Actually it sounds nice. One other thing sun visors that can be extended.

Last edited by cjecpa; 09-17-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
IDK how you could possibly think that. One of my best friends had a 98 Civic EX, I drove it a couple weeks ago back to back with my Fit.

My car is WORLDS quieter.

My car is also quieter than my 91 Civic was, and that was bone stock except for suspension/wheels/tyres.
The Car I compare my fit to (Noise-wise) is the GS-R and we owned it at the same time as the Civic Ex (Coupe). The Civic was noticeably quieter than the GS-R even after we replaced the tires on both. The fit has quieted down after putting on the Hankooks (which are WORLDS Better than stock) but it still isn't nearly as quiet as other cars I've owned. (I don't expect noise levels like the altima SE or the Ridgeline).

As an FYI question (Is that an FMI?), what year is your fit? I see the GD in the sig but would lean towards you having a GE?

As for additions, a locking Gas door and variable intermittent wipers would be nice too. (Even though it would add some weight ). Independent rear suspension would be nice too but with such a nose heavy bias, not really necessary.

oh... and 20's 2" of rubber all the way around would be da bomb yo....

ok, not so much...

~SB

Old 09-18-2012, 01:09 PM
200+ horsepower

Old 09-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
I would totally love this, but would keep the radio, maybe just make it 2 speakers in front doors or something.

And add manual steering rack
Sounds like my '67 Dodge Dart.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wetphoto
Sounds like my '67 Dodge Dart.
Interestingly enough, I love Darts

Old 09-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Interestingly enough, I love Darts
They were good cars, but in '67, crude compared to a base anything today. The new Dart might be interesting

Old 09-18-2012, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
The Car I compare my fit to (Noise-wise) is the GS-R and we owned it at the same time as the Civic Ex (Coupe). The Civic was noticeably quieter than the GS-R even after we replaced the tires on both. The fit has quieted down after putting on the Hankooks (which are WORLDS Better than stock) but it still isn't nearly as quiet as other cars I've owned. (I don't expect noise levels like the altima SE or the Ridgeline).

As an FYI question (Is that an FMI?), what year is your fit? I see the GD in the sig but would lean towards you having a GE?

As for additions, a locking Gas door and variable intermittent wipers would be nice too. (Even though it would add some weight ). Independent rear suspension would be nice too but with such a nose heavy bias, not really necessary.

oh... and 20's 2" of rubber all the way around would be da bomb yo....

ok, not so much...

~SB
I have a GD. Drive/ride in a 2012 Sport all the time though.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
I have a GD. Drive/ride in a 2012 Sport all the time though.
'12's are supposed to be a little quieter than the '09 so maybe some of my "concern" has been addressed. Have yet to ride in anything other than an '09 (My brother has one too and it's the same).

~SB

Old 09-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yes, stock vs stock, my '12 was significantly quieter than my '09 and smoother riding.

my '12 was modded a few days afterwards so no longer stock vs stock. i still prefer my '12 ride.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
'12's are supposed to be a little quieter than the '09 so maybe some of my "concern" has been addressed. Have yet to ride in anything other than an '09 (My brother has one too and it's the same).

~SB
My grandparents have never once complained about their 09. The Fit replaced a 3 year old Volvo. If they don't notice a difference between a $40k luxury car and a 15k econohatch, its just fine.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
My grandparents have never once complained about their 09. The Fit replaced a 3 year old Volvo. If they don't notice a difference between a $40k luxury car and a 15k econohatch, its just fine.
That may have to do with the Miracle-Ear being turned down a bit. (Sorry, couldn't resist).

I'm guessing i'd notice the difference. I noticed when I swapped out new tires. The fit is not a quiet vehicle, at least not by today's standards. It's a common complaint in many comparisons and one I read was doing a 2012 Model year shootout. The fit still came in first overall but one thing they didn't like was that the noise level was too high.

~SB

Old 09-18-2012, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
Talking My wish list

1) 6 speed manual transmission. I really believe this would enhance highway MPG.
2) Engine temperature guage.
3) Outdoor thermometer reading available in the dash display.
4) Real carpeting. I've seen deeper pile on roof felt!
5) Louder factory horn.
6) Protection for the AC condenser. Better lower grill.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by fujisawa
-1 for sunroof. slow enough and cramped enough already!
well 115hp doesn't exactly scream Ferrari, but i am curious as to why you feel cramped in the Fit. Im about 6' and i have a couple other friends around 5'8 to my height that sits in sometimes (though i keep max of 4 ppl in the car only) and there's not 1 complaint about space issues.

Quick Reply: What should the new Fits have as in options for us in north america