2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Is it worth the price?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Is it worth the price?

Hello there fellow FF members.

Since after trying to ask questions on other thread without response, i did my research and actually just wanna ask your opinions if it is worth it?

I have budget to get some coils now but was thinking of just a mild drop. As per reading other threads, Around 20-25mm front and 30mm rear drop is the ideal drop without scraping, rubbing etc.

I can get that with just Tein H-Tech springs but some of my friends still insists that i go coils even for a mild drop that i want. Also they said that even if i go lower, i would not rub if i go with coils (i dunno why).

In PH, roads are really crap (anyone you ask from PH will agree). Lots of potholes, cracks, humps etc.

I am just using my fit for daily driving (mixed city and highway). No track intentions but maybe ones in a blue moon. Casual spirited driving.

So you guys think its worth the price? Let's say springs will cost around $313 here and coilovers around $813 both when converted to USD

Thanks!

Old 09-10-2012, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by sabawballs
Hello there fellow FF members.

Since after trying to ask questions on other thread without response, i did my research and actually just wanna ask your opinions if it is worth it?

I have budget to get some coils now but was thinking of just a mild drop. As per reading other threads, Around 20-25mm front and 30mm rear drop is the ideal drop without scraping, rubbing etc.

I can get that with just Tein H-Tech springs but some of my friends still insists that i go coils even for a mild drop that i want. Also they said that even if i go lower, i would not rub if i go with coils (i dunno why).

In PH, roads are really crap (anyone you ask from PH will agree). Lots of potholes, cracks, humps etc.

I am just using my fit for daily driving (mixed city and highway). No track intentions but maybe ones in a blue moon. Casual spirited driving.

So you guys think its worth the price? Let's say springs will cost around $313 here and coilovers around $813 both when converted to USD

Thanks!
The car handles great stock. Soooo...other than for car shows or for your own amusement, it isn't worth it considering how you drive. But, if car shows are your thing, go for it. My Camaro is fast enough stock, and handles well. rather than mess with expensive power and suspension upgrades that I never use since I don't race it, I used the money for chrome, stainless and other stuff to win at the car shows.

Last edited by wetphoto; 09-10-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
Only you can decide if its worth it for you.
Springs-$330
Shocks/struts-$400-500
Slightly under 800 with no adjustability and unmatched spring rate to damper.
don't listen to word one wetphoto speaks. Unless you take advice from ... performance is worthless buy some chrome for your stock camaro types of people.
as my classic car friends state" chrome wont get you home" or " to played to get you laid" but we know chevys aren't good cars. I owned a 69 chevelle malibu ss probably would have eaten your camaro on the road and in the parking lot. I sold it to fund a datsun 510 build because chevy cars handle like chevy trucks or rather don't handle

Last edited by joey_fits; 09-10-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:13 AM
5 Year Member
Springs are probably the best value for your individual needs.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:52 AM
so now i got base on your replies (as i've understood it)

go with coils = 1
go with springs =1
don't go with either = 1

LOL!!!

Old 09-10-2012, 08:32 AM
so now i got base on your replies (as i've understood it)

go with coils = 1
go with springs =1
don't go with either = 1

LOL!!!
HAHAHAHHAHAHA! WHAT A HELPFUL COMMUNITY! HAHAHAHAHA!

Old 09-10-2012, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
How are the roads in the Philippines? That impacts things.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Have you looked into Swift springs? There are a few posters on here that seem to really like theirs. From what I have gathered they provide about a 1" drop and improve handling, but don't ride much harsher than the stock springs.

-Dustin

Old 09-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
get the swifts. it's a win for all daily driving conditions. it's not much lower, but with 17's and 205/45/17 the car looks factory finish. which is wat i like. i have some snaps in my albums page if you want to check them out.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
How are the roads in the Philippines? That impacts things.
hmmm maybe it is somehow like this. Some are better some are worse

Old 09-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by RangerRingor
HAHAHAHHAHAHA! WHAT A HELPFUL COMMUNITY! HAHAHAHAHA!
what else can i ask for? lol!!!!

Old 09-10-2012, 11:59 AM
i doubt i can get swifts. i already tried with evasive and they quoted me a whopping 450 USD to be shipped here.. H-Techs are similar in drop though with 25mm front and 30mm rear

Old 09-10-2012, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
Coilover and Camber bolts call it a Day that's if Ur not on a budget but if u r Go With Swifts springs and get camber bolts

Old 09-10-2012, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
^^^looks like the roads around here. Being on coils sucks on roads like that but I personally can't have soft spring rates...normal people hate being in my car. It's all personal preference and springs will give you a much better ride on stuff like that, and coils would be too much of a compromise for you (and also more expensive).

Old 09-10-2012, 04:00 PM
From what I can see it looks like the H Tech isn't much of a drop. I'm sure it'll ride close to stock. At that height you won't scrape or rub as long as you're careful about wheel offsets if/when you get wheels.

If you just want a mild drop (1" or so, which is what I think the HTech give) you should be fine with the stock shocks. I have STechs and they're lower than that and i'm fine with them, some of the roads I drive on everyday look worse than the one you posted there

Coilovers will be superior, but if you can't justify spending the extra money for whatever reason, I think the springs will work out fine for you.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i doubt i can get swifts. i already tried with evasive and they quoted me a whopping 450 USD to be shipped here.. H-Techs are similar in drop though with 25mm front and 30mm rear
that's still about 1/2 of a coilover system, no? if that's what it costs to have swifts in your area, then that's what it costs, i guess.

i would stay away from tein's. ive not had great experience with their s-techs nor h-techs unless you have aftermarket adjustable dampers. this was on another car, but again, swifts are made to work with your stock dampers much better.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
I would go with springs, check out the Eibach ones.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FIT4thetouge
. It's all personal preference and springs will give you a much better ride on stuff like that, and coils would be too much of a compromise for you (and also more expensive).
How? What? Touge aren't you on f&f 2s with 8k/6k rates? Op most of the people on here are honestly trying to help but can only speak from their own experiences and everyone is going to be sure their setup is best for you. Because they are the person honda engineers had in mind when developed the car and companies that have been doing r&d on the fit for ~10
years and racing them for over 5 well they're dumb and rebadge junk. So guess you'll never know

Old 09-10-2012, 08:01 PM
so now here it what it looks like (base on how as i've understood your opinions)

go with coils = 3
go with springs = 3
don't go with either = 1

i doubt that i'll go with swifts since its a $100+ more compared with the Htechs that gives around similar drop. Also i think its crazy to get $450 lowering springs.

So still torn..

Old 09-10-2012, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wafulz
Coilover and Camber bolts call it a Day that's if Ur not on a budget but if u r Go With Swifts springs and get camber bolts
...^ this...

Quick Reply: Is it worth the price?