2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Is it worth the price?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Looking at the pricing, you looking at $800 coilovers, I am almost certain your stock struts/shocks mated with SWIFT Sport-Machs will handle better than whatever that cheap coilover setup is you're looking at. Why pay more money for something that is not as good quality or ride characteristic? The SWIFT springs are of excellent quality and as has been stated multiple times are matched to the capabilities of the stock components.

Add in a rear sway bar with the SWIFT springs and definitely have a much better handling ride over the suspension you are looking at for roughly the same price.
Brand is BC Racing Coilovers. I've read from other threads here and other forums that they are pretty good and not much complaints about it...

Old 09-12-2012, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator
hook me up with your friends business. i'll go check his shop out when i come november. i hope he has some ge8 stuff.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sabawballs
Brand is BC Racing Coilovers. I've read from other threads here and other forums that they are pretty good and not much complaints about it...
So not many complaints are alright with you? What real benefit is the cheaper suspension going to give you over getting the springs and rear stabilizer for roughly the same cost? Granted it is your money to spend how you see fit, but remember you are the one who came asking if it is worth the cost. In my opinion, which means jack shit, the SWIFT and rear stabilizer will give you a much better ride overall than some cheap suspension setup that doesn't have many complaints.

On the other hand, how many people that are buying said suspension setups really are going to complain about their purchase when they don't even realize they actually made the car handle worse (when dumped) than when it left the factory? It just looks good in the parking lot and that is what is most important for the majority these days. You said yourself, you are not tracking your car and will only occasionally drive it in a spirited manner, so do yourself the favor and get the parts that will actually make the car handle better when you do go on your spirited drives.

You know how much the SWIFT Sport-Machs retail for here in Japan, at today's exchange $553 or ¥42000. So if you can get them for the price you quoted shipped, you are still winning.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
hook me up with your friends business. i'll go check his shop out when i come november. i hope he has some ge8 stuff.
ow hell yeah! he got lots of goodies for the GE8s

Old 09-12-2012, 01:50 AM
So not many complaints are alright with you? What real benefit is the cheaper suspension going to give you over getting the springs and rear stabilizer for roughly the same cost? Granted it is your money to spend how you see fit, but remember you are the one who came asking if it is worth the cost. In my opinion, which means jack shit, the SWIFT and rear stabilizer will give you a much better ride overall than some cheap suspension setup that doesn't have many complaints.

On the other hand, how many people that are buying said suspension setups really are going to complain about their purchase when they don't even realize they actually made the car handle worse (when dumped) than when it left the factory? It just looks good in the parking lot and that is what is most important for the majority these days. You said yourself, you are not tracking your car and will only occasionally drive it in a spirited manner, so do yourself the favor and get the parts that will actually make the car handle better when you do go on your spirited drives.

You know how much the SWIFT Sport-Machs retail for here in Japan, at today's exchange $553 or ¥42000. So if you can get them for the price you quoted shipped, you are still winning.
well i meant by not too much complaints is that its nothing serious that it can be resolved by some tuning Anyway yeah i get your point for around the same cost, i get better results with the swifts and rsb in terms of performance basing on how i drive and the conditions here.. And i think this is being more practical Good input man!

i wonder if how much does a progress RSB costs to be shipped here. Hmm..

Old 09-12-2012, 01:55 AM
Super Moderator
damn i was checking out ebay.ph and they got some nice looking stuff i can pick up and the prices are damn cheap. i wish i can take home a whole body kit for $500!

Old 09-12-2012, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator
Old 09-12-2012, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
Become friends with xxryu139x and if you can hold out till November, maybe he can bring the items to the Philippines for you and save on the expensive shipping costs for a small handling fee.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:58 AM
Super Moderator
a better idea is, i go pass by japan and check out your sexy fit. =)

Old 09-12-2012, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
Damn I just checked Evasive's price on the SWIFTS, they want close to $200 to ship? That is insane, the box size nor weight of the item would equate to that amount of shipping.

If anyone from FF happens to be in or around the Tokyo area, I'm more than willing to meet up.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:04 AM
Super Moderator
i thought swifts were made in japan... and would be cheaper there? i just bought swifts from them for about $280 shipped.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
Japan is not cheap at all especially with the current exchange rate. Be ecstatic that they are still selling for that price and not by the exchange rate. And yes, they are made in Japan at their factory in Shizuoka Prefecture.

Last edited by 555sexydrive; 09-12-2012 at 02:08 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:07 AM
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
damn i was checking out ebay.ph and they got some nice looking stuff i can pick up and the prices are damn cheap. i wish i can take home a whole body kit for $500!
well i know a place here that sells like a complete body kit (full bumpers not add-ons) for around $1000 if painted. so i'm guessing it will be much cheaper if not painted. I also know a place if only the kit add ons to cost around $500. LOL

Old 09-12-2012, 02:10 AM
Damn I just checked Evasive's price on the SWIFTS, they want close to $200 to ship? That is insane, the box size nor weight of the item would equate to that amount of shipping.

If anyone from FF happens to be in or around the Tokyo area, I'm more than willing to meet up.
see what i mean? i'll be paying $200 for just shipping and that makes me real sad unless our good friend xxryu139x will bring it here together with the Progress RSB haha!

Old 09-12-2012, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator
well if i got room in my balikbayan boxes going there i may be able to bring down some springs, but they weigh too much for the little space they take. might need all 70lbs allowable weight for my pasalubongs.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator
looks like i'll be shopping for LED tails, and Projector Headlights (i wonder if those are any good), and some type of rear diffuser (Mugen, J's). i don't think any other body kit part would fit usdm 2012 sport.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:17 AM
We usually don't buy those projector headlights not unless they are retrofitted. Tails are good. We can get some of those axis tails for around $220 brand new.

If you are hesitant on body kits, just buy the complete bumper body kit. Not sure if there will be any fitting issues on the USDM Fit

Old 09-12-2012, 02:20 AM
Super Moderator
LED tails mosdef then. the USDM front bumpers are completely different from honda jazz front bumpers. i think the rear bumper is mostly the same. someone correct me pls i'm wrong.

looks like jdm rears won't fit after using the search button =(

Last edited by xxryu139xx; 09-12-2012 at 02:24 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:27 AM
design is most definitely different but i also want to know if the mounting will be different as well. i like the front bumpers of the Fit Sport though.

So anyway, lemme know if there is a possibility to bring home a set of the swifts and a Progress RSB as well. Cuz like 555 stated, it is insane to pay $200 for shipping lol.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator
aiite i'll let u know next month when i start packing my stuff. i'll add u as a friend.

Quick Reply: Is it worth the price?