2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New Fit owner - seeking some advice & guidance

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 08:00 AM
New Fit owner - seeking some advice & guidance

Just purchased a 2010 Fit base. I use the car for my job and I really want to put a remote starter and cruise control on it.

I'm asking for some advice & guidance on where to start looking for either of these items. I've searched on the forum, and on the net using Google, and am more confused than ever. I have modest mechanical skills, but I truly lack the time to mess with trying to do installations on this kind of thing myself. I live in a fairly rural area, so I can't just jiff down to my local Honda specialty shop (dealers look at me like I have three heads when I've asked about these two items).

Seeking advice on what are the best brands of these two items, and how one goes about getting them installed on the vehicle.

Thanks for any and all assistance!

Ursenay

Old 08-31-2012, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
remote starter...go with any brand made by directed. i like clifford and viper lines of products. the ones with the 2 way pager is nice...so you know that its started and/or if the alarm is goign off (as long as your withing range). find a good alarm installer and let them do the work. alarm/remote start install is not for the faint of heart. requires cutting some pretty important wires.
http://www.directed.com/

cruise control is gonna be a little more involved and custom. no recomendatiosn there.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator
i got a dei viper 5202v alarm with remote from a local installer. it cost around $300 with labor, but i paid $500 since i got the smart start module too where u can use ur smart phone to start the phone remotely. its a nice feature to have especially since the unit i work in is too far away from the parking lot. bad part is the program is buggy and sometimes i would not work or communicate with the car. the range on the normal alarm is amazingly far.

don't go to best buy, they charge alot more than the local installers do and they will probably go the way of the dinosaurs in a couple of years. support small local businesses.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
just get a piece of flaws tie it to ur pinky and if anything going on it will pull and if ur far get 3 packs lol cost 3 bucks each at target lol