2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New Member! - Jones'n for a new 2013 Honda Fit :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 12:06 AM
Talking New Member! - Jones'n for a new 2013 Honda Fit :)

Hey Everyone
My name's Andy and I'm from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (U.P.)
Are there any other Michiganders out there? I seen several threads for different states, but not one for Michigan...

My girlfriend and I saw a Honda Fit for the first time the past Winter while in search
of a replacement for my first car, a 1999 Ford Taurus, that I had been driving since 2007.
It was a 2008 and $10,000. I didn't care for it at the time and I wasn't able to spend that much on a car.

I ended up getting a newer 2005 Ford Taurus. A few months later my friend needed a car to replace his car
that kept having one problem after another. I helped him with researching new cars that were fuel efficient
and were good for hauling things for his catering business. We both fell in love with the 2012 Honda Fit

He bought it and I got to drive it around a number of times. Now I want one, really, really bad lol :P
The car I have now is nice, but it's a gas guzzler I've got 2 jobs working for my local college, lots of school money,
and my GF has a job now, too. So we are going to work on making this happen

Also, my friend that got the Fit is running for the Treasurer of my county and I'm his campaign assistant
If he wins on Nov 6th things will be even better for me financially He is thinking about having me take over
his catering business. So I need to wait until at least after Nov 6th to see if we can afford a new Fit.

--------------

We both want a 2013 Honda Fit Sport AT in Blue Raspberry

I have some questions on the Fit (don't know much about cars :/):

- Which Winter tires do you recommend? I read you can put different sized tires on the Fit!??

- Which white LEDs do you recommend for the headlights? Is it hard to swap them?

- I saw that someone swapped their battery with a much smaller Braille battery. Why?
Which one would I need and how much is it?

- Can the car bu purchased without the dealer emblem?

- Swift springs sound great? Easy to install by a beginner? Progress Sway Bar??

Accessories I want:
- Door visors
- Remote Start for the long, cold Winter months
- All season floor mats
- Cargo tray
- Leather shift knob
- Interior Illumination

Old 08-20-2012, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by Andy Candy
Hey Everyone
Are there any other Michiganders out there? I seen several threads for different states, but not one for Michigan...

My girlfriend and I saw a Honda Fit for the first time the past Winter while in search
of a replacement for my first car, a 1999 Ford Taurus, that I had been driving since 2007.
It was a 2008 and $10,000. I didn't care for it at the time and I wasn't able to spend that much on a car.

I ended up getting a newer 2005 Ford Taurus. A few months later my friend needed a car to replace his car
that kept having one problem after another. I helped him with researching new cars that were fuel efficient
and were good for hauling things for his catering business. We both fell in love with the 2012 Honda Fit

He bought it and I got to drive it around a number of times. Now I want one, really, really bad lol :P
The car I have now is nice, but it's a gas guzzler I've got 2 jobs working for my local college, lots of school money,

Also, my friend that got the Fit is running for the Treasurer of my county and I'm his campaign assistant
If he wins on Nov 6th things will be even better for me financially He is thinking about having me take over
his catering business. So I need to wait until at least after Nov 6th to see if we can afford a new Fit.

--------------

- Which Winter tires do you recommend? I read you can put different sized tires on the Fit!??

- Which white LEDs do you recommend for the headlights? Is it hard to swap them?

- I saw that someone swapped their battery with a much smaller Braille battery. Why?

Accessories I want:
- Door visors
- All season floor mats
- Cargo tray
- Leather shift knob
- Interior Illumination

-For winter tires either go with firestone winterforces or General Altimax Arctics. Ive run both and they are both grea tires.
- LEDs are pointless for your headlights. If you want brighter headlights put in an HID kit. Most people will say this is a bad idea in stock headlight housing (because it can blind other drivers), but Ive been running them since I bought my 2012 in march without an issue
-Smaller battery is pointless, dont waste your time unless you plan on turning it into a track car
-Yes, just tell them not to put it on when you go to pick up the car. Thats what I did, and they never put one on.
- No. Springs are not easy to install on this car, especially for a beginner. Unless you plan on really having fun with the car, I wouldnt bother. Since this seems like it would be more of a daily driver for you, it would pretty much be a waste. Swaybar is easy to install, but pointless as well (see above)

Also:

Interior ilumination is pretty much a waste of money
and so is the leather shift knob
All other accesories I would get

Old 08-20-2012, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member
I believe you want hids for headlights. Look into retro fit kits as pnp kits will give off an annoying glare. To mention an old addage if you have to ask you don't need it. Refering to the braile battery. You live in the snow do not get a tiny battery with low cranking amps. I don't travel in the snow but there are several companies that make snow tires in our stock size. If you have never done suspension work I wouldn't try it yourself there's many oppertunities to turn your daily into sitting on jack stands waiting for special order parts from the dealer. Its a 2013 no places or dealerships readily stock parts as of yet. Seat time. Seat time. Seat time get to know your cars limitations before you start modding learn its strengths and weaknesses then give it help where you determine it needs it. Good luck! Happy fitting!

Old 08-20-2012, 08:49 PM
When I bought my 2012 Fit Sport I told the salesman I did not want ANY decals or emblems with the dealer's name on my car. They didn't like it but did what I asked.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:21 PM
No dealer decals or emblems?

I had no idea that you could request no dealer decals or emblems. Live and learn on these forums!

I'd like to learn more about what others are doing for interior illumination. It sounds fun but I think having more lights in the interior at night would "blind" me to the outside lights on the road. The Fit does come with interior lights that constantly illuminate the cup holders and tray between the front seats and I've already found that very handy for locating my phone, Altoids, and other stuff I keep in that tray.

Have fun outfitting your new Fit when you get it!

Last edited by SoHoFitFreak; 08-20-2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: editorial corrections
Old 08-21-2012, 07:27 AM
5 Year Member
I let my dealer know that when they got it, not to add any dealer badges. If they wanted to do a License Plate Frame, that was fine with me but no "stickies" on the car. They said no problem.

I wish the 09's had interior cup holder illumination. Been thinking about adding it in but most of these LEDs are trending towards super bright. I want DIM lighting for when I drive at night. I turn the display almost all the way down for better visibility.

~SB

Old 08-21-2012, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
when i picked up my fit, i told them if you pay me for advertising then keep the dealer stickers etc

Old 08-30-2012, 01:24 PM
I only have the license plate frames. Which I will upgrade anyways to a different color. I guess they were nice and left the stickers off for me.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
number plates are ok to have their name on but i hate window stickers and i really hate badges on the paint work for their dealership

Old 08-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member

go with bridgestone WS60's (or new WS70) you can use 185/55/16 or 205/50/16 on your stock sport wheels.

yes, easy to install. make sure to read up on my blog where i explain what i did to get the front strut out. im no professional but have been doing bolt on mods for many years.

honestly no need for progress swaybar with swifts.. perhaps if you're going to use that swaybar, might work better with their lowering springs.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by Andy Candy
Hey Everyone

--------------

Accessories I want:
- Door visors
- All season floor mats
- Cargo tray
- Leather shift knob
- Interior Illumination
Switching out with braille battery is somewhat negligible in terms of providing power but if you want to lose a couple of pounds then thats why you would want them. I myself have braille 15lb battery