2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Sun Shade

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Sun Shade

Question number one was answered so quickly thought I would ask number two!

What the best sunshade for the GIANT windshield of a 2012 Honda Fit?

Old 07-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Covered garage.

I've got a roll up one that's designed for the fit. Made by intro-tech. It works well while unrolled, but is ungainly.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:47 PM
Some would say it's too cumbersome and a pain the behind, but I personally love it and highly recommend it. "Fits" perfectly....! (AND covers the little side window's)

Amazon Amazon

Old 07-25-2012, 11:57 PM
I just ordered the Info Tech Ultimate Reflector sunshade: Intro-Tech Sunshade, IntroTech Ultimate Reflector Sun Shade

Unlike the others that have been mentioned, this one is foldable instead of roll up so it should be easier to manage. It is a bit on the expensive side, but is made to last (comes with a lifetime garauntee). also, not sure how much of a difference it makes, but it is also reversible so that in winter time, the black side will absorb heat and make your car warmer.

i'll post and update when it arrives and i've had a chance to test it out.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
Covercraft UVS100 shades are really nice. For the Fit though, it comes in 2 pieces since the it is so large.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by johnoshea
I just ordered the Info Tech Ultimate Reflector sunshade: Intro-Tech Sunshade, IntroTech Ultimate Reflector Sun Shade

Unlike the others that have been mentioned, this one is foldable instead of roll up so it should be easier to manage. It is a bit on the expensive side, but is made to last (comes with a lifetime garauntee). also, not sure how much of a difference it makes, but it is also reversible so that in winter time, the black side will absorb heat and make your car warmer.

i'll post and update when it arrives and i've had a chance to test it out.
Please do! Very interested in a folding one vs. a rolling one (and no - I dont care to much about keeping the cold out as i live in Florida ).

Old 07-26-2012, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member
I just got the super jumbo size fold-up shades that are two pieces. I put them in the windshield with the long part going up-down instead of left-right. Or turned 90 degrees if that makes sense.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by loubob57
I just got the super jumbo size fold-up shades that are two pieces. I put them in the windshield with the long part going up-down instead of left-right. Or turned 90 degrees if that makes sense.
+1
Covers entire windshield area and fits perfectly. Flip down the visors and its held securely in place. Mine has reflective coating on one side keeping more sun/heat out. Not as much as an insulated shade would but much more compact.

Some complain that it is too hard to fold up but I can't understand that at all. It literally takes me only 2 seconds and first time every time. Folds so compact you can easily store it between drivers seat and door for easy access. Just advise your front seat passenger to sit back normally in the seat while you are folding/unfolding the shade or wait for them to exit car, as it will hit them if they're leaning forward.

Less than $10 at Wally World.

_

Old 07-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by BaaBeE9
Question number one was answered so quickly thought I would ask number two!

What the best sunshade for the GIANT windshield of a 2012 Honda Fit?
Amazon Amazon

Fits my 2012 fit perfectly.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by Fatbrando
Some would say it's too cumbersome and a pain the behind, but I personally love it and highly recommend it. "Fits" perfectly....! (AND covers the little side window's)

Amazon.com: Sunshade for HONDA FIT 2009 2010 2011 2012 HEATSHIELD Windshield Custom-fit Sunshade: Automotive
I too bought this one. I'm one of the ones that feel it's too cumbersome and a pain in the butt. To roll it up there is absolutely no way you can do it inside the vehicle. You have to slide it out the driver door (without accidently smacking your passenger in the face like I've done a few times haha) step outside and then roll 'er up. It does get the job done so I guess I can't complain too bad! I do like the fact that it covers up the side windows though.

Which would I recommend? I'd really recommend a folding one. Now bear in mind this is not a shot at the quality of product from Heatshield. It has been a quality product thus far. But when you have a windshield as big as a Fit's. A roll-up shade is not the easiest thing to deal with.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:52 PM
I have the roll up shade and it fits and works great. It took some getting used to to roll it up, but I quickly developed the right technique and can now roll it up in a few seconds, and I have NEVER had to get out of the car to do it. Although it is a bit trickier with a passenger.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:20 PM
I too can roll mine up easily in the car. It's just a bit bulky when I toss it in the back seat.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
I bought the fold up (in a circle shape) one made for RVs at Walmart. It comes in two pieces and I just turn them vertically and cover up everything, including the mirror. Seems to work well.

Ran about $14, I think.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:11 AM
Based off everyone's input I just went to wallyworld today and bought the super jumbo cheapos and they seem to fit just fine. A little funky since you just cover up the rear view mirror, but I think for the price it will do fine and it folds up nice and small unlike a lot of the others. I wanted one that was easier and smaller to store.