2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Help! i think i broke my fit!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Help! i think i broke my fit!

Hello!
i have an issue, i am dropped on Sportlines and i went into a driveway that required me going uphill then down hill at a steep angle, when i went down hill i heard an aweful screech and a pull, so i stopped my car, there was a mini median that i went directly over. i had to reverse off the median (my car didnt lift off of the floor) then park to check everything. nothing is leaking and i dont even see scraps. but now when i drive, there is vibrations on my pedals, it gets the worse around 2-1/2 to 3 RPMS. when i am in Drive, my car changes gears quicker, as soon as it begins to feel pressure and vibrate(at around 2-1/2 rpms) it kicks me into my next gear. i FEEL that the median just lifted everything and a bolt or mount is now loose, but i am not sure...
can anyone help me

Thanks, Tiffany (a very worried GE owner )

Old 07-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by hellofit10
I am no mechanic and I have no idea what the problem might be.

I recommend a service appt as soon as possible.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
Take it to a mechanic. While there are plenty of helpful members here, it's much easier for someone to do an actual inspection.

Edit: he beat me to it (that's what I get for being slow).

Old 07-23-2012, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
Ughhh shit can u post pics pLZZ i can help u with this issue but theres sumthing bent for sure i stay in whittier im down to check it out up to u if not take sum pics.... ill try to help im ase in steering and suspension

Old 07-25-2012, 03:25 PM
We figured out what I did.
There is a heat shield that pulls away from the exhaust piping. When I reversed backwards, I pulled the shield around my exhaust piping (directly under my seat ) so when I drove the shield was heating up and rattling around my piping. We bent the shield back a bit, no more rattling. Thank you for the responses!! Very much appreciated! (:

Old 07-25-2012, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
The most common things that scrape are the sway bar and the heat shield. I don't have my heat shield on anymore.

Glad you got it figured out.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
HAHH Coool thats whats up glad u found it

Old 07-26-2012, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
Hello!
i have an issue, i am dropped on Sportlines and i went into a driveway that required me going uphill then down hill at a steep angle, when i went down hill i heard an aweful screech and a pull, so i stopped my car, there was a mini median that i went directly over. i had to reverse off the median (my car didnt lift off of the floor) then park to check everything. nothing is leaking and i dont even see scraps. but now when i drive, there is vibrations on my pedals, it gets the worse around 2-1/2 to 3 RPMS. when i am in Drive, my car changes gears quicker, as soon as it begins to feel pressure and vibrate(at around 2-1/2 rpms) it kicks me into my next gear. i FEEL that the median just lifted everything and a bolt or mount is now loose, but i am not sure...
can anyone help me

We figured out what I did.
There is a heat shield that pulls away from the exhaust piping. When I reversed backwards, I pulled the shield around my exhaust piping (directly under my seat ) so when I drove the shield was heating up and rattling around my piping. We bent the shield back a bit, no more rattling. Thank you for the responses!! Very much appreciated! (:
So bending the heat shield back fixed the change in shifting too?

Old 08-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by kgb4187
So bending the heat shield back fixed the change in shifting too?
it may have been me over analyzing and not being use to driving in "D"
I VTEC in "S" so i may not know the difference

Old 08-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by thefit09
The most common things that scrape are the sway bar and the heat shield. I don't have my heat shield on anymore.

Glad you got it figured out.

I think i need to remove mine now, we just bent it back into place, but ONCE AGAIN i ran over something too tall, and it moved it! so i will need to remove it.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
i seen u the otherday tiffany waved hi guess u did not notice me with ur dark ass windows lol i seen u by KIE

Old 08-02-2012, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
I think i need to remove mine now, we just bent it back into place, but ONCE AGAIN i ran over something too tall, and it moved it! so i will need to remove it.
That ain't gonna be pleasant.

I found out last summer that things place on the cargo floor above the muffler absorb a lot of heat from below. I can't imagine how much more heat is going to pass into the cabin of the Fit if you remove the heat shield.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by Wafulz
i seen u the otherday tiffany waved hi guess u did not notice me with ur dark ass windows lol i seen u by KIE
KIE? sorry for the rudeness, i would have been excited if i had seen you wave hello!

Old 08-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers
That ain't gonna be pleasant.

I found out last summer that things place on the cargo floor above the muffler absorb a lot of heat from below. I can't imagine how much more heat is going to pass into the cabin of the Fit if you remove the heat shield.

thats why i never removed it, i figured "its there for a reason, i think i shouldnt remove it"
any recommendations?