2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

OEM Foglights on a Base Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 01:49 AM
OEM Foglights on a Base Fit?

Has anyone had OEM Foglights installed on their base GE Fit? I'm curious as to how they are installed as I was washing my Fit the other day and noticed that there really didn't seem like a place for a clean Fog light install.

I would like to know before I have them installed.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
if you're talking about the accessory fog light kit... you have to make cuts into the bumper where the housing goes. but the kit will come with "caps" that cover that area of the bumper and hide the cuts.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/fit/2012/foglights.pdf (the url parser isn't working, so I turned off the parser)

Old 07-17-2012, 03:49 AM
Sounds like something I would MUCH rather entrust Honda to do. Lol!

I'm all for cutting a cheap air box for an intake or trying my hand at a Retrofit headlamp but dealing with the taking off the bumper, cutting it, wiring and such. I think I'd rather get it professionally done.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:01 AM
5 Year Member
like I said, the cap will cover that area of the bumper. so, unless you slice a foot long gash... it'll be covered up.

I took off my bumper to swap my headlights and do the DIY lower grille mesh (while I was at it)... within a month of buying my Fit... and it was the first time I did any major mod like that. Actually, the second time I replaced headlights on a car, but the first car didn't need me to take off the bumper.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-present/57146-being-eaten-alive.html (post that thread on July 9th, but I only just picked up the Fit on June 21st).

But don't get me wrong... it's your choice what you want to do.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:44 AM
I did it and it wasn't too bad. You'll need two hole saw bits and a decent tool for removing the bumper, aside from fairly common tools. It is a hack job, but like Goobers stated, it gets covered up: The Honda techs will be doing the same thing.There are guide circles all along the back of the bumper, but unfortunately a few are at awkward angles so getting it dead on is next to impossible. I had to use a mini hack saw in places and unfortunately got a little over zealous with my cutting to get one of the assemblies lined up. This resulted in a one inch black mark that wasn't hidden. I'm okay with this given the much improved lighting and the fact I saved close to five hundred in labour to get it done at a local Canadian dealership. Besides, it gives me an excuse to do a Sport conversion down the road.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
Take a look at the thread in my signature to see what the base foglights look like. You can also look up motomatt's thread for a completely different feel on the foglights.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by m1sf1t
I did it and it wasn't too bad. You'll need two hole saw bits and a decent tool for removing the bumper, aside from fairly common tools. It is a hack job, but like Goobers stated, it gets covered up: The Honda techs will be doing the same thing.There are guide circles all along the back of the bumper, but unfortunately a few are at awkward angles so getting it dead on is next to impossible. I had to use a mini hack saw in places and unfortunately got a little over zealous with my cutting to get one of the assemblies lined up. This resulted in a one inch black mark that wasn't hidden. I'm okay with this given the much improved lighting and the fact I saved close to five hundred in labour to get it done at a local Canadian dealership. Besides, it gives me an excuse to do a Sport conversion down the road.
Where are you at?

Originally Posted by connor55
Take a look at the thread in my signature to see what the base foglights look like. You can also look up motomatt's thread for a completely different feel on the foglights.
Glad you posted Connor as I was going to link to your thread.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
connor is the master of conversion.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:25 PM
these is how it should look

Uploaded with ImageShack.us