2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

WeatherTech Mats: Digital Tech vs. All Weather

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 07:46 PM
WeatherTech Mats: Digital Tech vs. All Weather

Hey everyone,

I just recently purchased my Fit (2012 Silver Base Auto) and am loving it so far! I'm looking at getting car mats (even though I haven't had much of a need yet as it hasn't rained in more than a month) and heard WeatherTech were among the best. Anyhow, I already searched the forums and read several threads on the Digital Fit and All Weather floor mats, but couldn't find any clear answers to my questions. FYI, I am only really interested in the front floor mats.

1) How much of a difference do to the two types make in terms of the mats sliding around

2) If I get the All Weather mats, do I have anchor them down somehow? If so, is that process difficult?

3) Are the Digital Tech worth the extra money and if so, why?

Thanks so much for your help!

Old 07-11-2012, 08:22 PM
This probably doesn't help a whole lot but I'll give your thread a bump anyway

Weathertech mats are supposed to be made near my house--about 60 minutes away which makes them an American Made Product. My family and Friends are very into cars and many of them work in the automotive industry in some capacity. Virtually everyone I know says if I want floormats thats what I should be buying. It is a planned purchase for me--I've seen the digital fit and the really are very fitted to the interior. The driver side mat even has the little clip deals but they are implemented so water can't get down past the clip.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm not sure what gdhi is talking about with the clip on the digital mats. I have the digital fit mats for my 2012 and there is no clip. They are nice and thick impermeable plastic, and collect a tremendous amount of dirt and debris, but the drivers side mat does not fit properly. There is enough give that the mat slides forward towards the pedals, and there is always a 1-2" gap between the back of the mat and the floor area closest to the seat. I also have a significant gap on the side of the mat next to the door. Also, the weathertech label came of of the driver side mat in the first two weeks. The passenger side looks great, but I rarely have any passenger, so it doesn't get any use. For the price paid, this is very disappointing, and I intended to contact weathertech about this, but I just haven't got around to it. Despite this flaw, the mats still do a great job of collecting dirt and debris, and protecting the practical joke that Honda calls carpeting.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Hello there, so I actually bought both for my Fit - all weather mats in the front, digitals for the rear. I prefer the all-weather mats because the deep grooves are good for when the slushy snow comes, so those went in the front. The 2nd row i went with the digital fit because it's a nice single piece affair, and covers the transmission hump (the all weather mats were two separate pieces and wouldn't have covered the hump).

Very pleased with both sets of mats so far, haven't noticed either sets of mats sliding around. Anchors for the driver's side only, basically plastic hooks that 'screw' into the carpeted floor of the car. Trivial to install (push against floor, turn as if you're screwing it in. quarter turn I think they said). Front passenger mats have seen a fair amount of use, I can't say for sure but I really don't think slippage is an issue. Maybe they move, but it's not a heck of a lot if so.

Can't say they're the best use of my money (hey they were expensive!) but I fully expect to never have to think about floor mats for the life of this car so there you have it.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
I actually have digitals up front and all weathers in back...

Eventually I ended up buying digitals for the back as well. IMO they are well worth the money. They fill up the space nicely and are easy to clean. They may slide a bit when you get in the car, but overall are a great addition to any car.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
Fix Weathertech Mat sliding

There is a easy and inexpensive fix for the Weathertech mats sliding around.

Go to Lowes or Home Deport (maybe even Walmart) and look for high adhesive velcro. Cut off some 1"*2" pieces of the hook side, and put 3-4 at the back on the upright portion, and 1-2 on the side upright on the "tunnel".

The hook sticky side will be adhesive mounted to the mat, and the hook sinks into the carpet. You can use both sides of the velcro on the door jam side upright to close any gap for better appearance and to keep any water/grunge out.

Being carefull with breaking the velcro loose from the carpet, you can still remove the mats for cleaning.

I bought a 2012 Fit on Monday, installed the Mats Tuesday, and did the velcro fix today.

Dan

Originally Posted by MeTaLoFeArTh
I'm not sure what gdhi is talking about with the clip on the digital mats. I have the digital fit mats for my 2012 and there is no clip. They are nice and thick impermeable plastic, and collect a tremendous amount of dirt and debris, but the drivers side mat does not fit properly. There is enough give that the mat slides forward towards the pedals, and there is always a 1-2" gap between the back of the mat and the floor area closest to the seat. I also have a significant gap on the side of the mat next to the door. Also, the weathertech label came of of the driver side mat in the first two weeks. The passenger side looks great, but I rarely have any passenger, so it doesn't get any use. For the price paid, this is very disappointing, and I intended to contact weathertech about this, but I just haven't got around to it. Despite this flaw, the mats still do a great job of collecting dirt and debris, and protecting the practical joke that Honda calls carpeting.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Thanks everyone for your helpful input! I think I am leaning towards the All-Weather mats. Since it sounds like you have to anchor these mats, can you still take them out to clean them?

Old 07-14-2012, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
You only need to anchor the driver mat on the Honda All Weather mats. No need to anchor the WeatherTech since it is sculpted with an indent where the floor clips are. If buying the Honda- you will need to buy the anchors separately, unless you car already has them installed.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:30 PM
So there are no anchors for the Weathertech All Weather mats? I knew there were none for the Weathertech Digital Fit mats, but I wasn't sure if the Weathertech All Weather mats required anchors.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:30 PM
has anyone tried to use the anchors with the weather tech digitals? I'm thinking about using a couple of washers to lock this thing down. It shifts a little too much for my liking but they are still better than the all weather

Old 07-14-2012, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dkrrunner
So there are no anchors for the Weathertech All Weather mats? I knew there were none for the Weathertech Digital Fit mats, but I wasn't sure if the Weathertech All Weather mats required anchors.
Sorry I was referring to the Weather Tech Digital Fit--those are the ones I have in the front now. I used to have the Honda All Weathers

Old 07-18-2012, 06:50 AM
So does anyone know if the Weathertech All Weather are easy to take out and clean after anchoring them? If so, I'm leaning toward getting them.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by dkrrunner
So does anyone know if the Weathertech All Weather are easy to take out and clean after anchoring them? If so, I'm leaning toward getting them.
Yes, you shouldn't have any problems removing the mats. The anchors are just two hooks in the floor of the car (to keep from sliding), so its just a matter of lifting the mats up and away!

Old 07-22-2012, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
The industrial strength velcro "stickum" didn't last on the slick weather tech mat back and came loose.

Today I roughed up the spots on the mats I want to adhere the velcro to, then used high strength black silicone to "glue" the velcro to the back of the mat. I overlapped a small amount around the edges of the velcro as well.

I only did the drivers side for now as a test to see if the velcro will stay attached with this method. If it fails, I may try some 2 part epoxy on the passenger side.

Originally Posted by AC7880
There is a easy and inexpensive fix for the Weathertech mats sliding around.

Go to Lowes or Home Deport (maybe even Walmart) and look for high adhesive velcro. Cut off some 1"*2" pieces of the hook side, and put 3-4 at the back on the upright portion, and 1-2 on the side upright on the "tunnel".

The hook sticky side will be adhesive mounted to the mat, and the hook sinks into the carpet. You can use both sides of the velcro on the door jam side upright to close any gap for better appearance and to keep any water/grunge out.

Being carefull with breaking the velcro loose from the carpet, you can still remove the mats for cleaning.

I bought a 2012 Fit on Monday, installed the Mats Tuesday, and did the velcro fix today.

Dan

Old 08-16-2012, 05:38 AM
Hi dear i want to say that ,so I actually purchased both for my Fit - all climate pads in the top side, digitals for the back. I choose the all-weather pads because the strong lines are excellent for when the slushy snowfall comes, so those went in the top side. The 2nd row i went with the electronic fit because it's a awesome individual item romance, and protects the indication problem (the all climate pads were two individual items and wouldn't have protected the hump)

Old 08-16-2012, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by crish
Hi dear i want to say that ,so I actually purchased both for my Fit - all climate pads in the top side, digitals for the back. I choose the all-weather pads because the strong lines are excellent for when the slushy snowfall comes, so those went in the top side. The 2nd row i went with the electronic fit because it's a awesome individual item romance, and protects the indication problem (the all climate pads were two individual items and wouldn't have protected the hump)
Thanks for that. Now I know what to order.