2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Honda continues to lose its way

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
That's funny.. The Solstice looked like a 1950s British sports car.
Sort of...But the styling was radically different and the innards completely modern. Handled like it was on rails...up to a point, then the rear end would break loose with NO warning, and things would get exciting, real fast! Now, 4 years later, I still have one of them, and people still come up to get pictures, as if they had never seen one. They made over 100,000 of them.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by krunk13
Who needs 3 solstices?
Me. One for me, one for the old lady and one for the track.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Vanct
The only thing that has "lost it's way" is this thread. It's become a shadow of it's former self, I'm no longer amused by the exchange of pleasantries.

I'm just hatin' because I wish I was a super educated Navy Seal sniper with 3 "freshly styled" Solstices.
Never said I was a Seal...I was Army, grasshopper.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Oh sorry...that makes everything much more modest and believable, daddy long legs.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
They suck in icy weather.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wetphoto
Only 700? I have done it at 800. Uncle Sam taught me well...but that has nothing to do with the thread. You may notice, it is the looney tune left who have gone hysterical over the truth of Honda becoming granny boats and losing its way. You would think one was attacking their God.
Why does this remind me of Fox news? It's like you take one issue then say it's related to another by using the words "truth" and "God." Political ideology has nothing to do with Honda...Jesus! Much like how you have nothing to contribute to this forum that was getting along fine before you. I NEED A MOD!!!!

Last edited by lowkeymods; 06-14-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Steve244
They suck in icy weather.

No way I would drive one in snow or ice. But then, it never rains in Phoenix, let alone ice.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by lowkeymods
Why does this remind me of Fox news? It's like you take one issue then say it's related to another by using the words "truth" and "God." Political ideology has nothing to do with Honda...Jesus! Much like how you have nothing to contribute to this forum that was getting along fine before you. I NEED A MOD!!!!

You need some serious help, little one.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
I'm a 6'5" kickboxer but thanks.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by lowkeymods
I'm a 6'5" kickboxer but thanks.
You still need help.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
I didn't say it wasn't a good looking car. It is. Just needs to get a styling update. In '08 I almost bought one, but couldn't tell the difference between an '08 and and '01. I am sure a fan could, but I couldn't. I bought a Solstice instead. Now that was fresh styling, and handled like a go cart. I bought 3 of them.
lolwat? NB and NC look nothing alike. Good job buying a car that is world's worse than the Miata though!

Also, how is Chrysler doing well? 300 is trash. Avenger is trash. Challenger/Charger are trash. Ram is meh. Durango is meh. Only thing that interests anyone with any idea of what's out there is the Dart and that will likely be ruined by cost cutting.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
lolwat? NB and NC look nothing alike. Good job buying a car that is world's worse than the Miata though!

Also, how is Chrysler doing well? 300 is trash. Avenger is trash. Challenger/Charger are trash. Ram is meh. Durango is meh. Only thing that interests anyone with any idea of what's out there is the Dart and that will likely be ruined by cost cutting.

Hmmm.... for nobody liking them, sales are sure going up. Guess nobody but you knows anything. Perhaps your greatness can enlighten the world about the "appropriate" vehicles to buy. All hail the great one.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Sad thing is at least they offer SRT versions of all those cars for enthusiasts, more than can be said for Honda, Toyota. Mugen parts are cute, but wholly unimpressive. Same for TRD. They used to have really cool, performance oriented stuff long ago (80's 90's).

Chrysler really turned itself around after the bankruptcy and has done a great job IMO. They're making money and selling cars, and at the same time offering performance versions that probably don't make them much money, at least they have the heart and enthusiasm to do it even so soon after they nearly failed.

I love Hondas, but i'm totally dissapointed in their lack of passion as of late. Axing the S2K was the end for me. It's pretty sad when the Honda Fit is the last car on their roster that has an ounce of soul to it. I suppose the CRZ and Si have something there, maybe if they'd get over their identity crisis they'd truly have something.

My coworker has an NSX, I sit here and look at it and can't help but shake my head. WTF happened

Old 06-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
My coworker has an NSX, I sit here and look at it and can't help but shake my head. WTF happened
The new NSX should help us out. The NSX is like the BMW 7 series (flagship model). Honda is trying out some new things and hopefully we get some trickle down tech....Thats where vtec and aluminum bodies came from....at least for the US market

Last edited by krunk13; 06-14-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by krunk13
The new NSX should help us out. The NSX is like the BMW 7 series (flagship model). Honda is trying out some new things and hopefully we get some trickle down tech....Thats where vtec and aluminum bodies came from
Lets just hope it doesn't weigh as much as a 7 series

I am looking forward to it's release, maybe it will kick-start their passion again. One can hope.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Lets just hope it doesn't weigh as much as a 7 series

I am looking forward to it's release, maybe it will kick-start their passion again. One can hope.
What we really need is a direct injected turbocharged car for 25-30k like everyone else seems to have.... The SI cannot compete with the MS3

Old 06-14-2012, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
Hmmm.... for nobody liking them, sales are sure going up. Guess nobody but you knows anything. Perhaps your greatness can enlighten the world about the "appropriate" vehicles to buy. All hail the great one.
How contradictory this is in a way. Why you may ask, well this whole post was about Honda losing its way. Have you looked at Honda's sales numbers, since the quake/tsunami and floods their sales have been on the rise. So in a business sense nobody can rightfully say they are losing their way. They are a business, last I remember businesses are created usually out of passion and to make cash.

Again, I'm not ecstatic with the complete lineup offered, but I'm also never buying the whole lineup. When the bean counters take over, the passion is sucked out. Honda itself hasn't lost its way, there are many individuals within the company that are not pleased as well.

I will say Honda has lost its way when they no longer participate in any racing series be it on 2, 4 or no wheels.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
When the bean counters take over, the passion is sucked out. Honda itself hasn't lost its way, there are many individuals within the company that are not pleased as well.

I will say Honda has lost its way when they no longer participate in any racing series be it on 2, 4 or no wheels.
And this my friend, is what truly makes me sad about the whole situation.

At least I can give a nod to them since they're pushing B Spec and HFP so hard. This gives me hope that they have things in store for us in the future.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
How contradictory this is in a way. Why you may ask, well this whole post was about Honda losing its way. Have you looked at Honda's sales numbers, since the quake/tsunami and floods their sales have been on the rise. So in a business sense nobody can rightfully say they are losing their way. They are a business, last I remember businesses are created usually out of passion and to make cash.

Again, I'm not ecstatic with the complete lineup offered, but I'm also never buying the whole lineup. When the bean counters take over, the passion is sucked out. Honda itself hasn't lost its way, there are many individuals within the company that are not pleased as well.

Where are the performance products for "normal" people? Si...no Fit is as close as it comes, and face it, handling aside, the Fit is not performance. NSX? Like a Lambo...great, but for who? They could have had a great one with the CR-Z...but blew it. Other than a few people maybe inside, nobody there seems to have an interest in anything but bean counting. Unfortunately, those car guys inside are not making the decisions. Again: granny boats.

Last edited by wetphoto; 06-14-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
Where are the performance products for "normal" people? Si...no Fit is as close as it comes, and face it, handling aside, the Fit is not performance. NSX? Like a Lambo...great, but for who? They could have had a great one with the CR-Z...but blew it. Other than a few people maybe inside, nobody there seems to have an interest in anything but bean counting. Unfortunately, those car guys inside are not making the decisions. Again: granny boats.
Did you just say the Fit is more of a performance car than an Si?

Quick Reply: Honda continues to lose its way