2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Honda continues to lose its way

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by malraux
I'd argue that Toyota has found a new way with its fleet of hybrids. Its a different way than the old "basic reliable transportation" of old, but it's a clear goal and model.
Eh, they are truly awful to drive though.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:59 AM
I'd argue that Toyota has found a new way with its fleet of hybrids. Its a different way than the old "basic reliable transportation" of old, but it's a clear goal and model.
Not my cup of tea, but again it shows how Honda just doesn't get it. Look at the Insight. (the new one) Smaller, lower MPG than the Prius, and nowhere near as popular as a result. The CR-Z...just doen't get it, either.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Please show me an example of a car maker who hasn't lost their way?

GM never made a decent mass-market car.
Ford has been improving, but I don't see it lasting.
Toyota has been making their cars suck more and more since the late 80's.
Dodge/Chrysler, K-Car, enough said.
Hyundai/Kia are on the rise, but their peak is near and the descent will be glorious.
you are way out of touch. Ford is doing quite well, and Chrysler, under Fiat instead of Mercedes is doing even better. Hate to tell you this, but the K cars have been gone since the Dinos roamed New York. You really should get out more.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Saying something like this in earnest rather than joking hyperbole shows who's actually out of touch with reality.
It is in earnest. Look at they hysterical response to a simple truth.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wetphoto
Only 700? I have done it at 800. Uncle Sam taught me well...but that has nothing to do with the thread.
Haha. Bullshit. But you're right that it has nothing to do with this thread.

Not my cup of tea, but again it shows how Honda just doesn't get it. Look at the Insight. (the new one) Smaller, lower MPG than the Prius, and nowhere near as popular as a result. The CR-Z...just doen't get it, either.
Of course the Insight doesn't get the milage that the Prius does. It's not a true hybrid.. Not to mention the Prius is $5k more.

What don't you get about the CRZ? It's a two seater IMA Honda. It's fun (to me) and gets the job done.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Eh, they are truly awful to drive though.
Agreed, but its a clear direction that aligns with a large market segment.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Jamy
Haha. Bullshit. But you're right that it has nothing to do with this thread.

Of course the Insight doesn't get the milage that the Prius does. It's not a true hybrid.. Not to mention the Prius is $5k more.

What don't you get about the CRZ? It's a two seater IMA Honda. It's fun (to me) and gets the job done.
What don't I get about the CR-Z? it is a great looking car, that in performance, it a complet let down. Fun to drive? OK, but but with the hybrid crap, overpriced. if they had any brains, they would put a 150 hp = or - engine in it. Give people a choice of either in a great lokking car.

As far as the 800 meters...Done it...for real..but I would not expect those like you to understand or believe it. You are not that important. It was a lucky shot, but still got him.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
What don't I get about the CR-Z? it is a great looking car, that in performance, it a complet let down. Fun to drive? OK, but but with the hybrid crap, overpriced. if they had any brains, they would put a 150 hp = or - engine in it. Give people a choice of either in a great lokking car.

As far as the 800 meters...Done it...for real..but I would not expect those like you to understand or believe it. You are not that important. It was a lucky shot, but still got him.
The car doesn't really need more than the 130 hp it has. The torque is enough to have fun with. In the US you don't need anymore than that unless you're tracking the car which really only a handful of people on this forum and the CRZ forum actually do. I do agree honda should make a choice of the R18, L15, or the K24 for it, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. The CRZ is also like the Insight, it's not a true hybrid. It's an IMA system.

I understand it. Shooting is one of the things I enjoy doing on a weekly basis.. As long as you admit it was luck then I have no problems with it.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
800 meters isn't a problem at all with a decent scope.. We only had to qualify at a maximum distance of 500 meters with the M-14 at Camp Pendleton.. When we got to Vietnam they issued M-16s that we never go a chance to sight in and wouldn't eject and load the following round if there were more than 17 rounds in the magazine... It was all about spray and pray unless you'd been sent to the in country sniper school... Even then there were snipers that never saw a target to fire on during a 13 month tour... Read about the Marines in France at Belleau Woods and the shots they were making with 03 Springfields. with iron sights.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
I love Hondas. But quite honestly I agree with how bland they have become in the past years. I feel like Honda, Toyota, and Nissan have been making boring cars in the past years unless you want to talk hybrids (my lady just got a 2012 Prius and the technology and build of that car alone is amazing).

But if anything HAS surprised me it's the Korean and American car companies. Kia, Hyundai, Ford, heck even Buick are starting to make nice looking cars. Aesthetics used to not exist outside of Japanese cars. Now it seems like they'e hired some Japanese to design their vehicles.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
800 meters isn't a problem at all with a decent scope.. We only had to qualify at a maximum distance of 500 meters with the M-14 at Camp Pendleton.. When we got to Vietnam they issued M-16s that we never go a chance to sight in and wouldn't eject and load the following round if there were more than 17 rounds in the magazine... It was all about spray and pray unless you'd been sent to the in country sniper school... Even then there were snipers that never saw a target to fire on during a 13 month tour... Read about the Marines in France at Belleau Woods and the shots they were making with 03 Springfields. with iron sights.
Yeah, those WWII and WWI guys were phenomenal. l I couldn't even see that far with iron sights!

Last edited by wetphoto; 06-14-2012 at 01:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by Jamy
The car doesn't really need more than the 130 hp it has. The torque is enough to have fun with. In the US you don't need anymore than that unless you're tracking the car which really only a handful of people on this forum and the CRZ forum actually do. I do agree honda should make a choice of the R18, L15, or the K24 for it, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. The CRZ is also like the Insight, it's not a true hybrid. It's an IMA system.

I understand it. Shooting is one of the things I enjoy doing on a weekly basis.. As long as you admit it was luck then I have no problems with it.
Needing more than 130 is a matter of opinion. For just a little more than a CR-Z, I can get a 300 plus hp Mustang convertible with a 6 speed. WAY more fun. Put an Si engine in the CR...I would buy it.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I love Hondas. But quite honestly I agree with how bland they have become in the past years. I feel like Honda, Toyota, and Nissan have been making boring cars in the past years unless you want to talk hybrids (my lady just got a 2012 Prius and the technology and build of that car alone is amazing).

But if anything HAS surprised me it's the Korean and American car companies. Kia, Hyundai, Ford, heck even Buick are starting to make nice looking cars. Aesthetics used to not exist outside of Japanese cars. Now it seems like they'e hired some Japanese to design their vehicles.
Yep, they have all left Honda Toyo and Nissan in the dust. Only Nissan has a good one, the Z, but that styling is a little long in the tooth.

Oh, for a Celica, Supra, Prelude or S-2000 or CR-X. Subaru does a descent job with the power, but the styling is a lttle wierd. Mazda does a good job. Need to update the Miata, though.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Mazda does a good job. Need to update the Miata, though.
It was upadated in 2010

Old 06-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by krunk13
It was upadated in 2010
Needs another. Looks too much like the original form what...3 ice ages ago?

Old 06-14-2012, 01:29 PM
Needs another. Looks too much like the original form what...3 ice ages ago?
If you have a kid you want it to look like you right?

Old 06-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by krunk13
If you have a kid you want it to look like you right?
I didn't say it wasn't a good looking car. It is. Just needs to get a styling update. In '08 I almost bought one, but couldn't tell the difference between an '08 and and '01. I am sure a fan could, but I couldn't. I bought a Solstice instead. Now that was fresh styling, and handled like a go cart. I bought 3 of them.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
I didn't say it wasn't a good looking car. It is. Just needs to get a styling update. In '08 I almost bought one, but couldn't tell the difference between an '08 and and '01. I am sure a fan could, but I couldn't. I bought a Solstice instead. Now that was fresh styling, and handled like a go cart. I bought 3 of them.
That's funny.. The Solstice looked like a 1950s British sports car.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
The only thing that has "lost it's way" is this thread. It's become a shadow of it's former self, I'm no longer amused by the exchange of pleasantries.

Name:  ban_him.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  9.5 KB

I'm just hatin' because I wish I was a super educated Navy Seal sniper with 3 "freshly styled" Solstices.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Who needs 3 solstices?

Quick Reply: Honda continues to lose its way