2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Honda continues to lose its way

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
Must be nice to get what you want, when you want it. I've never been so fortunate. What bmw is in the price range of the fit btw?
I never said I only buy in the Fit price range. The discussion was about the willingness to wait, not price range. Not in stock, no sale. buy it elsewhere. And yes, I do get what I want. I work for it, and earn what I want, therefore, I get it.

Last edited by wetphoto; 06-13-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Webphoto, looking dumb on the internet since 2012.
You and your kind are so predictable. That is why it is so easy to send you into a screaming blizzard.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by hayden
For $15,325 I can get a car that will give anything heck on the tight stuff? Holy shit! Sounds like a deal.
If you get the Sport. I had the Base, and the Sport handles a LOT better. Problem is, it can't accelerate its way out of a paper bag. Put a good engine in it and you got something really nice.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
show us on the doll where the "libs" touched you
LOL

I thought this thread would of ended by now, but it come to show how some people can be immature and hardheaded. Come on name calling how old are you really? I understand your unhappy with Honda performance. So lets try and /Thread on a Happy note

Name:  1303379260484.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  6.4 KB

Last edited by swflej1; 06-13-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Jamy
Are you one of those people that uses substitute words because you think "bad words" are offensive? Because "doofus", "butt-wipe", "putz", and "snob" are fucking hilarious.

Krunk... perfect pic lol.
Some of us, unlike you, have a certain amount of civility. If you must use profanity in a public forum, your education is lacking. Ask for a refund and get a better one elsewhere.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by vickenp
Isn't the camero made in Canada....

Anyways...back on topic....I hope the fit formula sticks when its redo time!

I really hope honda gets the new accord right! And I hope the civic redo - really doesn't get the cheap interior - and please bring the 5 door over!

Bring an integra/lude type model back, along side a civic si, keep them hatchback and bring the crz with a gasoline engine.

For the every day models CVT tranmissions should be fine- still give us manual options for the more sporty models

keep the crv and van as is, crosstour I don't really see the need for it - new accord wagon - why not.

put the 2.3L turbo engine from that last year crv - acura version into something else

keep the reliability up and for models with computer screens - update them to present day screens like competition - just my2 cents
Well said. And yes, the Camaro is made in Canada. Lowest HP is 323, and highest is 585 (from the factory). Put a descent engine in the CR-Z and they would have something.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Gojulas
Wait wait wait!

WTF? They were taking old Honda's in trade at above Blue Book? Do they do that often?

What if the old Honda is a 1997 Civic DX coupe, visible rust on several panels, a dented front fender, and peeling paint in spots? It only has 65,000 miles on it, plus new tires, but the A/C is busted and I think the auto transmission is starting to go.
I bet you they would if you bought a Crosstour.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
Family Guy Roadhouse - YouTube

You remind of this Family Guy episode

Old 06-13-2012, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
The Crosstour was developed to test the Honda salespeople skills. If they can sell THAT, they can sell anything, and then they know where the talent is within the organization! Right?

Old 06-13-2012, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by fujisawa
The Crosstour was developed to test the Honda salespeople skills. If they can sell THAT, they can sell anything, and then they know where the talent is within the organization! Right?
Who knows. As diabolical as some marketing departments are, there might be some truth in what you said. That is one butt ugly looking car. Sort of like an inverted pregnant whale.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wetphoto
If you get the Sport. I had the Base, and the Sport handles a LOT better. Problem is, it can't accelerate its way out of a paper bag. Put a good engine in it and you got something really nice.
The sport has a rear sway bar and that's it... it doesn't handle "a LOT better"..

Some of us, unlike you, have a certain amount of civility. If you must use profanity in a public forum, your education is lacking. Ask for a refund and get a better one elsewhere.
My education is lacking? So what exactly is your education level and where did you receive said education? Because I'm truly dying to know.

Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
Family Guy Roadhouse - YouTube

You remind of this Family Guy episode
Yeah that pretty much explains the whole thread lol.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Jamy
The sport has a rear sway bar and that's it... it doesn't handle "a LOT better"..

My education is lacking? So what exactly is your education level and where did you receive said education? Because I'm truly dying to know.

Yeah that pretty much explains the whole thread lol.
IMO, it does handle A LOT BETTER. A small addition to a suspension, not to mention larger and wider tires can make a big difference in handling.

My degrees? Bachelor Business Admin, Bachelor Science, Master Education, MBA.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member

Old 06-14-2012, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by malraux
Ignoring the politics, which I don't want to discuss on a car forum, I think its clear that Honda isn't quite the company it used to be. The Fit stands out alone of all the current Hondas as being fun. Of their current lineup, its the only one I'd consider buying again. A large number of publications have said the same thing; Honda has lost much of its charm. It actually reminds me of the path of Oldsmobile. It aged along with its owners, moving from a racing heritage to more sedate cars to a bunch of slow, un-fun, uninspiring cars for old people. Honda clearly hasn't finished that trajectory, but it is on its way.
The Oldsmobile observation is spot-on. I owned an '09 Fit before it got totaled two years ago. There is nothing in the current lineup that interests me. The current GE is too close to its natural demise to consider in my opinion. I would again have to tint the car to make the A/C marginally effective, I'd have to buy a new center console, and again deal with the 25 mpg average based on my driving style. Hopefully, the 2014 has some allure and the EPA figures evolve to current standards. Perhaps then, I could come back to Honda.

BTW, where are the moderators in this thread. The political and ideological supremacy BS should have been reason enough to close this thread pages ago. Seems to me, this forum in many ways is following the same fatal tradgectory as Honda in the US, a slow yet imminent demise.

Maybe it's only fitting.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
IMO, it does handle A LOT BETTER. A small addition to a suspension, not to mention larger and wider tires can make a big difference in handling.

My degrees? Bachelor Business Admin, Bachelor Science, Master Education, MBA.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
For every city dweller with a black rifle that drives a pickup, watches Fox News and listens to Limbaugh there is a free thinking Liberal that drives a tractor and is deadly at 700 meters with an M-1 Garand or an 03 Springfield... Some of them like driving souped up little econo boxes, have an eclectic taste for music and books that are based on truth instead of mindless political bravado, lies and racism.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
For every city dweller with a black rifle that drives a pickup, watches Fox News and listens to Limbaugh there is a free thinking Liberal that drives a tractor and is deadly at 700 meters with an M-1 Garand or an 03 Springfield... Some of them like driving souped up little econo boxes, have an eclectic taste for music and books that are based on truth instead of mindless political bravado, lies and racism.
Only 700? I have done it at 800. Uncle Sam taught me well...but that has nothing to do with the thread. You may notice, it is the looney tune left who have gone hysterical over the truth of Honda becoming granny boats and losing its way. You would think one was attacking their God.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
Please show me an example of a car maker who hasn't lost their way?

GM never made a decent mass-market car.
Ford has been improving, but I don't see it lasting.
Toyota has been making their cars suck more and more since the late 80's.
Dodge/Chrysler, K-Car, enough said.
Hyundai/Kia are on the rise, but their peak is near and the descent will be glorious.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Please show me an example of a car maker who hasn't lost their way?

GM never made a decent mass-market car.
Ford has been improving, but I don't see it lasting.
Toyota has been making their cars suck more and more since the late 80's.
Dodge/Chrysler, K-Car, enough said.
Hyundai/Kia are on the rise, but their peak is near and the descent will be glorious.
I'd argue that Toyota has found a new way with its fleet of hybrids. Its a different way than the old "basic reliable transportation" of old, but it's a clear goal and model.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:58 AM
You may notice, it is the looney tune left who have gone hysterical over the truth of Honda becoming granny boats and losing its way. You would think one was attacking their God.
Saying something like this in earnest rather than joking hyperbole shows who's actually out of touch with reality.

Quick Reply: Honda continues to lose its way