2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Honda continues to lose its way

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
How did this turn into a gun discussion? I bet wetphoto doesn't even have a gun. And if he does it's probably a .17 hmr that he can't hit the broad side of a barn with.

Originally Posted by FIT4thetouge
Yea I see...I guess you could say I have used that right then, I hate dealing with that stuff. I just tell them "this is the way it works" and they end up driving off on their own looking for a spot a few blocks down. Anyone who demanded front parking is paying a premium.
Some people are just assholes. You meet a lot of em in that business.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:49 PM
edit. nevermind i guess i hit the nail on the head about whats lodged in this guys ass

to the main point of this thread. Honda i really think that honda has not lost its way, look at the Civic RR, the continuing relation with Mugen and its still offering that whole refresh service to NSX owners, but this is all in Japan.

they probably learned they can maximize profits by catering to the typical Americans needs of lazy laid back driving (i do this sometimes) with an automatic trans, mushy suspension and a boat load of leg room. at least its offering the whole Mugen package to the fit sport

Last edited by wu_tang; 06-13-2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: edit
Old 06-13-2012, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Isn't the camero made in Canada....

Anyways...back on topic....I hope the fit formula sticks when its redo time!

I really hope honda gets the new accord right! And I hope the civic redo - really doesn't get the cheap interior - and please bring the 5 door over!

Bring an integra/lude type model back, along side a civic si, keep them hatchback and bring the crz with a gasoline engine.

For the every day models CVT tranmissions should be fine- still give us manual options for the more sporty models

keep the crv and van as is, crosstour I don't really see the need for it - new accord wagon - why not.

put the 2.3L turbo engine from that last year crv - acura version into something else

keep the reliability up and for models with computer screens - update them to present day screens like competition - just my2 cents

Old 06-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by wu_tang
outnumber who? out gun who? im an American, so im guessing you are not with a statement like this.

You are fucking retarded.
Spoken like a true, vocabulary limited lib. Notice, I did not say American.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
honda has made me really sad lately. I keep praying that they'll unfuck the civic and cr-z. and introduce a faster fit.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member

Old 06-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by wetphoto
Spoken like a true, vocabulary limited lib. Notice, I did not say American.
keep setting up these labels and divisions that work in your narrow minded view of the world and people in it.

i am not a liberal, but if its going to make you happy to keep thinking it then go ahead, maybe it can take your mind off the fact that you are wasting your time arguing politics and grammer to a group of people who dont give a fuck

Old 06-13-2012, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
show us on the doll where the "libs" touched you

Old 06-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Good Lord what happened to this thread lol

I could not help but laugh at some of the insults but seriously I'm sure all of you are good folks.

I'd buy all of ya a beer no matter what you think about Honda,Chevy,Ford etc.

as for my Mustang, I ran a Kenne Bell 2.8 liquid cooled blower at 9# and made around 580 to the wheels.

I had full suspension Koni/Eibach and it handled really good but the Fit could give it heck in the tight stuff

Old 06-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by zilla8
Good Lord what happened to this thread lol

I could not help but laugh at some of the insults but seriously I'm sure all of you are good folks.

I'd buy all of ya a beer no matter what you think about Honda,Chevy,Ford etc.

as for my Mustang, I ran a Kenne Bell 2.8 liquid cooled blower at 9# and made around 580 to the wheels.

I had full suspension Koni/Eibach and it handled really good but the Fit could give it heck in the tight stuff
The Fit would give anything heck on the tight stuff. Now if only it had an engine!

Old 06-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by wu_tang
keep setting up these labels and divisions that work in your narrow minded view of the world and people in it.

i am not a liberal, but if its going to make you happy to keep thinking it then go ahead, maybe it can take your mind off the fact that you are wasting your time arguing politics and grammer to a group of people who dont give a fuck
But it's so easy to screw with them! And so much fun.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nikita

Since the Fit sold in the US is made in Japan, you can factory order, we cannot. Maybe when production is started in Mexico, factory orders will be possible, as it is with the Mexican made Ford Fiesta.

US dealers also want instant gratification. They want to make the sale today, not take orders for future delivery. It wasnt always like that. Dealerships used to be much smaller and domestically produced cars were factory ordered. I factory ordered a Chevy in 1993. In Japan, there is no choice because land area near population centers is too scarce.

American Honda is also at fault. They severely limit choice to make the US factories run more efficiently. While the Fit is made in a rainbow of colors, each Civic or Accord model seems to only have three or so. Individual options are non-existent, so folks are forced to pay for leather seats to get navigation, for example. Since the "take rate" of manual transmissions is only about 10% and California and the US government requires full emissions and fuel mileage certification for each engine/transmission configuration, I expect the M/T to disappear from the US market altogether. CVT's for all, whoopee!
Hmm I doubt it's different in the US but here in Canada I ordered my Black MT Fit and it arrived 3 weeks later. I would image it's the same for all of North America?

Old 06-13-2012, 07:01 PM
It's clear from reading this thread that Honda is building cars for people who like to call each other names on the internet. I don't know why they've chosen that segment of the car market but it's apparently something we have to live with.

And to be clear, Honda doesn't owe you anything. Their job is to build the mix of cars that will maximize profits.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
Webphoto, looking dumb on the internet since 2012.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
Not going to wait 6-12 weeks for anything. If they don't have what I want, I get what I want somewhere else. Like Mazda, Chevy, Ford or BMW. When they make it hard to get what you want because they want to sell granny boats...lost business.
Must be nice to get what you want, when you want it. I've never been so fortunate. What bmw is in the price range of the fit btw?

Old 06-13-2012, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
The Fit would give anything heck on the tight stuff.
For $15,325 I can get a car that will give anything heck on the tight stuff? Holy shit! Sounds like a deal.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by hayden
For $15,325 I can get a car that will give anything heck on the tight stuff? Holy shit! Sounds like a deal.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
Hey, doofus..this is a car forum. If you want to go political, log in to the New York Daily News. And by the way, doofus, I did not call it Commiefornia..you did. Must be some truth to it if you call it that.
Blow it out your ear, butt-wipe.
Spiken like true a true liberal putz
Ahh.. The arrogant, self-righteous effete snob raises it head again.
Are you one of those people that uses substitute words because you think "bad words" are offensive? Because "doofus", "butt-wipe", "putz", and "snob" are fucking hilarious.

Krunk... perfect pic lol.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Wait wait wait!

WTF? They were taking old Honda's in trade at above Blue Book? Do they do that often?

What if the old Honda is a 1997 Civic DX coupe, visible rust on several panels, a dented front fender, and peeling paint in spots? It only has 65,000 miles on it, plus new tires, but the A/C is busted and I think the auto transmission is starting to go.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by bmxman
Hmm I doubt it's different in the US but here in Canada I ordered my Black MT Fit and it arrived 3 weeks later. I would image it's the same for all of North America?
No. If you want something special, you place an "order", and wait and wait until the dealer finds one IN THE COUNTRY for you. You must have ordered something that they had somewhere in the stockpile. Or so 3 dealers have told me in the past 5 years.

Quick Reply: Honda continues to lose its way