2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Honda continues to lose its way

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by FIT4thetouge
What's the point of coming on to this forum, which is dedicated to the only current Honda that is aken to the "Golden Era" cars of the 90's and early 00's, and then bash the company for every other model OTHER than the FIT? First of all, I'd say the enthusiast market for car companies like this is maayybbbeee 1 percent. Sometimes you have a great leader who's vision and spirit trickle down to through to entry level-models (Soichiro Honda and the cars in the 90's, Akio Toyoda coming into power and bringing the FT-86), but these car-makers make their money off of the normal everyday automatic-driving cruise-controlled commuters in their giant slush boxes. Honda is, after all, a car company. Honda has admitted to financial problems, short-comings like the last gen Civic, and KNOW they need to be better. As far as enthusiast cars are concerned...NSX is coming in a few years, and once the market is tested with the FR-S/BRZ I believe Honda can come right back at it with what they do best; simple, lightweight, fun to drive sports cars. And until then, we atleast have the FIT, which is an incarnation of pretty much any Civic hatchback of the 90's. You obviously don't have a true love for these cars...so you probably should get that Camaro.

EDIT didnt see that last post lol...pretty close to what I posted..
I have a Camaro...and Honda has still lost its way, becoming a company for granny drivers and green weenies.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wetphoto
Blow it out your ear, butt-wipe.
Damn. That's the most creative attempt at an insult I've ever heard. Please don't make me cry.

On a side note. I found wetphoto's facebook profile pic.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
^^^After that "blow it out your ear, buttwipe" comment, this is all I can imagine him looking like. You're alittle late to the Honda-hating party, maybe you can go on a Chevy forum and get with the rest of the "average Americans"..

Old 06-13-2012, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
To all the people that can think coherently, I <3 you.

To OP, you're an obese. Go buy yourself a birthday cake and some Monster with your EBT Card, I know how you people think.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:29 PM
You Honda worshipers are awfully touchy about comments about a company you do not own. I must have hit a raw, truthful nerve.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
You Honda worshipers are awfully touchy about comments about a company you do not own. I must have hit a raw, truthful nerve.
LMFAO says the camaro owner who loves america.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
Actually maybe we are just making sense, and you're making yourself out so be so ignorant that we can't help but go so hard on you. But what do I know. Are there mods on this forum?

Old 06-13-2012, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
LMFAO says the camaro owner who loves america.
Loves America and GOVERNMENT Motors, or I mean General...funny how he was bashing Honda eh?

Old 06-13-2012, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member

Old 06-13-2012, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Actually maybe we are just making sense, and you're making yourself out so be so ignorant that we can't help but go so hard on you. But what do I know. Are there mods on this forum?
What's a mod? Haven't seen them 'round these parts.

Loves America and GOVERNMENT Motors, or I mean General...funny how he was bashing Honda eh?
He's got an obligation as an american to keep the cash flow in the US economy.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
Wait, did I miss what year Camaro he has?

Either way, guy's an idiot who should've bought the superior in every way, Ford Mustang.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
If believing that^^ is whats going to let you sleep tonight, not knowing you are the stereotypical american the world hates us for, so be it.

They don't hate us "for our freedoms" they hate us for our willfully ignorant, provincial jingoists.

Cognitive dissonance is an incredible mental defense mechanism. You are a textbook case

It'd be sad if it wasn't so funny.

I can't imagine what its like to be as narcissistic and delusional as you.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
If believing that^^ is whats going to let you sleep tonight, not knowing you are the stereotypical american the world hates us for, so be it.

They don't hate us "for our freedoms" they hate us for our willfully ignorant, provincial jingoists.

Cognitive dissonance is an incredible mental defense mechanism. You are a textbook case

It'd be sad if it wasn't so funny.

I can't imagine what its like to be as narcissistic and delusional as you.
Spiken like true a true liberal putz

Old 06-13-2012, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Wait, did I miss what year Camaro he has?
I'm assuming it's the latest generation since he mentioned terrible visibility and tiny backseats.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
I'm assuming it's the latest generation since he mentioned terrible visibility and tiny backseats.
What are you talking about terrible visibility? It's not like one ever blindly wrecked into you...

Old 06-13-2012, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
To add to that, impatient as well. If Honda would sell cars in the US the way they do here, you don't grab one off the lot (there is no lot), you place an order and 6~12 weeks later your car shows up in the color and configuration you wanted.
I feel a bit embarrassed by the way this thread has gone "off the rails" due to some of my countrymen, but I'll try to respond.

Since the Fit sold in the US is made in Japan, you can factory order, we cannot. Maybe when production is started in Mexico, factory orders will be possible, as it is with the Mexican made Ford Fiesta.

US dealers also want instant gratification. They want to make the sale today, not take orders for future delivery. It wasnt always like that. Dealerships used to be much smaller and domestically produced cars were factory ordered. I factory ordered a Chevy in 1993. In Japan, there is no choice because land area near population centers is too scarce.

American Honda is also at fault. They severely limit choice to make the US factories run more efficiently. While the Fit is made in a rainbow of colors, each Civic or Accord model seems to only have three or so. Individual options are non-existent, so folks are forced to pay for leather seats to get navigation, for example. Since the "take rate" of manual transmissions is only about 10% and California and the US government requires full emissions and fuel mileage certification for each engine/transmission configuration, I expect the M/T to disappear from the US market altogether. CVT's for all, whoopee!

Last edited by nikita; 06-13-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vanct
What are you talking about terrible visibility? It's not like one ever blindly wrecked into you...
Damn it Vanct, Now he's gonna accuse me of being a camaro hater as well as a butt-wipe..

Old 06-13-2012, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
I'm a valet, and I think I'd rather parallel park a box truck than do it in a new gen Camaro..

Old 06-13-2012, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
I'm a valet, and I think I'd rather parallel park a box truck than do it in a new gen Camaro..
I used to manage a Valet company here in baton rouge and I know a good 15 people that worked for me that would agree with you 100%.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
Honestly, how much more energy and physical exertion is involved with operating a manual tranny?

Doctor: "What do you do for exercise?"

Partient : "I drive my MT car every day to work & to the store"

Doctor : "Excellent- you should easily lose that extra 80 lbs"

Quick Reply: Honda continues to lose its way