2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Honda continues to lose its way

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wetphoto
Today, I saw my first Scion FR-S. Now THAT is what I am talking about. Rear drive, 6-speed, great body and 200 hp. Honda needs to pay attention. Not the fastest on the block, but a load of fun, handling, styling and quality. Perfect example.
I agree, it is probably the formula that Honda needs to go after with its next sports car incarnation. A mini-s2k would get people excited.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:48 AM
Originally Posted by hayden
I agree, it is probably the formula that Honda needs to go after with its next sports car incarnation. A mini-s2k would get people excited.
Maybe, just maybe, some Honda guy with influence thinks the same way

Old 06-15-2012, 03:56 AM
Maybe, just maybe, some Honda guy with influence thinks the same way
i'm not holding my breath for that one... Also, Honda was not known for creating stupid fast cars... Not now, not before, not ever... They build their cars in just the right amount of power and combine it with great handling and reliability... Even the type Rs are not stupid fast. The type Rs are also widely popular due to their handling and a little bit more power than their regular counterpart.

Those stupid fast Honda you see are modded. Not stock ones. But I agree that their engines are not much more fun then they used to be. Even the K series are not as much fun as the B series.. But I can't blame Honda for that... Blame the emission standard and gas prices...

Old 06-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by kodok3ribu
i'm not holding my breath for that one... Also, Honda was not known for creating stupid fast cars... Not now, not before, not ever... They build their cars in just the right amount of power and combine it with great handling and reliability... Even the type Rs are not stupid fast. The type Rs are also widely popular due to their handling and a little bit more power than their regular counterpart.

Those stupid fast Honda you see are modded. Not stock ones. But I agree that their engines are not much more fun then they used to be. Even the K series are not as much fun as the B series.. But I can't blame Honda for that... Blame the emission standard and gas prices...
Can always hope. The only time I use all the power in my Camaro is on the freeway entrance ramp. The rush from that alone is worth having the power. No Honda will come close to that. But power and handling like the new Scion? Yahooo

Last edited by wetphoto; 06-15-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
Why do people feel a need to compare a 2 door V8 powered car that is an upgraded visual copy of a car that was first marketed over 40 years ago, to a FWD 1500cc station wagon or a rear wheel drive collaboration between 2 of a sports car.. This isn't a site for owners of any of any other car than the 2 generations of Honda Fits.. This thread shouldn't even exist.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Why do people feel a need to compare a 2 door V8 powered car that is an upgraded visual copy of a car that was first marketed over 40 years ago, to a FWD 1500cc station wagon or a rear wheel drive collaboration between 2 of a sports car.. This isn't a site for owners of any of any other car than the 2 generations of Honda Fits.. This thread shouldn't even exist.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
If you had read, you would know that I was not comparing the Fit to the Camaro. I was stating that not all that much power is needed to have fun. 200hp in a descent car will do nicely. The thread is about Honda, which makes the fit. comprende?

Old 06-15-2012, 10:20 AM
The NSX to me isn't so much like "yeah but the NSX was a racecar so Honda = racecar!" it's more that they cared enough to create something like that. I guarantee it made them little to no money in the scheme of things, but it showed passion and interest, something that's obviously missing these days.

Here's hoping that the Ft-86/BRZ is a game changer in the entry level sports car market. People are excited about it and that excites me more than the car itself.

Since everybody's going retro these days, why not bring back the S600/800, make it Miata size, 160hp. Not like the S2000. Make it smaller and cheaper. S1600. Cheaper is the keyword.

Last edited by Wanderer.; 06-15-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
The NSX to me isn't so much like "yeah but the NSX was a racecar so Honda = racecar!" it's more that they cared enough to create something like that. I guarantee it made them little to no money in the scheme of things, but it showed passion and interest, something that's obviously missing these days.

Here's hoping that the Ft-86/BRZ is a game changer in the entry level sports car market. People are excited about it and that excites me more than the car itself.

Since everybody's going retro these days, why not bring back the S600/800, make it Miata size, 160hp.
Let's hope they do something before they go the way of the Wooly Mamoth

Old 06-15-2012, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
If you had read, you would know that I was not comparing the Fit to the Camaro. I was stating that not all that much power is needed to have fun. 200hp in a descent car will do nicely. The thread is about Honda, which makes the fit. comprende?
So just because this is a Honda Fit forum, this thread is necessary? Why not post this on all the other Honda forums too and see what they think? I'm sure they will agree with you.

Given your car history and how "no Honda will come close" to your Camaro, why bother being concerned with Honda at all because you will most likely never get one, especially when there are options out there like the BRZ/FRS like you said?

Last edited by Vanct; 06-15-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Vanct
So just because this is a Honda Fit forum, this thread is necessary? Why not post this on all the other Honda forums too and see what they think? I'm sure they will agree with you.

Given your car history and how "no Honda will come close" to your Camaro, why bother being concerned with Honda at all because you will most likely never get one, especially when there are options out there like the BRZ/FRS like you said?

Well, little one, the statement that no Honda will come close to the Camaro, was in context, about acceleration. And if you don't like the thread, don't read it. You are overly defensive of your Honda God.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
Well, little one, the statement that no Honda will come close to the Camaro, was in context, about acceleration. And if you don't like the thread, don't read it. You are overly defensive of your Honda God.
Hahaha I guess I shouldn't have expected a real answer from a troll. Just keep on deflecting and regurgitating the same "Honda God" garbage, you've run out of material son. What else you got for me?

Old 06-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Hahaha I guess I shouldn't have expected a real answer from a troll. Just keep on deflecting and regurgitating the same "Honda God" garbage, you've run out of material son. What else you got for me?
If you wanted Honda to succeed, you would want them to improve. You are so myoptic, that you refuse to recognise that it is falling behind, and has, apparently no interest in capturing market share or expanding sales for the future. So, who wants Honda to grow, me, or you with your head buried in the sand?

Old 06-15-2012, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
What exactly is a descent car? A car that's descending? /sarcasm

Last edited by FIT4thetouge; 06-15-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
If you wanted Honda to succeed, you would want them to improve. You are so myoptic, that you refuse to recognise that it is falling behind, and has, apparently no interest in capturing market share or expanding sales for the future. So, who wants Honda to grow, me, or you with your head buried in the sand?
Once again, you're retreading the same ground that 555 already answered in post #174. Honda is still doing very good for itself.

You're still equating growth with more horsepower, and maybe in Detroit that's the only way they can prosper. But how long is that going to last? I foresee nothing but stricter emissions and higher MPG laws in the future, so who's got their head buried in the sand? Maybe then, you will finally be forced to buy a Honda.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Once again, you're retreading the same ground that 555 already answered in post #174. Honda is still doing very good for itself.

You're still equating growth with more horsepower, and maybe in Detroit that's the only way they can prosper. But how long is that going to last? I foresee nothing but stricter emissions and higher MPG laws in the future, so who's got their head buried in the sand? Maybe then, you will finally be forced to buy a Honda.
You have bought into the Al Gore Green Weenie view of the world. Therefore, you are unworthy of further communication.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
You have bought into the Al Gore Green Weenie view of the world. Therefore, you are unworthy of further communication.
Well alright then, that's all I ever wanted lol. This debate is over as far as I'm concerned, you've got nothing to bring to the table. This thread finally seems to be dying anyways, I'll just see how long I can meme troll.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
What makes you so great that you can just deem people unworthy of communication? And why do you keep bringing politics up again and again?

Old 06-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Can we vote this guy off the Island?

Old 06-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by FIT4thetouge
What makes you so great that you can just deem people unworthy of communication? And why do you keep bringing politics up again and again?
I will determine who I choose to communicate with. When someone begins to spout the greenie bs, they are bringing the poilitics in. I will respond. If you don't like it, go read a good Thomas The Train book.

Quick Reply: Honda continues to lose its way