2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Open letter to all Fit Freaks.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Open letter to all Fit Freaks.

Originally Posted by seb9316
Well I tried resetting the ECU as Dwalbert suggested, absolutely no difference in shifting patterns but I will wait a tank of gas or two and calculate fuel mileage to see if there is any difference there.
I took it to the Honda dealer this morning and the service tech informed me for them to do any kind of diagnostic on the car without there being an obvious problem (other than lower than expected fuel mileage) would cost me the dealer diagnostic fee of $96. When I informed him of the car shifting indecisively and more often than seems necessary, he informed me back (as predicted on here) that "that is the way those cars shift."
When I asked him why anyone would want to deal with an underpowered econobox whose only real saving grace is fuel mileage, only to not be able to get that fuel mileage, especially when cars from other manufacturers get the same gas mileage as a Fit in a much more powerful (and larger) car. his response was:
a) I hate Fits, am not a fan at all
b) Several Civic owners have complained of the same thing, but you have to give a Honda about 15,000 miles to be "fully broken in" before you will start to see the fuel mileage increase.

While stating all this, he was never rude or condescending, but he did seem to have a frustrated tone, as though lots of people have been coming in with the same issue I am having.
Sorry but I can't help but wonder what Honda expects of their customers if this is indeed the case, and if I have to pay $96 when THEY aren't living up to expectations.

Oh jeez,

Did you actually believe that you could come on this site and bash our car and it would be ok? You do realize that we are Fit Freaks?

Nobody said our Fits were perfect. Although they have been called the number one car in our category for so many years and in all the markets….

HAVE YOU ANY RESPECT FOR THE AMOUNT OF TIME, EFFORT AND MONEY PEOPLE HAVE INVESTED IN OUR FITS???

On this site there are tuners and ricers…..tuners are so quick to put down ricers. But it the end…we love our Fits.

So please…..Be a sport or an RS.

You don’t like your Fit? Sell it. Get in it and drive off a cliff for all we care.

I’ve been a Fit owner for all but two months and it’s the best car I’ve ever owned and the list is long and distinguished.

On this site there are 100 ricers for every tuner. Tuners just wish that they could crack the ECU problem and ricers just want some good advice on where to by quality emblems…some descent rims….and slam it down…..low.

Tuners want to track their Fits. Did you EVEN know that the Fit has an awesome history as a track car….probably not.

So here is my plea.

Tuners don’t hate ricers. I had no idea just a few months ago what an AWESOME car my Fit was. I will be "ricing" my Fit to the max. And then, my wife willing, I will become a tuner and track my Fit and all that entails.

You don’t like our Fits, fine. Pay us no mind. Move on. You’re a Tuner? Awesome support the ricers…one day they might be tuners and track their AWESOME FITS….

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 06-10-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member
You're missing out if the Fit is the best/most fun car you've owned.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
Who cares about this exactly? This topic is important why?

Old 06-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Indeed. Most fuel efficient, yes, most fun, certainly not.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Not quite the most fun car I've owned, but the most fun car, which was still very affordable, reliable, efficient, and yet had the most practical space...

Old 06-10-2012, 01:12 AM
walbert you need to calm down hahahaha

Old 06-10-2012, 01:15 AM

Old 06-10-2012, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
The best car I ever owned is my late Uncle's 1965 Valiant, which I still own, and whose transmission is excellent (and has never been serviced in all its 47 years). I bought the Fit because I obviously have thing for spartan, well engineered econoboxes. The Fit isn't perfect, but neither is my Valiant. Is the Fit as good, or better, than its worthy competitors, whose engineers also worked very hard to design them? It's too soon, the jury's still out... I'll see how trouble-free it is 45 years from now and report back.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
I[B][/I can say one thing about Honda: they are reliable! My Fit is the 4th Honda my Family has owned. My father started out with a new 1978 Honda Accord, with air conditioning and no other options, which he bought for my older sister to commute to college with. Next, he bought a new 1980 Civic Station Wagon, which my older brother drove as his daily driver for many years, starting in college. My father bought the wagon with air conditioning only; I added a stereo, right hand mirror, a third brakelight retrofit kit, and fog lamps to it. In 1995, my brother bought a new Civic DX sedan stripped of all options other than Air Conditioning. The two of us added an aftermarket stereo within a month after he bought it; later on, we installed OEM style driving lights one afternoon. In 2008, I purchased a Fit Base with nothing more than floormats. I had the windows tinted within 2 days, installed aftermarket mud guards, purchased the cargo liner and tonneau cover, and a Thule Roof Rack. The last thing I have to install is the optional factory fog lights.

I never had any serious issues with these cars; that has been a trait with many Hondas. About my Honda Fit: my brother enjoys it when I let him drive it when we go somewhere together. He is considering getting a Fit if one of his Hondas ever gets worn out to the point it becomes a parts donor car.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dwalbert320
Oh jeez,

Did you actually believe that you could come on this site and bash our car and it would be ok? You do realize that we are Fit Freaks?

Nobody said our Fits were perfect. Although they have been called the number one car in our category for so many years and in all the markets….

HAVE YOU ANY RESPECT FOR THE AMOUNT OF TIME, EFFORT AND MONEY PEOPLE HAVE INVESTED IN OUR FITS???

On this site there are tuners and ricers…..tuners are so quick to put down ricers. But it the end…we love our Fits.

So please…..Be a sport or an RS.

You don’t like your Fit? Sell it. Get in it and drive off a cliff for all we care.

I’ve been a Fit owner for all but two months and it’s the best car I’ve ever owned and the list is long and distinguished.

On this site there are 100 ricers for every tuner. Tuners just wish that they could crack the ECU problem and ricers just want some good advice on where to by quality emblems…some descent rims….and slam it down…..low.

Tuners want to track their Fits. Did you EVEN know that the Fit has an awesome history as a track car….probably not.

So here is my plea.

Tuners don’t hate ricers. I had no idea just a few months ago what an AWESOME car my Fit was. I will be "ricing" my Fit to the max. And then, my wife willing, I will become a tuner and track my Fit and all that entails.

You don’t like our Fits, fine. Pay us no mind. Move on. You’re a Tuner? Awesome support the ricers…one day they might be tuners and track their AWESOME FITS….
Posterity quote!

You are one delusional man. Where was he bashing the Fit? How does someone who is trying to diagnose a problem with his mother's Fit turn into a "ricer" vs "tuner" hate match? You should really think twice before posting. I think you telling him to die was a bit too far.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by kgb4187
I think you telling him to die was a bit too far.
I never said that!

If you follow the thread closely I really don't believe any answer was going to do the trick.

But in the end yes. I was probably over (sensitive?...no that's not the word i'm looking for) no matter it was probably over-something....

I see people on the site put so much effort in their Fits...I just find it disrespectful for some to come on here and bash.

In the end my writing talents do not convey properly my thoughts and from now on I will keep my comments to myself. Lesson learned.

On another note I'm taking my Fit on a wicked road trip this week. I'm going to 3 different MLB ballparks in 5 days.

I'll post pics when I get back

Dwayne

Old 06-10-2012, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
Here, let me quote that for you

"You don’t like your Fit? Sell it. Get in it and drive off a cliff for all we care."

Old 06-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Clearly he would have survived

Old 06-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Speedlimitz
Here, let me quote that for you

"You don’t like your Fit? Sell it. Get in it and drive off a cliff for all we care."
Hahahahaha I'm so busted...and yes with all the air bags he would have survived....

Oh well! Not my best day... Time for a nap.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Yes the Fit does have some common items that we all deal with but it is the only car that I've ever owned that I truly have to say is fun to drive, I look forward to getting behind the wheel and yup I treat it like a $50,000.00 car. I've owned a lot of different cars all either Fords or Chevys which I will never own anything else but an import from this time on. I hope to keep my Fit for a long time but when it comes time to replace it I will be a sad day and I will surely miss it. It will go down in my personal history as my most favorite and loved car I've ever owned.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:48 AM
I love my Fit! Its very fun to drive, gets great gas mileage, has a ton of room and is affordable! Oh, and it's a Honda!

Old 06-10-2012, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member

Old 06-10-2012, 12:30 PM

Last edited by johnnyHT; 06-10-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
One of the features I see in a Fit that hasn't been in cars for over 40 years is the seats folding into a bed. Note that I said in cars, not vans, trucks or SUVs. The only other cars I've seen this feature in are the Ramblers, Nash and the 1955-57 Hudsons. I'm glad to see this feature back in a modern day car. I hope this feature continues to be offered in all future generation Honda Fits. I enjoy this feature in both cars: my 1962 Rambler Classic and my 2008 Fit.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by phrancis
Not quite the most fun car I've owned, but the most fun car, which was still very affordable, reliable, efficient, and yet had the most practical space...
88-00 Hondas are all those things...and worlds more fun, and in many cases, more efficient.

Quick Reply: Open letter to all Fit Freaks.