2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

so my fit got egged and sprinkled overnight....

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member
so my fit got egged and sprinkled overnight....

But my car was two cars in a driveway on a night I'm rarely home so the violator f'd up there....I can only think of 3 people who would do this since I live in a suburb where most people wouldnt mess with me:

1) the teenage kids next door - cant see why they would choose now to become ass-hats

2) family - i'll rule them out later today

3) random drive by- highly unlikely since I was 3rd from the street behind 2 other cars

I'm on the fence about retribution when I find out who did it. The light approach would be to put stickers all over their windows....the f'd up approach would be to write "quick, wash me!" on their hood with brake fluid....

another side says "hey its sunday and you were going to work on the car anyway.."

what say you?

Old 06-03-2012, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
If you do something do something that won't get you in legal trouble.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Get that egg off your car ASAP! People don't realize that an egg thats baked on can really ruin your paint or they do realize it and want to be jerks. If there is no damage then no harm in doing a prank on their car that won't damage it.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
The ultimate revenge tool:

Old 06-03-2012, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
Oh god that be awesome. Especially if they have a fwd car. Put the rear tires up on those watch the idiot learn to drift a fwd in three corners or less

Old 06-03-2012, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wontfit
Oh god that be awesome. Especially if they have a fwd car. Put the rear tires up on those watch the idiot learn to drift a fwd in three corners or less
lol never considered that!

They are for moving the car around with four of them. Majorly messes with people, especially if they live alone and nobody else has the keys. Just move it across the street, or into another neighbors driveway with a few empty beer cans in the yard to top it off.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
Wow that's f'in crazy...my car along with every other car on the street got silly-stringed just last night. What's the deal?!

Old 06-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by FIT4thetouge
Wow that's f'in crazy...my car along with every other car on the street got silly-stringed just last night. What's the deal?!
Originally Posted by Santiad
But my car was two cars in a driveway on a night I'm rarely home so the violator f'd up there....I can only think of 3 people who would do this since I live in a suburb where most people wouldnt mess with me:

1) the teenage kids next door - cant see why they would choose now to become ass-hats

2) family - i'll rule them out later today

3) random drive by- highly unlikely since I was 3rd from the street behind 2 other cars

I'm on the fence about retribution when I find out who did it. The light approach would be to put stickers all over their windows....the f'd up approach would be to write "quick, wash me!" on their hood with brake fluid....

another side says "hey its sunday and you were going to work on the car anyway.."

what say you?
Whatever you do, make sure it doesn't leave any damage. If there's no damage there is no crime, if someone calls the cops because of what you did.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:46 PM
If you don't know who exactly did it. I would not do anything and brush it off. You retaliating can either start something with someone that may or may not have done it in the first place and or get you in some kind of trouble that you do not want to deal with.

Just go on with your day, clean it off and go work on the car.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:44 PM
The best revenge is a better lived life. By taking the high road you will make them even angrier than they are. It is tough when every fibre in your being is screaming for revenge.

If you a trying to make yourself feel better then revenge is paramount.

If you are trying to make them feel worse then live a better life. Move on. As if they don't even register on your radar. That....is infuriating...to your enemy.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden
The ultimate revenge tool:
I think the following is better...

This way, you don't need to lift the car up BEFORE putting it on the dolly.

And I've helped someone use it once.

At our restaurant's previous location, the parking area was shared between ALL the tenets of this massive condo building... with multiple businesses along the first two floors. One of which, was the Apollo Theater. Whenever they had a show, the parking area would fill to the brim. The people would park under the tracks blocking each other in... and if you happened to park in that area and weren't there for the show... you'd be stuck until someone with a pair of dollies came to "dig" you out.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
1) File a police report for the vandalism incident. It should be noted for the record.

2) The perpetrators may strike again, and cause real damage this time. Install a hidden camera recording device pronto, so you will have a photographic record of the trespasser. Do not tell anyone of your installation.

3) Forget all notions of paying this person out. This is a poor choice in most situations anyway, and particularly here because:
a) You are not sure who did it. Payback on a hunch is bad news.
b) You went on a public forum and announced that you are considering retribution.
c) You need the patience to wait long enough for revenge so that your victim cannot connect the dots and link your payback to his/her trespass against you. there's no rush.. plus that will afford you time to cool down and think with a clearer head.
d) If this devolves into a tit for tat p*ssing match, there will be no winners.

So light up the area to discourage nocturnal visits by cretins, step up your level of vigilance (surveillance), and let law enforcement deal with it.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
I feel for you. My wife's jeep was hit with dressing and eggs while the top was down over night. Needless to say we learned our lesson. We filed a police report but unfortunately the kid was never caught.

Old 06-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Dwalbert320
If you are trying to make them feel worse then live a better life. Move on. As if they don't even register on your radar. That....is infuriating...to your enemy.
This really.

But if you do find out who it is, you can buy a big industrial size roll of saran wrap and wrap their whole car up tight. Won't do any damage but it's a pain to get off. You can do over the roof under the car and they can't get in the doors. Probably fastest if you don't want to be seen, having a partner helps.

The adult in me says just file a police report for vandalism, clean the car off, and go on with your life. If they strike again, it's time for cameras, etc.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
So they struck again 2 nights ago. This time lameness was at an all time high as they just tossed a lil bit of toilet paper on it. I just balled it up and kept it moving.

Last night they struck again this time hitting the bedroom windows of the house (I guess they couldn't see my car all the way in front).

This involved other family members. Another call to the police and we'll be performing a stakeout this entire weekend.

Wish me luck. This is some silly crap to deal with...especially since I have no idea who is doing this.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Well now it's time to fight. Catch them in the act, the cops won't care, you've already made two reports.