2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Hissing/Peeping sound on break/wheels when you stop.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 06:13 AM
Hissing/Peeping sound on break/wheels when you stop.

I dont get it guys, this is the second time I went on honda for this issue this year, its a new 2012 jazz/fit with only 5K on the mark. Irritating sound when you break, Hissing/peeping sound on the breaks like a metal to metal hissing sound. The Honda service center said twice that it is just a dust causing that I use break softly when stopping. I dont get it when he said this one, I am a normal driver and always been a calmer driver and when ever I use breaks I always make sure I stop not right away like a raging racer, breaking properly not doing pressing pedal to the metal thing. No problem with the break the tech said... What can you say about this one??? Any opinion???

Old 05-25-2012, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
remove wheels, use sandpaper and lightly sand the rotors.
also, check to make sure that the pads arent prematurly worn.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Do you have to sand both sides? I have some chirping going on when lightly pressing the brakes and feel it has to do with the pads and its interaction with the caliper piston.

OP: check your rotors for premature wear or marks, maybe the wear indicators are touching the dust shield.

I feel you pain, brake noise on relatively new brakes is a pain. Contemplating ordering oem pads and the honda shim kit to see if the noise goes away.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Santiad
OP: check your rotors for premature wear or marks, maybe the wear indicators are touching the dust shield.
it's a '12 with 5k miles.

op maybe your hearing is too keen.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Acid Jay
I dont get it guys, this is the second time I went on honda for this issue this year, its a new 2012 jazz/fit with only 5K on the mark. Irritating sound when you break, Hissing/peeping sound on the breaks like a metal to metal hissing sound. The Honda service center said twice that it is just a dust causing that I use break softly when stopping. I dont get it when he said this one, I am a normal driver and always been a calmer driver and when ever I use breaks I always make sure I stop not right away like a raging racer, breaking properly not doing pressing pedal to the metal thing. No problem with the break the tech said... What can you say about this one??? Any opinion???
Your car does not have "breaks". It has brakes.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by Triskelion
Your car does not have "breaks". It has brakes.
Lol obviously its a mistake typing fast... good eyes maybe you're a grammar teacher and what I need is opinion on the problem not bashing on the wrong spelling... Pinoy ka pa naman kakahiya...

Old 06-03-2012, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by Santiad
Do you have to sand both sides? I have some chirping going on when lightly pressing the brakes and feel it has to do with the pads and its interaction with the caliper piston.

I feel you pain, brake noise on relatively new brakes is a pain. Contemplating ordering oem pads and the honda shim kit to see if the noise goes away.
I wont go that far, warranty issue, dont want the tech saying that it wont be covered now due to this issue... It is still underwarranty so I can wait...

Old 06-03-2012, 09:49 AM
We try and avoid lightly pressing on the brake pedal. Our driveway's 3.5 miles of steep terrain/tight turns. Our experience has shown that lightly pressing on the pedal to scrub speed leaves deposit's on the rotors. This is the pulsing sensation you feel at the pedal.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
Brake noises are common and they wont do anything about it at the dealer since the brakes are fully functional. The pads are probably cheap semi-met or met pads. If it really bothers you, go to pep boys and buy some ceramic pads for ~$45 and swap em out. I just replaced both my cars with ceramic and there are no hissing/squeaking noises.