2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New '12 Honda Fit Sport Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 05:28 PM
New '12 Honda Fit Sport Owner

New to forum. Looking forward to learning a lot from so many very good threads. Just purchased silver Fit this week. This "little-big" machine was impressive from the very first start-up.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by 2eagles
New to forum. Looking forward to learning a lot from so many very good threads. Just purchased silver Fit this week. This "little-big" machine was impressive from the very first start-up.
Congrats! Did you get the auto or manual? Any accessories or plans for aftermarket?

I'm dying over here myself. I've had a deposit down on a 2012 Fit Sport manual in Polished Metal Metallic for almost a month and I just this afternoon got an update from the dealer saying the new ETA is 6/17 to 6/21. Argh!

Old 05-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Congrats, and welcome. They are great little cars.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Shadowplay
Congrats! Did you get the auto or manual? Any accessories or plans for aftermarket?

I'm dying over here myself. I've had a deposit down on a 2012 Fit Sport manual in Polished Metal Metallic for almost a month and I just this afternoon got an update from the dealer saying the new ETA is 6/17 to 6/21. Argh!
Funny!! I put a deposit on a PMM over a month ago and was told I'd get it at the end of May. I'm still anxiously awaiting mine too. I'm reading this forum like a crazy man while I wait.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Craig Johnson
Funny!! I put a deposit on a PMM over a month ago and was told I'd get it at the end of May. I'm still anxiously awaiting mine too. I'm reading this forum like a crazy man while I wait.

Don't know where you're located but this Cary, NC Honda store has a silver Fit Sport Manual. I bought the A/T so wife could also drive it. Autoparkhonda: a pleasure doing business with them.

New 2012 Honda Fit Sport (Silver Car) Raleigh | Apex

Old 05-24-2012, 10:27 PM
Hah! I wonder if they are literally on the same boat. I was told that mine has a build date of 4/28.

Anyway, I'm happy (and envious hehe) of the OP - enjoy your Fit!

Old 05-24-2012, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shadowplay
Hah! I wonder if they are literally on the same boat. I was told that mine has a build date of 4/28.

Anyway, I'm happy (and envious hehe) of the OP - enjoy your Fit!
Mine must be on that boat too. Ordered 4/3, told a build date of 4/25, and arrival in late may. Now the arrival's been pushed back to 6/10. Have fun in your Fit, OP, while the rest of us wait!

Old 05-25-2012, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
The forum was my lifeline, too, while I waited for mine to be built...the Fit is worth waiting for!

Old 05-25-2012, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
Congratulations enjoy!

I just took delivery of my 2012 Milano Red Fit Sport 5MT 2 nights ago and love it. What a great car!

Old 05-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Congrats to all and welcome It's funny hearing about others waiting for cars to come in.

I've never ordered a car other then my 2011 Mustang and that took about 8 weeks total from order to delivery.

With Ford I tracked my Car from assembly line to the actual rail car and delivery to my dealer.It was fun getting updates as my car made it across the country.

I guess with Honda It's not that easy to track.When I bought my Fit it was easy because my dealer had all the colors and both manual and A/T cars in stock.

It's worth the wait and yep the Fit is a great little car.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
Wow didn't have a wait in 2010. Either way it's worth it. Enjoy!

Old 05-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Is anyone who is waiting "too long" trying to make any demands? I'm beginning to feel like maybe they could cover the tint job just to keep me happy. Any advice on this?

Old 05-28-2012, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
I could've either ordered white and waited a month or driven 300 miles to get the closest Red Sport. I did the latter.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
I found that most of the dealerships near me knew they were sitting on solid gold with the Fit's (especially the manuals) since noone can keep them in stock... almost every single one was sold before it hit the US shore. So they were not really willing to make any stellar deals or give any extras. I went with the dealership I bought from since they offer a lifetime power train warranty which was valuable to me. But it never hurts to ask for some extras, worst they can say is no!

Old 05-29-2012, 12:21 AM
Is anyone who is waiting "too long" trying to make any demands? I'm beginning to feel like maybe they could cover the tint job just to keep me happy. Any advice on this?
You: This wait is interminable. I demand special compensation for having to wait do long.

Dealer: Cancel your order. Someone else will buy it. Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by smaglik
You: This wait is interminable. I demand special compensation for having to wait do long.

Dealer: Cancel your order. Someone else will buy it. Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.
We the eagerly waiting buyers are totally at their mercy right now. Sucks, but only a couple more weeks... hopefully.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:02 AM
It will be worth the wait. Mines got 119k on it now. Been a great car.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
The best thing to do while you wait is buy more stuff. I've really enjoyed the accessories catalog according to my bank account. Best bang for the buck so far, in my opinion, is the window visors. Never thought I'd ever want a set, thinking they usually look too JDM or too JC Whitney on other cars, but they look awesome on the Fit, make driving with the windows down better, ventilation in rain possible, and offer sun protection.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:53 AM
5 Year Member
Funny, I just drove past one with window visors on the highway this weekend and it confirmed my desicion- I don't like the way they look.

Far as ordering, in 09 I waited a week for them to find the one I wanted. This year the one I wanted was on the lot- the absolute only one of it's kind on the lot. I doubt I'd ever order one. I don't like locking myself into a prolonged transaction like that. To each their own and may those of you who are waiting get yours soon!

Old 05-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by hayden
The best thing to do while you wait is buy more stuff. I've really enjoyed the accessories catalog according to my bank account. Best bang for the buck so far, in my opinion, is the window visors. Never thought I'd ever want a set, thinking they usually look too JDM or too JC Whitney on other cars, but they look awesome on the Fit, make driving with the windows down better, ventilation in rain possible, and offer sun protection.
I've been trying to hold off on buying a bunch of stuff before I even get the car lol. It's hard though... I want a new shift knob for the m/t and the clazzio seat covers and maybe a new rear-view mirror with an outside temperature display and... well, gonna just sit tight and wait until I actually own the car!

I've had mixed feelings about those window visors. I can't quite decide if they are cool or a bit too... tacky for my personal taste. No offense to anyone who does like 'em.

Quick Reply: New '12 Honda Fit Sport Owner