2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New '12 Honda Fit Sport Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 09:36 PM
I can see that no one believes these dealerships care about their reps. Mine told me end of the month after leaving a deposit on 4/30/12. They just told me today (5/31/12) that it will be at least two more weeks. That is not good business. I understand that the Fit is popular, but to just keep delaying and delaying is not good business. Just to defend their rep, you would think they might throw me a bone... Even without me asking for one. Im a bit frustrated. If all of you believe you just take it, then that's probably how it will be, but I'm dissatisfied and plan to write a negative review even after I receive my vehicle. Stand up for yourself... It shouldn't be this way just because you're not buying a $50K car. I'm hoping to at least get a tint job for my trouble. Just my .02

Old 06-01-2012, 08:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Craig Johnson
I can see that no one believes these dealerships care about their reps. Mine told me end of the month after leaving a deposit on 4/30/12. They just told me today (5/31/12) that it will be at least two more weeks. That is not good business. I understand that the Fit is popular, but to just keep delaying and delaying is not good business. Just to defend their rep, you would think they might throw me a bone... Even without me asking for one. Im a bit frustrated. If all of you believe you just take it, then that's probably how it will be, but I'm dissatisfied and plan to write a negative review even after I receive my vehicle. Stand up for yourself... It shouldn't be this way just because you're not buying a $50K car. I'm hoping to at least get a tint job for my trouble. Just my .02
I'm in Tampa and had a similar experience here. I actually had a deposit at another dealership who told me a couple weeks before I put the deposit down, then the day after the deposit it turned into 4-5 weeks. Luckily another dealer I had been in contact with called me when he received a manual sport and I went down that night and bought it... still waiting for my deposit at the other dealer to be refunded and it has been 7 days... they keep blowing me off. I'm not sure what dealer you went to being that you are in Clearwater but I had a really good experience at Kuhn Honda off Kennedy in Tampa. Good luck, it will be worth the wait!

Old 06-01-2012, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shadowplay
I've been trying to hold off on buying a bunch of stuff before I even get the car lol. It's hard though... I want a new shift knob for the m/t and the clazzio seat covers and maybe a new rear-view mirror with an outside temperature display and... well, gonna just sit tight and wait until I actually own the car!

I've had mixed feelings about those window visors. I can't quite decide if they are cool or a bit too... tacky for my personal taste. No offense to anyone who does like 'em.
I hear ya. It took me a month to put them on after owning them, debating whether or not I wanted to do something so "trashy", but now that they are on, I've had my car around every type of person you can imagine, and nothing but compliments. The rest of the car is very clean looking and stock though. If I had it slammed and such, it might look like a bunch of parts added to the car, but as is, it doesn't bulge out from the sides, and it sort of tucks into the window and flows with the body lines. Considering visors are such a popular item in Japan, I really think they made sure the car looked good with them, and kept their placement in mind when designing the car. To me, Fits look tall without them now that I'm used to the look. It bring the top line visually down a bit.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by hayden
I hear ya. It took me a month to put them on after owning them, debating whether or not I wanted to do something so "trashy", but now that they are on, I've had my car around every type of person you can imagine, and nothing but compliments. The rest of the car is very clean looking and stock though. If I had it slammed and such, it might look like a bunch of parts added to the car, but as is, it doesn't bulge out from the sides, and it sort of tucks into the window and flows with the body lines. Considering visors are such a popular item in Japan, I really think they made sure the car looked good with them, and kept their placement in mind when designing the car. To me, Fits look tall without them now that I'm used to the look. It bring the top line visually down a bit.
Nice - thanks for the review. Do those visors have much affect on the feel of having the windows all the way down? More/less air buffeting you? Sound any different? Just curious

Old 06-01-2012, 08:00 PM

Old 06-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by mkane
Are you just trying to push my buttons? Thats the exact vehicle I'm STILL waiting patiently for. Thats PMM right?

Old 06-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Craig Johnson
Are you just trying to push my buttons? Thats the exact vehicle I'm STILL waiting patiently for. Thats PMM right?
Yep same here - waiting and waiting for my PMM m/t sport.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
Yep same here - waiting and waiting for my PMM m/t sport.
Me too, PMM base M/T.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by msbxiv
Me too, PMM base M/T.
Not to derail this thread even further, but... a couple days ago on during my morning commute I was at a stoplight and the exact Honda Fit I have on order pulled up beside me. The universe is taunting me.

Nice choice of color btw.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
Not to derail this thread even further, but... a couple days ago on during my morning commute I was at a stoplight and the exact Honda Fit I have on order pulled up beside me. The universe is taunting me.

Nice choice of color btw.
I've been waiting since 4/1 for mine from a dealer just outside Seattle--they gave me the 'costco' price of 15,595 + TTL. Two weeks later a PMM base M/T shows up at Seattle Honda. I called the sales guys and asked if they wanted match the price I got--Nope. So here I wait.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Interesting, we have noticed the dealership we purchased our car from doesn't seem to have any Fits on their lot. They do have a very large number of Civics. We have also noticed that the Fit is not included in any advertising or finance programs.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Redfitowner
Interesting, we have noticed the dealership we purchased our car from doesn't seem to have any Fits on their lot. They do have a very large number of Civics. We have also noticed that the Fit is not included in any advertising or finance programs.
I've definitely noticed these things, too. One dealership tried to move me into a Civic when it was clear they didn't have any Fits in the colors or trim level I was interested in because they had a ton of Civics. I've also noticed no advertising at all for the Fit plus the last round of official Honda incentives were for several models like the Accord, Fit, Pilot, Odyssey, etc, but of course not the Fit. It's like the Fit is the outcast while that makes it hard for us to get, it also makes it feel a little less generic than a civic/accord. Nothing wrong with those cars of course

Old 06-06-2012, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
It's cause the car is selling well, and they can't make em any faster than they are ... while the Civic has plenty of unsold cars lying around after tooling up a large-capacity plant and then getting creamed in all the reviews for the car

Old 06-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Well, looks like my car is on a truck from Arkansas and will arrive June 18-22nd. The dealership did agree to cover my tint job so I'm ok for now. Just hope it actually arrives. Keep your fingers crossed.