2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

oh no, my poor fit (accident story)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 03:28 PM
...funny thign about the rental. I don't have rental reimursement on my insurance so I had to go through it on the other party's insurance. They said they'll reimburse me for all that once they determine who's at fault. If i'm not at fault, theyre not paying. Yeah, even more bull....

Not yet, I just made an appt with my family doctor and will see whats up

Old 05-23-2012, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Was the other person ticketed?

Old 05-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Honestly, I do not have the slightest clue. I did not have a chance to take a look at the police report or talk to the officer because I was with the paramedics the majority of the time. I do know that she got her license back so maybe she got a warning? The short time I did talk to the officer he did say that the intersection is messed up, it should be designed to be a street light, and not a stop sign, but there is some federal rule prohibiting the city from going through with it.

It's confirmed the car is a total loss

Old 05-23-2012, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
Totalled Fit

Sorry to hear that! Hope you didn't get banged up too badly! Who do you have insurance with? If it comes down to a fight, angle for your insurance to cover you, and fight the other company for reimbursement...after all, that's what you pay them for!! I'm insured with State farm, and they paid me a couple hundred dollars over book value, so I came out ahead! Wishing you the best!
2012 VBP Sport 5/MT with minor appearance & comfort mods!!

Old 05-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Oh, Evilone, are family crossover drivers all "stupid fucking idiots" now.

Flea

Old 05-23-2012, 05:31 PM
dam, car looks bad. glad your ok

Old 05-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by FLEALAMI
Oh, Evilone, are family crossover drivers all "stupid fucking idiots" now.

Flea
it seems like you're really slow in the comprehension department... so sad... but I understand.

Last edited by ThEvil0nE; 05-23-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ironsheikh
...funny thign about the rental. I don't have rental reimursement on my insurance so I had to go through it on the other party's insurance. They said they'll reimburse me for all that once they determine who's at fault. If i'm not at fault, theyre not paying. Yeah, even more bull....

Not yet, I just made an appt with my family doctor and will see whats up
When I was hit years ago the other guys insurance only covered a rental car until they determined my car was totaled, then they said I had to bring it back that day.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=ThEvil0nE;1101853]it seems like you're really slow in the comprehension department... so sad... but I understand.

Perhaps, but even I know that you capitalize the first letter in a sentence.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Flea

Old 05-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
to be politically correct... yes, idiots can be found in any type of cars but let's be honest here... more idiot drivers can be found behind an suv's steering wheel. be it using it's size to bully smaller cars or just being plain stupid.
i agree....another thing to compliment these horrible drivers are those backup cams...i saw a lady in a parking lot with one of those new Mercedes SUV's backing up steering right and only looking at the screen in the navigation and scrapped the hell out of the car that was to the left of her...

Old 05-24-2012, 03:52 AM
5 Year Member
I recall (and confirmed from his post history) that OP's Fit was salvage title car. Did that figure into the numbers to total it? I'm sure it will be a major factor in the insurance settlement offer.

Good luck OP settling out with the carrier, and do yourself a favor, spend the $30 per year and get some rental coverage on your policy.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ironsheikh
Just got a copy of the estimate. The total damage is 11k. That is at 78% of the car's value.

Bye bye little fit
Did the insurance company know about the salvage title when they were working their numbers?

Old 05-24-2012, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kgb4187
Did the insurance company know about the salvage title when they were working their numbers?
If they didn't, they'll know when they get the signed title. The surety never sends out the check until they have a signed title in their hands.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I'll update Car is a rebuilt title.

Again, guys shut up and don't start a thread war about it.

Insurance wanted to give me 9k, however I'm at a real sweet spot right now. I found two local Honda Fits with rebuilt titles that are quite pricey.

2009 HONDA FIT SPOTR

and

Honda Fit 2010 sport model, automatic tranny, white, low mileage!

Again, dont give me bull about a rebuilt title yada yada. Had the car for the last 3 years and 45k, not a single thing went wrong. Honestly, one of the better cars I've ever bought, hell even driven. I just want a fair value for what my pre loss condition was and as can be seen with the above ads, I'm not getting it.

BEFORE YOU GUYS start saying "oh its a rebuilt title, its worth less," valuation report is messed up too. They have it calculated at 13.1k before they factor in the rebuilt title. They're not gipping me because of my rebuilt title, they're shoving me one up my ass because they're an insurance company, albeit my own insurance company.

Oh, and I have my floor mats and trunk tray for sale, pm if interested.

I could squeeze out the center console and the led illumination lights before I let the car go, pm again if interested so I can snatch it out of the car.

Last edited by ironsheikh; 05-24-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:44 PM
What was your response to the valuation report?

Old 05-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by smaglik
What was your response to the valuation report?
Bunch of bull. I emailed her those ads and told her these are REBUILT fits way more than her cash value. On top of that her similar cars she included for me were high mileage ge8s. thats cool and everything but again, the cost of these ge8s were 10k. still more than the 9k i was offered. now can someone explain to me how im supposed to buy a 10k car for 9k...and that doesnt include tax title or license.

I'm getting real tired of this insurance bullshit.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:41 PM
If you can afford to, stand your ground. They are counting on you wanting to get that check as soon as possible.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Yeah that's most likely what I'm going to have to do. As far as rental is concerned, is the other party's insurance going to pay for my rental until I have reached a settlement with my own insurance company with total loss claim?

Also, my insurance company said I should ahead and tell the body shop to give permission so they can move my car to a salvage yard because they're incurring costs by having it stay at the body shop. I feel as if I go ahead and do that, I'll lose my leverage I have with my negotiation...

Old 05-24-2012, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
After my crash my insurance told me to only deal with the other guy's insurance, not sure why you're still talking to yours. Your insurance doesn't care if you threaten legal action, which is what I did to get my payout higher.

Also the Navi Fit looks like the tint on the drivers door/quarter window is different so there was most likely suspension damage/side airbag deployment.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Already got this far with my insurance company. I'm not sure if I can back out now and go through the other party's insurance...

Quick Reply: oh no, my poor fit (accident story)