2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

JDP Lip fading after a couple of weeks

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bmxman
Let me repeat "custom parts"...do you see the connection now? What restaurant makes custom one of food? Your example is not relative.
I have shipped plenty of items all over the world in my 10 years of selling on Ebay. So yes if you know how to ship a CF lip it's cheap!

I'm glad you're happy for me and I didn't say anything about data. I merely stated that in the 8 total parts I have bought along with the 20 or so lips purchased by myself and the Integra club no one has had a problem I have heard about. Is it possible there was a manufacturers problem with the lip yes...and JDP is replacing it so I don't see the problem.
I would expect higher quality out of custom parts. Generally custom parts cost more. Maybe I'm still missing something here...

What's your definition of cheap? I highly doubt you could ship the lip for much less than $40. And now it's 8 parts? I thought it was 3

The only "problem" was that you were inferring that there wasn't a correlation between JDP and defective parts. Facts in the past have proven otherwise. In fact I can say that none of the parts on my car have good fitment. All had to be modified.

Originally Posted by bmxman
I'm not sure why people are mentioning quality control issues and I have been buying from JDP for over 5 years and have never had an issue
And just to reiterate, I am pleased that JDP is actually making parts for our car. There are very few other options. And I think he is making a genuine effort to improve quality. However, I'm not going to sit back and pretend like all is well and mislead potential buyers reading these forums.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
In the midst of this debate...
The first JDP lip I had on my 09 started fading similar to the OP's after a couple months, but it was only in one area. John offered to refinish it, and after he missed the redelivery date (the lip had fallen while it was setting, something along those lines) he gladly replaced it with a brand new one, even though there were some pretty deep scrapes on the old lip. I definitely stand by JDP. John has always been great to work with, an my rear diffuser has not had any issues in the past 10 months, being parked outside 24/7.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
dont be a sucker and pay for the shipping. jdp gave you a defected product so he should take care of completely. common sense.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:57 AM
personally... I don't like JDP's CF fit, build, finish and quality. they do however stand by their product. if I ever pick any JDP products... it won't be CF. I'd rather have the part CFed out locally.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FittedOnEm
In the midst of this debate...
The first JDP lip I had on my 09 started fading similar to the OP's after a couple months, but it was only in one area. John offered to refinish it, and after he missed the redelivery date (the lip had fallen while it was setting, something along those lines) he gladly replaced it with a brand new one, even though there were some pretty deep scrapes on the old lip. I definitely stand by JDP. John has always been great to work with, an my rear diffuser has not had any issues in the past 10 months, being parked outside 24/7.
Great example of VERY good customer service. Like I've said before, without ever actually sitting down and having a convo with him, I think John is a pretty stand up guy. I do believe he wants to do right for his customers.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:12 AM
5 Year Member
not saying they dont do great work. I have front lip myself and love it. however if he was shipped a defect, they should fix it full compensation. just saying... how many people ordered the lip and has seen a fade on the bottom? i dont think to many people have that problem. if this guy only installed his lip for a few weeks and has done nothing to it and it starts to fade, then obviously he was given a defect.