2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Best Looking Color for the 2012 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
It depends what you want to do with the car.

When I bought my 2012 Fit Sport, I knew I wanted to get it as close to an Acura/Infiniti/Lexus as possible. I planned on some nice Clazzio vinyl seat covers (Black outers/Ivory inserts/Ivory stitching), the Visual Garage shark fin antenna, and a 30% ceramic tint all around. I think these touches will bridge many of the gaps between the stock Fit sport and entry-level luxury cars. The Alabaster Silver seemed to look the most metallic, which, along with keeping the car cool and ease of keeping clean, made it my top choice.

So my advice is pick whatever color works with how you will want to use the vehicle.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by spreadhead
If you don't have a color you specifically want, a rule of thumb is to get one of the colors pictured in the sales brochure. I prefer white or silver for a cooler cabin, but I am not really picky. When I bought my 07 in May of 06 Fits were few and far between. I got "vivid blue pearl". It's ok by me.
The 2012 Fit sales brochure has the orangeburst metallic on its cover and then has an alabaster silver on the inside cover and the blue raspberry metallic as the center fold and red on the back cover.

It seems to me Honda is trying to sell to a younger hip crowd given these brochure color choices along with the cover graphics with a guitar in the mix.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by GTRPLYR
The 2012 Fit sales brochure has the orangeburst metallic on its cover and then has an alabaster silver on the inside cover and the blue raspberry metallic as the center fold and red on the back cover.

It seems to me Honda is trying to sell to a younger hip crowd given these brochure color choices along with the cover graphics with a guitar in the mix.
Well yeah since having a small car in America is tantamount to being broke (even if your not) Honda tries to aim its market ads at the brokest mothersf*ckers out there. College kids and other people under 30. If only more of the older generations valued small efficient cars .

Old 05-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by krunk13
Wrong....

Red isnt the best but it also isnt the worst in resale. I think Milano Red would count as a bright red.
http://www.kbb.com/car-advice/articl...07311805337660
That doesn't explicitly mean that those colors are the best for resale value, though it probably helps for trade in value. That's just what the car fleet consists of, but value for resale is going to be effected by the relative popularity of the colors for the used verses the new car buyers.

Regardless, the best color to buy is the one you like best. I like being different, so the orange was right for me.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by malraux
That doesn't explicitly mean that those colors are the best for resale value, though it probably helps for trade in value. That's just what the car fleet consists of, but value for resale is going to be effected by the relative popularity of the colors for the used verses the new car buyers.

Regardless, the best color to buy is the one you like best. I like being different, so the orange was right for me.
click the KBB link. They know resale value

Old 05-20-2012, 01:13 PM
click the KBB link. They know resale value
The link just says popularity and doesn't have any data on resale valuation. It just says that popular colors probably have higher values, but ignores the fact that popular colors also have high supply.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:08 PM
white is popular because a lot of fleet vehicles and rentals are white, same with Black
Silver is popular because you have so many more shades of silver and grey, etc
someone posted sales by color for the Honda fit before, I can't remember what they were, but the blackberry pearl was at the bottom so that's why they dropped it.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:20 PM
I originally wanted vortex blue, but went with red since they had a red 5 speed sport on the lot. Really glad I did

My favorites for the 2012 are
1. Red
2. White
3. Vortex blue
4. Polished metal

Old 05-20-2012, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
I bought red because white wasn't available readily. I'll likely end up wrapping it orange.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Well yeah since having a small car in America is tantamount to being broke (even if your not) Honda tries to aim its market ads at the brokest mothersf*ckers out there. College kids and other people under 30. If only more of the older generations valued small efficient cars .

I've had other small cars, 4- 4x4 pickups, a dozen other new cars over the years. I went for a small efficient car this time. (Traded in a 2011 Honda CRV. 20 mpg). Ain't never been to college, wish to hell I was 30 again.

I am 65 an I bought the FIT for better milage. Besides, it is the first car that I have had in years that "young" folks come up an say that they like.....

My color--Blue Raspberry Metallic, Sport model.....

Last edited by Greengo; 05-20-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
White just plain sucks to own. I think a white car looks good, but it's a terrible color to maintain over the long haul. Two white cars was enough for me. Swore 'em off long ago.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
I have a 2010 and really wanted the dark blue (similar to the current Vortex), but there were none in the state. My dealer was able to get me the tidewater-a light metallic blue similar to the color of some older Honda Civics I have seen. If picking a 2012, I'd consider the orange, but likely get the blue raspberry. I would prefer red if it was a metallic red.

I think the Fit looks sharpest in white, but my last car was white, so Wanted a change.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
Blue Raspberry Metallic for the WIN!!!

Name:  fitgram.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  52.9 KB

Old 05-26-2012, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
I tried to research which color was most likely to look good the longest for a car that lives outside, and silver came up the winner. I also like the neutral silver and grey best as I am less likely to get tired of them. They may be a little boring to start but are classic. Also IMO they add a hint of class as alluded to above by Under_Score.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by afreespirit
I tried to research which color was most likely to look good the longest for a car that lives outside, and silver came up the winner. I also like the neutral silver and grey best as I am less likely to get tired of them. They may be a little boring to start but are classic. Also IMO they add a hint of class as alluded to above by Under_Score.
I hear ya. That's why my 2012 Fit Sport MT Polished Metal Metallic is on order

Old 05-26-2012, 07:45 PM
if I have to get another fit... it will be in blue raspberry metallic.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shadowplay
I hear ya. That's why my 2012 Fit Sport MT Polished Metal Metallic is on order
Yeah, I agonized over the silver VS gray. Either one is gorgeous and you are going to love it!

Another consideration is the type of maintenance you are willing to do, and as in my case whether or not you have a carport or other shelter. Some colors like black are a maintenance nightmare.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:12 PM
wow, that blue raspberry looks great..... i've never seen one in person.

that, or white. ftw.

silver/grey doesn't show the cars lines off, and is pretty generic. so many grey/silver boring hondas.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Nicotine
wow, that blue raspberry looks great..... i've never seen one in person.

that, or white. ftw.

silver/grey doesn't show the cars lines off, and is pretty generic. so many grey/silver boring hondas.
I have seen the blue raspberry and it is very pretty. However to me something that unique and trendy could end up looking dated in a few years...maybe not a concern for someone else, like if you don't plan on keeping the car a long time. Yes the silver is a little boring sometimes, but some of us may prefer a more anonymous look...and yeah I am kind of a boring person anyway... To each their own, and fortunately there is a choice of colors.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Milano Red for me. Makes it look like a little rocket.

Black looks awesome on the Fit but I've had enough of black....I've owned 4 black cars and they are awful on the upkeep. Never mind "keeping them clean" - they show every single nick, chip, etc.

Interestingly my cousin works at Ford in the Paint booth (Oakville) and says that flat colours - red, black, white, etc - are far more durable than Metallic and provide a more even coat. I have no way to prove this but it isn't the first time I've heard it, and I have noticed that chips down to bare metal seem to be more noticable on cars I've owned with metallic paint....

Quick Reply: Best Looking Color for the 2012 Sport