2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

So happy to have my Fit back after trading for a Prius c!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by ian-white
I know how you feel im rounding the end of my long deployment and all the guys think my fit is a Prius and they are like that's a fruity car and it looks so slow. Yet i sit here and laugh because they wont know until they drive one. I have paid it off within a year of having my 2010 SSM and have purchased many upgrades and can not wait to get back and drive it then put everything on and have my fun with my fit!!
It's always funny if some of those people making fun of it ever need help hauling or moving something, then they're pretty amazed at what you can "fit" in the Fit lol!! That's sweet that it's paid off, enjoy your Fit time!!

Old 04-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by sfar785
it actually really was fun, here's what i liked:
-pretty quick for what it was
-very simplified gauge cluster and interior (sportbike inspired, which i loved)
-very "nimble", kinda seemed to handle better than the Fit
-138hp 125/tq
-17" painted wheels (come silver with option of black for an extra $700)
-the LTZ base MSRP was $17,900 with the 1.4 Turbo and vinyl (fake leather, but hell it looked nice) interior.

The Sonic had a lot of nice stuff about it BUT the bad outweighed the good for us

-Although the interior looked nice, it felt really cheap and i couldn't trust putting my daughters carseat in the rear because we were afraid it would destroy the vinyl.
-turbo started spooling at 5500rpm's and the electronic rev limiter kicked in at 6200rpm's....700rpms to play with isn't good, not worth tuning yet either
-lack of aftermarket support is unbelievable, there is almost NOTHING out for it yet but that can be expected for a brand new car.
-5x105 lug pattern which the only other popular car to share this is the Chevy Cruze, so aftermarket wheels are rare and lug conversions are expensive.

ther's so many more things but i don't wanna bore anyone, lets just say we went with a Fit over the Sonic and we would have taken a Mini Cooper S over the Sonic as well (if it wasn't for that damn Flavor Flav gauge cluster they have.)
The Fit should be much more reliable than both of them as well with minimal maintenence which is a double bonus!