2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

I'm dumb with wheels, please help me

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
Red face I'm dumb with wheels, please help me

I'm buying a set of konig rated r tomorrow 4x100 16x7 with tires and I wanted to know if I could use my stock lugnuts with my wheels? I heard that we have to buy acorn shaped but I'm not sure where to get a good relatively cheap reliable lug nut? (12mm x 1.50 lug) I found some gorilla ones on ebay that were cheap but it has mixed reviews. Thank you!

Also, does anyone know if 205/40/17 45+ offset will rub on swift springs?

Please help me, I am a total noob! Also what should I look for when I am inspecting the wheels (they are used)? I know bends are dangerous and what else leaks? This is my first aftermarket wheel on any car. If anyone could just send me in the right direction~

Last edited by pandayun; 04-04-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:59 PM
FALCON PUNCH!!
5 Year Member
Since you're using aftermarket wheels it would be wiser to use aftermarket lug nuts rather than the stock ones that have. The aftermarket lug nuts are tapered (left) whereas the stock ones are more acorn-shaped like you mentioned

I've bought lug nuts from $20 all the way up to $150. For you I would recommend some Muteki lug nuts, just make sure they are 12 x 1.5 (this refers to the thread count of the lug stud)

I highly doubt you will rub on those specs, at one point I had Progress springs (which lower the car more than Swift) and +42 offset and NEVER rubbed, even on big dips.

In addition to everything else you mentioned about inspecting wheels, make sure there are no weld marks either, all tires match as far as brand, size, etc, and make sure the wheels are all the same as well (check the stamps on the back of the wheel)

Hope this helps and good luck!

Old 04-05-2012, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by avocado123
Since you're using aftermarket wheels it would be wiser to use aftermarket lug nuts rather than the stock ones that have. The aftermarket lug nuts are tapered (left) whereas the stock ones are more acorn-shaped like you mentioned

I've bought lug nuts from $20 all the way up to $150. For you I would recommend some Muteki lug nuts, just make sure they are 12 x 1.5 (this refers to the thread count of the lug stud)

I highly doubt you will rub on those specs, at one point I had Progress springs (which lower the car more than Swift) and +42 offset and NEVER rubbed, even on big dips.

In addition to everything else you mentioned about inspecting wheels, make sure there are no weld marks either, all tires match as far as brand, size, etc, and make sure the wheels are all the same as well (check the stamps on the back of the wheel)

Hope this helps and good luck!
Thank you so much! You've helped me tremendously! So do I buy tapered or acorn style for aftermarket wheels? Do you think gorilla lug nuts are ok? Thanks again for your help!!! Im excited for my te37s knock offs lol (college budget )

Old 04-05-2012, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pandayun
I'm buying a set of konig rated r tomorrow 4x100 16x7 with tires and I wanted to know if I could use my stock lugnuts with my wheels? I heard that we have to buy acorn shaped but I'm not sure where to get a good relatively cheap reliable lug nut? (12mm x 1.50 lug) I found some gorilla ones on ebay that were cheap but it has mixed reviews. Thank you!

Also, does anyone know if 205/40/17 45+ offset will rub on swift springs?

Please help me, I am a total noob! Also what should I look for when I am inspecting the wheels (they are used)? I know bends are dangerous and what else leaks? This is my first aftermarket wheel on any car. If anyone could just send me in the right direction~

contact koenig to find out for sure whay the seats of wheel nuts those were designed for. there are 3 types of seats - 45 degree, 60 degree, and oval or acorn tho its sometimes difficult to tell just whats being advertised so make sure.
as for fit, you need to know the drop of the springs; its careful that your tire is wider but half inch less diameter, thats one-quarter inch less tall so the fender closes up on the tire quickly. .but the 45 mm offset has the best chance.