2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Need help picking a color for my Fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Need help picking a color for my Fit

Hey guys.. I have not yet bought a Fit... Im about to, just trying to decide on a color. I was hoping someone could help me out.

On the Honda website, if you use the build you own feature for the Fit, the blue raspberry metallic color appears to be totally different then pictures of it that I have seen on these forums, and elsewhere. I can't figure out if that is some kind of mistake on Honda's part, or if they have changed that color a bit, or if that's the same as the pics on the forum and its just one of these colors that looks that drastically different in different kinds of light. My local dealer does not have one that color in stock for me to check out ahead of time.

I will put it this way, I like the color on Honda's website... the pics on thse forums... not so much .

Could someone take a look and tell me If I'm crazy?

Old 04-03-2012, 10:13 PM
ltd
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
Hey guys.. I have not yet bought a Fit... Im about to, just trying to decide on a color. I was hoping someone could help me out.

On the Honda website, if you use the build you own feature for the Fit, the blue raspberry metallic color appears to be totally different then pictures of it that I have seen on these forums, and elsewhere. I can't figure out if that is some kind of mistake on Honda's part, or if they have changed that color a bit, or if that's the same as the pics on the forum and its just one of these colors that looks that drastically different in different kinds of light. My local dealer does not have one that color in stock for me to check out ahead of time.

I will put it this way, I like the color on Honda's website... the pics on thse forums... not so much .

Could someone take a look and tell me If I'm crazy?
Yes the Honda web site for that color is off. If you did not like this color on some people posted it on this site then you will not like it when you see it with your own eyes. I had this color on my car, at first : I did not like it, but as days go by I started like it. and now it is my lovely color to my eyes.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Both the Blue Raspberry and the Orange Burst Metallic appear very different in various lighting as you suggested.

Looking through the various photos on this forum should give you a better idea than the Honda website.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
You can check out real pictures for each of the 2012 colors here:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ur-colors.html

My Advice: Choose wisely, and consider all the colors. The (Alabaster) Silver is the most practical in that it is relatively easy to keep looking clean, and it reflects light well to keep the car cooler, but it is also the least interesting. I suggest losing at least 2 nights of sleep before you pull the trigger.

Last edited by Under_Score; 04-03-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Threw in $0.02
Old 04-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Milano Red no contest

Last edited by krunk13; 04-04-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Polished metal metallic. nice colour that is a bit darker than storm silver and a lot darker than alabaster silver.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
Take a look at your local dealers and see what they have on the lot. It's a hell of a lot easier to buy a car that's already there, and sometimes they'll bend a bit more to get the car sold. So I urge you to get to your local dealer[s] and see what's sitting there just waiting to be taken home. Especially if you might be open to any color. Good luck.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:55 AM
It was an unorthodox color to choose, given my usual boring personality, but orangeburst mettalic really does stand out positively. Especially given sunrise and sunset. And its the fastest Fit color

Old 04-04-2012, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Euromedic
It was an unorthodox color to choose, given my usual boring personality, but orangeburst mettalic really does stand out positively. Especially given sunrise and sunset. And its the fastest Fit color
I have to agree this latest shade of orange/copper/bronze is truly striking ! You also can not go wrong with classic white.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Definately go to a local dealership to check the colors. Even if they don't have the raspberry blue. You'll at least get to check out all the other colors. Some pics aren't as they appear so I say go to the dealership.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
Silver would've been my second choice. But I sprung for the Vortex Blue and I've never regretted it. It's a bit more difficult to keep clean, but not as bad as black. Vortex Blue is a classy color which makes the car seem more "upscale" than it really is.

White = Appliance
Silver = Forgettable
Red = Sporty
Orange = Showy
Blue Raspberry = Girly

Black = Hot, Difficult to Clean
Polished Metal = Classy, but Difficult to Clean

Old 04-04-2012, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
^^ That's the way I feel about PMM. RB or OR may be fun and cool colors and it's good they have them. But at 49, you want sporty with a classy look as well. PMM delivers.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
^^ That's the way I feel about PMM. RB or OR may be fun and cool colors and it's good they have them. But at 49, you want sporty with a classy look as well. PMM delivers.
At 69 Taffy white does it for me

Name:  017.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  53.5 KB

Old 04-04-2012, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
MY baby 2012 cvt/sport/with nav
Name:  download.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  69.4 KB

Old 04-04-2012, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
Car color is such a personal choice. Whatever you decide, you have to live with the color. The only color I could not live with is black-- too hard to keep clean, too hot in the summer.
I was glad Honda made the Fit in Tidewater Blue in 2010 when I got my car-kind of like silver with a bit more color.

Name:  fitview.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  115.5 KB

Old 04-04-2012, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
^^When I got my 09 they had TWB in the showroom and they were really trying to sell me that one. I toiled over that color quite a bit. I tried to like it, I really did. But it's just too feminine a color for a guy. Decidedly a girls color, to me. I ordered silver storm and a week later I had the color I really wanted all along. When I traded for the 2012, even though I was pissed silver storm was gone, they had a PMM with navi, which is what I wanted. Great color that's light enough not to have to clean all the time. Alabaster leaned too far white for me. Thank goodness for PPM.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Blue Raspberry = Gulf of Mexico

I just bought a Blue Raspberry Fit Sport two days ago. Love the color. The website doesn't do it justice. Not to get too romantic about it, but the color reminds of the water at, say, Gulf Shores, Alabama. I'm glad I waited for one.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
I have to agree this latest shade of orange/copper/bronze is truly striking ! You also can not go wrong with classic white.
Not here in Florida, I went into the dealership Feb 23, said I wanted white and they couldn't get one, But if I took the grey one on the lot he would double the price for my tradein.
Decided to place order. month later called dealer and he said build date would be April 17, 3-5 days to ship, 2-4 wks until it gets to the dealership, even though he has my deposit, when I said he won't met the two month contracted date of delivery. Is that a problem? Cancel.

Last edited by DaveFL; 04-05-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
Also think about what mods you want to do. I wanted a black car, but after seeing carbon fiber on the white I kindof wish I had gone that route.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
Car color is such a personal choice. Whatever you decide, you have to live with the color. The only color I could not live with is black-- too hard to keep clean, too hot in the summer.
I was glad Honda made the Fit in Tidewater Blue in 2010 when I got my car-kind of like silver with a bit more color.

Looks great!! My wife really loves the color of your car. She saw one the other day and couldn't stop talking about it.

Quick Reply: Need help picking a color for my Fit