2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Hello all - Intro and some questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 09:58 AM
TJY
Hello all - Intro and some questions

Hey guys/gals... I am new to the forum, and a proud new owner of a 2010 red Fit Sport (16K miles). Going to be taking a lot of pics today and will post some up asap.

Came with some of the factory accessories, mugen kit+grill, floormats, mirror cover and floor illumination. Also picked up some other misc goodies, but my real concern is on the wheels and suspension. Been trying to research here, but there is a lot of info and opinion, which has made it hard to nail down a plan.

My goal is 17in wheel diam, modest drop (thinking swift sport) so far. My main concerns are rubbing and camber wear. From the research, camber doesnt seem to be discussed when talking about rubbing, so I want to make sure that I understand.

If I want absolutely no rubbing, no matter how hard i drive it, and want the camber to be perfect, will I need camber bolts with the swift springs? Will the camber adjustment then cause rubbing? Specific wheel width needed to make this happen? Some guidance would be greatly approcaiated, I;d like to get everything needed ordered asap.

Also, stock "sport" shocks/struts will work no problem with the swift sport springs? They feel prety good, so I dont see a need to replace them unless needed.