2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Less than 100 miles and can;t stand the seats!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Are you sure it was 06 you were in Thailand, I did not see you there
What I want now is one of those little vans they had there, the micro vans, great vehicles.

I have a 2011 Fit and at first I thought the seats sucked and was going to do something with them. I have gotten use to them and no longer feel the need for any modifications. They are not great seats just useable.

After one year I have decided that the seat cloth and carpets really suck. No excuse for that c&$p.
JIm

Old 03-30-2012, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
1 - Raise front of seat. Put two or three washers under the front rails. The front seat bolts come out easliy
nitpick, but 12Fit seems to be saying that there's too much thigh support, rather than not enough. Dunno how that could happen, but if so, then raising the back would make more sense than raising the front.
Originally Posted by '12Fit
I just purchased a Fit and can not bare the seats. I don't get it, they are worst than sitting on a sheet of plywood. The problem stems from too much pressure on the upper thighs.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
2012 with 4k so far there fine to me and my fat ass is 5'9 195 shoot i think they were way better then my old 2010 civic si they just go flat everytime u sit in the seat but my rear subframe took a shit failed spot weld lemmon it got my FIt now love this shit

Old 03-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by jjrbus
Are you sure it was 06 you were in Thailand, I did not see you there
What I want now is one of those little vans they had there, the micro vans, great vehicles.

I have a 2011 Fit and at first I thought the seats sucked and was going to do something with them. I have gotten use to them and no longer feel the need for any modifications. They are not great seats just useable.

After one year I have decided that the seat cloth and carpets really suck. No excuse for that c&$p.
JIm
I guess you missed me in '06, '08 and '09. Ya those little vans are cool!

Old 03-30-2012, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
I drive a '09 and i realized the proper way to sit in the seats for us taller guys is to have the seat bottom maxed to the rear on the rails and the seat's back on a slight upright position.

it's more of a race seat position than some chollo lean like so many other car's seats.

my driver's seat has molded to my shape after 80k miles and i feel like the seat hugs me as a welcome for coming back and driving it every time I get in.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Welcome to my world....

New FIT owner, hate the seats, looking for advise....

IMO, the only good long term sollution is replacing the seat(s) with something else. Raising the front with washers helps a tiny bit, but not enough to solve the problem. Sucks, because it's a fantastic car in every other regard. If they were adjustable the problem would be solved.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:45 PM
I finally bought an Obus Forme Custom Backrest Support and Seat. My 9-hour drives are so much more comfortable and I feel more rested. Gone is the numbness in my legs that I used to experience regularly.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Potenza
Welcome to my world....

New FIT owner, hate the seats, looking for advise....

IMO, the only good long term sollution is replacing the seat(s) with something else. Raising the front with washers helps a tiny bit, but not enough to solve the problem. Sucks, because it's a fantastic car in every other regard. If they were adjustable the problem would be solved.
I am experiencing exactly the same issues you have. I'm thinking about the Clazzio seat covers. Have you tried anything yet?

Old 03-30-2012, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
6'4 & 305 here.. no problem with my 2008...

Old 03-31-2012, 01:30 AM
I am experiencing exactly the same issues you have. I'm thinking about the Clazzio seat covers. Have you tried anything yet?
I haven't done anything yet. It's been put on hold until Kart season gets underway and my M3 is sold. As a temporary sollution I have been folding up a towel and putting it under my legs at the front edge of the seat to give some leg support.

I don't plan to even try seat covers. I don't like leather/pvc and a cover isn't going to change the over all ergonomics of the seat whatsoever.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
I have to have it adjusted fairly upright in mine, as others have mentioned, in order to be comfortable. I sit like that anyways, so it's no big deal, but when I tried reclining it some on a road trip, it was painful. I have no real complaints about the comfort, being that the car is a subcompact. Lexus makes some of the comfiest thrones in the biz, so keep that in mind.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:35 AM
Banned
I coulldn't stand the stock seat either so I just replaced it. Best mod I've ever done to a car.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
5' 11" 165 lbs .... no issues with seats

Old 04-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Chad, how did you get around the sensors?

Old 04-02-2012, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
I just purchased a Fit and can not bare the seats. I don't get it, they are worst than sitting on a sheet of plywood. The problem stems from too much pressure on the upper thighs. I am sorry I did not notice this on the test drive. I just got out from a 45 minute drive and my legs feel like I ran 10 miles!

I am not sure if previous years are this bad but does anyone else with a '12 Fit have these complaints? I tried many different seating positions and nothing helps. Does anyone have experience with the Cazzio seat covers helping?

I recommend you visit another dealer or used car lot with Fits and check their seats for comparison. It is possible that you have a damaged seat.
Did you buy new or used?

Old 04-02-2012, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
My Fit is by far the least comfortable car I've owned in terms of seats. HATE the stock seats, but too lazy to do anything about it. I don't have the same issue as you though, just lower back pain.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by mahout
I recommend you visit another dealer or used car lot with Fits and check their seats for comparison. It is possible that you have a damaged seat.
Did you buy new or used?

Brand new, 30 miles on the clock.

I've been driving nearly 21 years and have owned a ridiculous amount of vehicles. These are by far the worst seats. I will say however they are getting a bit better after a few hundred miles. I love the rest of the car though!

Old 04-03-2012, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
Why does everyone come onto an enthusiasts site and complain. You wont find a sympathetic ear here. We love the fit. If you dont like something, change it. get a different seat, change seat position, get a different car. Please stop comparing our cars to a luxury land yacht

Old 04-03-2012, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by wontfit
Why does everyone come onto an enthusiasts site and complain. You wont find a sympathetic ear here. We love the fit. If you dont like something, change it. get a different seat, change seat position, get a different car. Please stop comparing our cars to a luxury land yacht
Thank you, that was helpful!

Old 04-03-2012, 02:03 AM
I've had mixed results. I'm 6'0, 185 lbs, and 23 years old, but I have lower back pain all the time due to lifestyle and scoliosis. I've done several long trips and found that the seats were bearable if I adjusted them every few hours, so there wasn't constant pressure on the same part of my spine. Stiffly upright back seems to be the way to go, and it would also seem to work for you, taking pressure off of your thighs.

Quick Reply: Less than 100 miles and can;t stand the seats!