2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2012 Base to sport....few things.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Question 2012 Base to sport....few things.

Has anyone here ever replaced their base front bumper and side skirt with a sport one? I was thinking of doing it to mine in the near future. I'm just curious how much this costs, and if the Honda dealer will do it because I really don't want to get into this sort of project again and screw something up (I did with my 94 Accord Wagon, absolute nightmare) This is a 2012, so it will need the new sport grille too, along with the fog light feature on the light switch. So all that together, what do you think it would cost?

Probably wondering why I didn't just get a sport? It was hard enough to get approved by Honda, plus the base gets better mpg I suppose, the gray interior is nice too. It was hard enough getting approved by Honda anyways, I'm young, my payment is $409 on a base fit as it is.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
The front bumper would be pretty easy.

The skirts, you may want to have a body shop do...or at least an experienced friend.

For the fogs, you'll probably have to buy the whole kit.

I would check out bernardiparts.com and see if you can find the part numbers and/or prices on there. If not, give them a call.

Looking at Bernardi...

(Interior/Bumper--scroll to the bottom to select bumper)
Looks like the bumper itself is 171 but plus oversized shipping and needs paint and 8 for tow hook cover.

(Interior/Bumper--scroll down to select Front Grille)
Grille and all things that go with it about 90

(Interior Bumper--scroll down to select molding)
The skirts don't seem to be in stock in your color right now...but the colors they do have in stock vary from 160 per side to 208 per side and then a few various clips.

Fogs are $300 just for the housings and lenses. Idk about the wiring. It may be there ready to plug and play, but probably not--chances are you'd have to buy a kit or at least connectors.
Looks like total without paint would be around $800-$1000 (depending on if you could get the skirts in your color and what price). If you couldn't get them in your color then you'd need them painted and installed.

I'm thinking you'd be around $1500 give or take.

Last edited by Btrthnezr3; 03-14-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
Not to be a dick, but why did you insist on getting a car you're not happy with and could barely afford?

Old 03-17-2012, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
$409!!!

Old 03-17-2012, 02:58 PM
At those prices for the parts you really should have got a sport to begin with.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:48 PM
^ Same alleykat from houston-imports? What's up man?

Damn $409 is hella expensive for a monthly payment, why didn't you buy used?

Old 03-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by heyitsryan

Damn $409 is hella expensive for a monthly payment, why didn't you buy used?
From his posts elsewhere, a bankruptcy immediately prior drove up the interest rate.

That said, with that kind of monthly payment, I'd pass on pointless plastic bits for the car and focus on paying down the debt.

If you actually need fog lights, I'd get the kit for the base and install it. But I'd really consider paying down debt/building up savings first.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by malraux
That said, with that kind of monthly payment, I'd pass on pointless plastic bits for the car and focus on paying down the debt.

If you actually need fog lights, I'd get the kit for the base and install it. But I'd really consider paying down debt/building up savings first.
That's the smart move.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Because I needed a car fast, my 94 Accord Wagon had too many problems and I didn't have enough money at the moment because I had just got a job, and when you have no credit, a brand new car is the easier than getting approved for like a 2003 car even. You can't buy a used Honda through the finance program.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:56 PM
But yeah I think I'll just deal with it for now, maybe get some tint, visors, and mudflaps. Just to make it look a bit less basic, these would be good things to have anyways.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
Not trying to threadjack but you should snap some pics of your Raspberry and post it to the new Official Blue Raspberry thread. So far its just been me thats posted LOL! I know there are a few of us on here with that color.

Back on topic, I really wanted a Base BRM Fit, but going without things like a leather wrapped steering wheel and wheel-mounted audio controls was just too much for me to bear. I like the design of the Base better (just a cleaner design). I would have had to add the fog light kit, some decent wheels, etc to be happy with it. Anyway, Fits are kickass, no matter what trim level!

Doug

Old 03-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by heyitsryan
Yep finally joined officially

Old 03-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by ded1982
Not trying to threadjack but you should snap some pics of your Raspberry and post it to the new Official Blue Raspberry thread. So far its just been me thats posted LOL! I know there are a few of us on here with that color.

Back on topic, I really wanted a Base BRM Fit, but going without things like a leather wrapped steering wheel and wheel-mounted audio controls was just too much for me to bear. I like the design of the Base better (just a cleaner design). I would have had to add the fog light kit, some decent wheels, etc to be happy with it. Anyway, Fits are kickass, no matter what trim level!

Doug
Wanna trade then? hahaha. It does have a bit of a cleaner look I will say that!

Old 03-17-2012, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
Ehhhh I'm good!

Old 03-17-2012, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Hmm...I like the base blue raspberry Fits except for the wheel covers.

If I had a blue raspberry base, I'd just swap the wheels, do a tint, add mudguards and be done with it.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Yeah see that's what I'm thinking, I think some alloys would be a HUGE improvement. The tint and mudguards I'm planning as well. Although I could get a Fit sport after I refinance mine but I'm too attached to the car now......I'd hate to see her go.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by ded1982
Ehhhh I'm good!
Do you think the fabric is higher quality in the sport?

Old 03-17-2012, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueRaspberryFit
Do you think the fabric is higher quality in the sport?
I think they are just a different color. Actually the grey probably shows less dirt and hairs than the black on the Sport. I have a 2010 sport, I like the fog lights & rear spoiler, but do not like the side skirts.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Really? I feel the bottom looks to bare. As long as I'm still in Maine for a while I suppose not having them is a good thing, I don't think I can install them anyways. There is some plugs on the rocker but they don't look like the same bracket openings on the sport.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueRaspberryFit
Really? I feel the bottom looks to bare. As long as I'm still in Maine for a while I suppose not having them is a good thing, I don't think I can install them anyways. There is some plugs on the rocker but they don't look like the same bracket openings on the sport.
You can install all 4 splash guards on the base, if you think it looks too bare. I like the look of splash/mud flaps, but you can only do the oem guards on the rear on the Sport model.

Quick Reply: 2012 Base to sport....few things.