2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2012 Base to sport....few things.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Yeah I was thinking of doing that.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Maybe I'll just get a sport at the end of the year, sounds better than a big project and 1 mpg better.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
If you really like the Sport-- it is about $1700 more than the base - for me it was totally worth the additional price, since in 2010 the Base didn't even come with cruise control. Spread out over a 5 year loan it isn't that much more.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
Go w/ a JDP base lip if you want a different look...they're nice.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:45 PM
I'd consider that without a doubt! Anything I could do about a side skirt?

Last edited by BlueRaspberryFit; 03-18-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Yeah I just checked it out, they do look nice!

Old 03-18-2012, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
Idk. You have a few options: Honda, or Extreme Dimensions is selling a kit of some sort. I'm not sure what kind of quality you're looking for, but there's at least a couple options.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
go with the mugen skirts, they dont require drilling the square holes, this is what im doing for my conversion. they may seem more up front, but after the extra labour and cost of clips etc for the oem one, i think the price difference is worth it.

check out this thread if youre still going to convert

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-part-ids.html

Old 06-17-2012, 08:09 PM
I don't know what I'm going to do at this point, I may get a Civic or Fit sport or just keep my Fit later on this year. Not sure yet.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by BlueRaspberryFit
Maybe I'll just get a sport at the end of the year, sounds better than a big project and 1 mpg better.
I went from a Base to a Sport. Best move I could have made. Considering what you get, it is a pretty good deal for the price difference. Plus it handles a lot better. I should have bought the Sport in the first place, instead of trying to save a few bucks that I ended up spending later.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by flygirl
I went from a Base to a Sport. Best move I could have made. Considering what you get, it is a pretty good deal for the price difference. Plus it handles a lot better. I should have bought the Sport in the first place, instead of trying to save a few bucks that I ended up spending later.

Cool, for me it makes more sense to do the conversion. I bought the lx in Canada which is basically loaded up like a sport minus the rsb, front bumper and skirts, and cost thousands less. I also wanted a 2012 ( quieter, more features etc and a brand new car), but I didn't like the look of the 2012 sport over the 2011 one. The way Im going, I end up with exactly what I want. Yes it's a bit of work, but it's all in good fun.

Also adding a navi too, a feature they don't have in Canada

Old 06-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by connor55
Cool, for me it makes more sense to do the conversion. I bought the lx in Canada which is basically loaded up like a sport minus the rsb, front bumper and skirts, and cost thousands less. I also wanted a 2012 ( quieter, more features etc and a brand new car), but I didn't like the look of the 2012 sport over the 2011 one. The way Im going, I end up with exactly what I want. Yes it's a bit of work, but it's all in good fun.

Also adding a navi too, a feature they don't have in Canada
If you are willing to do the work, and you get it the way you want, go for it.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by flygirl
If you are willing to do the work, and you get it the way you want, go for it.
If you don't mind me asking flygirl, was your base model all payed off when you switched or were you making payments and you just switched? I've been paying mine since January and I feel like I couldn't do it, I feel like I wouldn't be able to and/or I'd "lose my shirt" lol. I know little about buying/financing cars, that's why I ended up with one I didn't want so much.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by kgb4187
Not to be a dick, but why did you insist on getting a car you're not happy with and could barely afford?
Hey Bluerasberryfit! I hope you find a solution to your problem. I betcha anything that a little time will reveal the right thing to do for you. Whatever you decide to do please post some nice before and after pics please.

One thing to consider is that Honda is kinda stingy about the stock level availability of new Fits in my neck of the woods anyway. So in the end it might be a cool base...but better then having to settle for a Nissan!

PS I wouldn't pay any heed at all to people who give you crap on this site.

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 06-17-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by Dwalbert320
Hey Bluerasberryfit! I hope you find a solution to your problem. I betcha anything that a little time will reveal the right thing to do for you. Whatever you decide to do please post some nice before and after pics please.

One thing to consider is that Honda is kinda stingy about the stock level availability of new Fits in my neck of the woods anyway. So in the end it might be a cool base...but better then having to settle for a Nissan!

PS I wouldn't pay any heed at all to people who give you crap on this site.
Oh absolutely! Yeah I try not to pay much attention to negative people. I talked to the guy that sold me my Fit the other day and he said there's not many Honda's due to the earthquake, especially Fits, I mean those are made right in Japan! I'd like a sport, I may end up test driving one but either way yeah better than any other car!

Old 06-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Oh absolutely! Yeah I try not to pay much attention to negative people. I talked to the guy that sold me my Fit the other day and he said there's not many Honda's due to the earthquake, especially Fits, I mean those are made right in Japan! I'd like a sport, I may end up test driving one but either way yeah better than any other car!
From what I've read on different sites and blogs, Honda will only be sending a few Fits at a time to maintain a bare minimum of it's market share until the production line comes on-line in Mexico in 2014. Which means you may have one of the last few fits ever made in Japan sold to the US market. Mine was made in China. No problems yet. Very happy with mine.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
If you don't mind me asking flygirl, was your base model all payed off when you switched or were you making payments and you just switched? I've been paying mine since January and I feel like I couldn't do it, I feel like I wouldn't be able to and/or I'd "lose my shirt" lol. I know little about buying/financing cars, that's why I ended up with one I didn't want so much.
Just my thoughts, but if youve only begun paying off the car, its probably better not to trade it in for a new sport. ive heard that dealerships try to lump the remainder of the old loan(minus whatever you get for it) onto the new loan. this just translates to more interest being paid...

Old 06-18-2012, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dwalbert320
From what I've read on different sites and blogs, Honda will only be sending a few Fits at a time to maintain a bare minimum of it's market share until the production line comes on-line in Mexico in 2014. Which means you may have one of the last few fits ever made in Japan sold to the US market. Mine was made in China. No problems yet. Very happy with mine.

ooh another chinese made fit! join the club! mine is working fine too. i think they have japanese quality control experts at the chinese factories to make sure the quality standard is the same... as far as i know

edit: oops sorry double posting

Old 06-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by connor55
Just my thoughts, but if youve only begun paying off the car, its probably better not to trade it in for a new sport. ive heard that dealerships try to lump the remainder of the old loan(minus whatever you get for it) onto the new loan. this just translates to more interest being paid...
You're probably right! And I am glad I got a Japanese Fit, the thought of them being made in Mexico makes me feel a bit uneasy, like maybe this is the last Fit I'll buy. 90's VW's were made in Mexico and they had a TON of problems. They were very unreliable. But my dad says knowing Honda they'll do a good job.