2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Did you know in Canada eh we get besides heated mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by canuck901
what's the device called that you purchased?
and where do i get one?
I believe it's the ATEQ TPMS Quickset (ATEQ TPMS Quickset Tool). I don't know where to buy it up in Canada though.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:48 PM
I luv the TPMS, it's good to know if you are driving on a low tire before you damage the wheel.
the only thing in when you change out your winter tires/RIMS it's a pain because they need to be reset again. The dealers usually just charge $30 for this in spring

Old 02-05-2012, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
what's the device called that you purchased?
and where do i get one?
It's called the ATEQ TPMS QuickSet. I bought it from TireRack but it doesn't appear that they sell it anymore. (No surprise as it's frustrating to get set up.)

I see that you can get it here: Untitled Page

I had to contact the manufacturer via Email to get a download link to the latest version of the software before it would work correctly.

The process is supposed to be that you plug the unit into the car and let it download the current sensor numbers from the computer into the summer or winter button on the tool. Then you plug it into your Windows computer and download the numbers into the software. You create a second set of sensors on the software and manually type in the second set of sensor numbers. Those are all then uploaded into the tool. At this point you're supposed to plug the tool into your car and press either the Sun or Snowflake button to upload those sensor numbers to the computer. (Whichever matches the sensors currently installed on the car.) Once you drive a couple blocks the TPMS light will turn off on the dash.

I had some problems getting it set up but on my third season with it and another software update it finally worked. Now I hope that I never, ever have to change sensors. I hate that the dealership charges $50 to change codes. Rip-off! It seems to work best with Windows XP. Vista and 7 are spotty.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:32 AM
5 Year Member
I luv the TPMS, it's good to know if you are driving on a low tire before you damage the wheel.
the only thing in when you change out your winter tires/RIMS it's a pain because they need to be reset again. The dealers usually just charge $30 for this in spring
Honda's implementation that 'requires' you to go to the dealer is ridiculous. The dealership here is the only one within an eight hour drive. (There might only be two in Alaska? Not sure.) The most popular tire shop in town had their own TPMS tools but they didn't work on my car. $50 to the local dealership and the light was off. I would think that tire shops would have the most up-to-date tools for this, especially considering some shops are open 24 hours a day at peak season.

Anyway! This particular tool is finicky. There may be another out there now.