2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

The END of FitDeez!!!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
this suck deez! i cant believe how metal just undid itself from the welds. my car is lowered on buddyclub n+ and i havent had a single problem. i hope you can get that fixed since your fit is one of the best looking GEs on the forum!

Old 01-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Keep us posted, modded or not I hope Honda stands behind our Fit

Old 01-11-2012, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
i agree that he took the chance when modding his car! yes. BUT, he doont race it, drive it crazy or offroad, and to top that off the man simply did what a gazillion others are doing without THIS issue arising! furthermore its not like he went with ebay cheap ass coilovers neither! BUDDY CLUBS ARE RESPECTABLE! at least theyre price is! i mean basically he went with a trusted brand name! did buddy club provide you with new shock absorber pads? did they fail resulting in this damage? jus sayin cause if they provided replacements over the stock ones, and you had it proffessionally installed at a shop maybe they failed. maybe the shop installed something wrong. The ultimate blame may lay on you sir cause you did it all unfortunately, but i say no, i say this is a result of a manufacturers (hondas most likely, or bc wich i find hard to believe it would be bc!!) , or installers flaw(wheteher you or a shop) idk, but THATS far from normal! best of luck, insurance wise here theyd prob total it depending on if and how warped the frame/unibody may be after driving on it a bit too. you did mention ill fitting hood and whatnot! i know it dont appear to be even close to a total, but sometimes the smallest tweak to a frame/unibody will total em! wont know till it goes on a machine. jus sayin, pray for a total loss, then u can start over with 2012!! lol

Last edited by Jango_Fit; 01-11-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:57 AM
5 Year Member
Interesting. That piece, the front damper housing, is rated with a tensile strength of 270 MPa or 39160.1891871 psi. That is NOT one of the high tensile strength pieces of the uni-body. Still, could be a bad weld, it's not impossible.

As far as the manual is concerned, those welds don't exist. Those welds are a part of the larger front damper housing piece which the manual does not break down into it's component welds. Odds are those welds and the whole damper housing are made prior to the frame being assembled on the line.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 01-16-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by neteng101
Be a man - you don't see Lyon crying to Honda when he blew his blown engine. It does suck that it did happen though.
Made my day. Adapt and overcome. Still, even I would be shitting bricks in this situation. I can't think of any humanly possible way to correctly repair that to oem without completely removing the whole damper assembly. The least this will set you back diy is:

001 014 60650-TK6-A00ZZ View HOUSING, R. FR. SHOCK ABSORBER $132.33

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 01-16-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
Just checking in to see if a dealer has seen the car yet?

Old 01-16-2012, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
Not to be all "he said / she said", but I find it curious that a guy in another post (Cipher) was talking about his choice of wheels and said this about FitDeez's situation in this very thread:

"3. The shock tower thing? I Pmed the guy who had it separate, and it was because HE HIT A FKIN POT HOLE WITH A SLAMMED STIFF SUSPENTION CAR"

Not to believe what one dude said he got in a text from another, but either this Cipher guy is making shit up or fitdeez isn't quite opening up. Either way, shitty situation to an awesome ride. I sincerely hope everything works out.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
Good luck with the dealer and Honda. Sorry to see this happen.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Interesting shock tower design. Surprised the cap is held in with so few welds, seems like an area of the car that would be over built if anything.

I know about a month back I was driving on a new road/overpass and right as the road hits the bridge/overpass someone got lazy and there was a MASSIVE bump. (Were talking a 6-8 inch incline thats at 45 deg. sorta thing if you get what I mean... huge bump for the posted speeds...)

I managed to hit that as I was following a truck that didnt seem to give a damn and I bottomed out the OEM suspension HARD. No weird sounds from me so hopefully your car was a case of long term stress fatigue with the coils or just a bad weld.

Assuming Honda DOESNT help you out what are your plans? Take it to a body shop and get it reinforced and fixed?

Also does anyone think a front strut tower brace could help dissipate shock damage/fatigue to prevent this kinda failure?

Old 01-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Twin Stick Dodge Colt

In college, a good friend of mine had a Dodge Colt hatchback POC handed down from his father. He drove it down the walkways of Penn State campus and got caught by the campus police and then the state police. But my point.....his strut towers had totally rusted away! You could see str8 thru the wheel well into the engine compartment. I don't know how he managed to drive it thru 4 years!!!

Old 01-18-2012, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
I running bc n plus should I runn my damp softt or stiff help!!

Old 01-18-2012, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
Set them up soft so the springs will settle in faster and your butt won't take such a kicking.... It isn't all that cold down here but it is still enough that the oil in the dampers is thick and stiffens up the ride.... I'm having to do the same with mine so the springs will settle before I have the front end aligned.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
Looks like Honda is gunna say its your fault. They will think you're an idiot for trying to hide modified suspension. Just looking at your car even at stock height will still indicate to their minds that you've modified it in the past. Plus your height is low. Constant impact can cause stress all over the cars frame or body. Still I think you will lose at this battle. But you can try. I suggest going to a race shop that reinforces chassis and what not. Just my 2 cents bro.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
WOW thats crazy! i hope all goes well and gets fixed! gonna check momma's fit!

Old 01-19-2012, 02:55 PM
DANG!!! cant believe that happen to u man, but hope u get it fix

Old 01-22-2012, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
I'm still hoping for an update!

Old 01-22-2012, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
If he can't get the tower to the exact height at least his coilovers can adjust to compensate... I feel pretty sure that it can be fixed without going completely broke.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
If he can't get the tower to the exact height at least his coilovers can adjust to compensate... I feel pretty sure that it can be fixed without going completely broke.
put the car on jack stands, MiG/TiG welder, get a block of wood and a hammer?

Old 01-22-2012, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
put the car on jack stands, MiG/TiG welder, get a block of wood and a hammer?
It doesn't even have to be perfect since he has coil overs that can be adjusted... I should have said it could be fixed for very little cost or used the sarcasm icon.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
Well heres an update for those who wanted.
My car is out of warranty and is not covered by Honda and they saw all the signs that the car had different suspension.
This damage was not caused by having coilovers or having wide wheels it's came from hitting potholes and the damage became worse over time, probably starting by breaking a spot weld if I hit a bad pothole and So on until it got how it is now . They squeaking sound that I herd was the metal eating away at the coilover from it being shifted after an impact
Name:  065f8c2a.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  44.7 KB
Name:  e356a299.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  40.1 KB
Now the car is just sitting . I'm waiting for some time to get into a friends shop so I can remove the suspension align all the metal back together and weld it completely around instead of cheap ass tack welds and I will doing the same to the otherside as well

Quick Reply: The END of FitDeez!!!?