2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Circuit Hero (or whatever) shift extender in GE... Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Circuit Hero (or whatever) shift extender in GE... Pics?

Hey FF, i've had some sort of extender in just about every manual trans car i've had, and i've been wanting to get one for the Fit. 2010 GE Base, no armrest, old Mugen shift knob.

Thing is, i'm kind of worried i'm going to be hitting my hand on the climate control knobs when I shift 1-3-5 and i'm going to be hitting my elbow on my seatback on 2-4-R. I'd probably get a weighted knob if I got the extender. I don't really want a short shifter that reduces shifter height, is that H-Fit add-on any good? Supposedly keeps the same shifter height and reduces throw?

Pics? Input?

Old 01-04-2012, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
I just installed one after Christmas on my '09 Base with Mugen short shifter and Valor shift knob. The Mugen short shifter shortens the length of the throws a bit (but not the height of the shifter), so that might affect my results from stock a bit. Also my shift knob is really counter-bored where it screws on so it will definitely sit lower than a stock knob or even a blox knob, so that might affect my results from stock a bit too. But, overall it does not hit the climate knobs or cause my elbow to hit anything either--even with the optional center armrest (my elbow rests on top of it anyway). So, yes it fits great. But functionally, I'm not sure I'm a fan. I just can't get over the fact that it feels like shifting an old jeep. The throws are longer because of the geometry of a longer arm (even with the short shifter kit). Maybe I'll get used to it. Maybe I'll get rid of it. So far, I'm still in the trial mode. I'll take some pics and add to this post later tonight...

Old 01-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks Kitty! I prefer my throws a little longer.

My old Corolla
Name:  DSCF0340.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  334.9 KB

Excuse the dirt, it was pretty slutty.

I'm glad to hear that your elbow is OK even with the armrest. I guess i'd probably be using a Blox knob or something so i'm assuming that won't be that tall and decently countersunk so i'm hoping it'll all be ok.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Cool man. Here are two pics I took tonight of my setup. It's hard to really tell because it all depends on the perspective of the shot, but there's room for my hand under the climate control knob. These are in first gear.

Also, here's a link to someone's post on another forum that shows the difference in height between a blox and what I have (and a shot of the counter-bore). Not too drastic of a diff, but might be enough to make your hand hit the climate control.

Valor Shift Introducing "Steel Series" Shift Knobs - Page 5 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

Old 01-04-2012, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member

Here's the shift knob in my yazz. :P

Old 01-04-2012, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
@solbros.... Pabst Blue Ribbon and a fixed hub bicycle,Hmmm... You need to check out "hipster" in the Urban Dictionary... I'm thinking you might be one... I have the H-Fit device ( thanks Hayden) and a shifter extension I bought from Dr Doom (even though he said I was bad awhile back) and I think they work well together... Now if the H-Fit will fit a Revo shifter I got from Saved I'll be very happy... It puts the shift ball higher and easier to reach, requires you to move the ball further to get from one gear to the next but use less effort to do so.... If your tall and have a JDM console on a GD-3 you might find it as enjoyable a thing to have as I do.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
ahhahahahahahahhahahahha i SWEAR ive only ever had one pint of PBR ever!

Old 01-05-2012, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
I'm glad I'm to old and drink only imported beer or I could in some ways fit the Hipster profile somewhat.. I think I have at times in my life or some people may have thought so but I have known a lot of people like that mostly in the 70s and I was into progressive country music and hardcore Delta Blues at the time... That was when Lone Star Beer became a nationally recognized beer and another older Texas brew called Pearl Beer tried to go national... I was fortunate to get the title role of Luchenbach Texas Cowboy in the national promotion.. Pearl went out of business not long after that... They are still having music get togethers at Luchenbach a few times a year.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
So you were a hipster before it was cool? :P

Old 01-05-2012, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
To be honest with you I came home from Vietnam and was a social outcast because after awhile my hair was too long and I wasn't country acting enough to pick up girls at shit kicker dance halls and the rich North Dallas hippies brought out the red neck in me.... When Michael Martin Murphey, Ray Wiley Hubbard, Gary P.Nunn, Steven Fromholz B.W.Stephenson, Willy Nelson,and Waylon Jennings hooked up at the Armadillo World Headquarters in Austin and all of the rednecks, bikers and hippies discovered that drinking beer and smoking dope were cool do do together, things changed... Actually what was going on in Texas was a lot more mellow scene than California was in the mid to late 60s.... Austin attracted corporations and high paid executive types and the cool clubs that had become geared more toward blues acts were bought and ended up catering to the rich fat cats and everyone but Willy either died or got old... Austin is still weird but not like it was and much too costly for old hippies and rednecks to live and party in... Sorry about all of the labels, all of the cool people of all genres of weird can still recognize kindred spirits but they don't get out and about as much... Their hiding off of the beaten path, managed their money well and moved to Colorado, Hawaii or the North West or have died... We grew up in a strange time when a person could open a small business, be successful and send their kids to college without needing high interest student loans and go to the doctor without needing an insurance company to be the middle man that determined what treatment you received... We were told to believe in the God that the majority of the neighbors believed in, what color of people we could be friends with, commies hated us, God and everything good and then have an atomic bomb drill where we did the duck and cover drill in the hall way outside of the classroom.... It's been strange solbros.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by teamkitty
Cool man. Here are two pics I took tonight of my setup. It's hard to really tell because it all depends on the perspective of the shot, but there's room for my hand under the climate control knob. These are in first gear.

Also, here's a link to someone's post on another forum that shows the difference in height between a blox and what I have (and a shot of the counter-bore). Not too drastic of a diff, but might be enough to make your hand hit the climate control.

Valor Shift Introducing "Steel Series" Shift Knobs - Page 5 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
These are the exact pics I was looking for, thanks a ton! Kitty is that a Circuit Hero extender or another company? I ask because I didn't know they made black ones. I have been looking for one in black.

Also thanks Solbros and TC for the entertainment and socioeconomic banter

Old 01-05-2012, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
An old boy down in Austin set the folks at H-Fit straight on the dimensions needed to make their short shift kit to work on the GEs... Being that it shortens the distance of travel of the shift stick it may be enough to prevent hitting the dash with your hand... Ask Hayden if he thinks it will shorten travel enough to do the job... He's the guy in Austin.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
These are the exact pics I was looking for, thanks a ton! Kitty is that a Circuit Hero extender or another company? I ask because I didn't know they made black ones. I have been looking for one in black.

Yep it sure is. I actually ordered a regular one but I think they sent me a more expensive "limited edition" Gunmetal Anodized ones instead. Score!

CIRCUIT HERO - Rare Goods for Competition Spirits | PRODUCTS

Old 01-05-2012, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
Search for Sick Speed on ebay, they have shifter extender's in black for $16 shipped, I think they are aluminum, not steel, if you care.

Here's a link...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHIFT-KNOB-L...item56462af7e4

Last edited by ragingti; 01-05-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by teamkitty
Yep it sure is. I actually ordered a regular one but I think they sent me a more expensive "limited edition" Gunmetal Anodized ones instead. Score!

CIRCUIT HERO - Rare Goods for Competition Spirits | PRODUCTS
Originally Posted by ragingti
Search for Sick Speed on ebay, they have shifter extender's in black for $16 shipped, I think they are aluminum, not steel, if you care.

Here's a link...

SHIFT KNOB LEVER GEAR SHIFTER SELECTOR HANDLE EXTENSION 94MM EXTENDED LONG 3.75" | eBay
Thanks for the links!

Old 01-25-2012, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
IF YOU'RE STILL LOOKING buy this one - he's a badass!!!!
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/soca...ml#post1052099

Old 01-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Just buy a shift extender for a Wrangler. Worst case scenario, if you don't like it you're only out $10.

97-06 JEEP WRANGLER TJ Shifter Extension 3" shift lift | eBay

Old 01-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Leets
Just buy a shift extender for a Wrangler. Worst case scenario, if you don't like it you're only out $10.

Ah, was wondering what other cars share the same thread pitch. Thanks.

Glad to see there's cheaper versions, IMO $40 is ridiculous for something like this. I've seen people complain about Circuit Hero quality too on the internet (which must be true, I know ). How does the Circuit Hero one differ from any other piece of metal? I am curious why the justifcation to charge $40. inb4 "It's counterweighted and quality metal, low volume production, the dollar is bad, it's blessed by Buddhist Monks at Zojoji Temple".

I picked up my previous no-name extender from Super Autobacs for like $15 and it never broke. Will probably try the cheapo one. IIRC there's ones from that supplier on Ebay that are labeled "Honda" as well.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Leets

ha! i just bought one. thanks. i hope i don't bend it on the first shift.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by neil patrick harris
ha! i just bought one. thanks. i hope i don't bend it on the first shift.
Please update on quality when you get it, thanks for being a guinea pig.

I want to know before I invest my hard-earned $10.

Quick Reply: Circuit Hero (or whatever) shift extender in GE... Pics?