2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Looking for some car seat covers...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
Yeah!! The 8-10 weeks seem like they've been taking forever! I'm very excited. I got the Clazzio seatcovers
weeks? dang... my neoprenes took less than 2 weeks.

Clazzio must be backed-up the wazzu.

re: aesop

the coverkings also support the side airbags, though they aren't stitched. It's more like an opening for the airbag and an oversized flap you can tuck into the seat cover. A benefit is... the seat cover is still the same condition after a deployed side airbag... no need to re-stitch (or toss out). That assumes the Fit isn't wrecked, or if it is, you're buying another Fit.

Last edited by Goobers; 01-05-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah. They say they are custom, made to order covers.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:23 AM
5 Year Member
I need to modify my ebay sheepskin covers to allow the airbags to do their thing... Maybe I'll get aftermarket racing seats, harness, wheel and throw those damned bombs away.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I need to modify my ebay sheepskin covers to allow the airbags to do their thing... Maybe I'll get aftermarket racing seats, harness, wheel and throw those damned bombs away.
If you don't care for them... couldn't you just unplug them in the meantime?

Old 01-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by 2012FitFan
Congrats! Who did you order them from?
beangarage. I think he's in this forum too. really cool dude. actually ended up going with the all back pvc vinyl and they DO have them in stock so instead of 8-10 weeks, it should be here early next week.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by E46ToFIT
beangarage. I think he's in this forum too. really cool dude. actually ended up going with the all back pvc vinyl and they DO have them in stock so instead of 8-10 weeks, it should be here early next week.
Thanks! I just ent him a message.

I definitely want to see pics of your installed covers. I'm think of going all black pvc as well.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by 2012FitFan
Thanks! I just ent him a message.

I definitely want to see pics of your installed covers. I'm think of going all black pvc as well.
there should be pics if you do a search. also found this to help me during the install:
Clazzio Seat Cover Installation Common Problems - Backrest - YouTube

this video is more comprehensive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lziZL...4&feature=plcp

Last edited by E46ToFIT; 01-05-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by E46ToFIT
there should be pics if you do a search. also found this to help me during the install:
Clazzio Seat Cover Installation Common Problems - Backrest - YouTube

this video is more comprehensive: How to install the Clazzio car seat cover... - YouTube
Very nice and thanks a bunch!

Old 01-05-2012, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
I know that the bags reduce injuries in accidents when used with seat belts but safety legislation makes cars heavier which hurts performance handling, braking, fuel mileage and makes them more costly... Race cars don't have airbags and the drivers survive some horrible crashes... I wouldn't mind taking the time to strap myself into a harness instead of having airbags and having to pay the for them.. Cars would be a lot simpler and
to me better in many ways if the government didn't make things mandatory instead of having safety options that aren't as expensive.. The biggest problem is that people don't take driving seriously and drive like fools.. I think a lot of the reason is that they have an image of being invulnerable because of active safety features.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
I don't think that would be a very good idea. Your insurance policy premium is based on what you drive and it's included safety features. If you had an accident and they found the bags were intentionally disabled, the insurer could try to deny compensation for injuries.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
I drove for over 30 years before I owned a car with airbags... I liked the idea of having them in the cargo van I bought with them installed because it was a tin can... In a couple of months it will be 46 years that I have legally been driving and riding motorcycles with only one trip to the ER from being hit by a woman that made a left turn without having a green light in a controlled intersection.. I was in a 67 VW beetle and had a knee injury... That is it no other injury accidents on the road with hundreds of thousand miles in cars, trucks and motorcycles.. Instead of being forced to pay for cars that will allow a driver and passengers to survive accidents I think that people should be educated to be safer drivers that have their mind only on driving when behind the wheel.. Distractions like loud music and cell phone use should be against the law when a car is in motion and accident avoidance should be heavily stressed... Defensive driving should be taught to everyone on the road so they will be able to recognize a bad situation instead of everyone having to drive cars laden down with safety devices that come into service after a person has already messed up.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
This doesn't answer the OP's question because it doesn't pertain to rear covers, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

At Walmart, Meijer, even Menards, they have AE seat covers. The El Paso model fits the front seats of the fit- you'll have to cut a small hole for the arm rest- and the fold the arm rest up, and slide it through the hole as you pull the cover down. There are two models of El Paso- the ones with "smart seam" are the ones you want.

I realize most of you guys want really nice seat covers that fit great and look fabulous. I almost bought a set of coverkings myself... my reason for wanting seat covers is that I like to cut wood, and after a lot of cutting, I'm kinda messy, so i simply wanted to keep my seats clean. For $16 a pair, I wouldn't even wash the AE's, just throw them out and get another set. They will wrinkle a little bit, but overall will stay in place. The shape is about perfect. I see it this way- no, they're not high end, but they're a lot better than throwing a beach towel over the seats...

jeff