2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Newbie Here-

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Newbie Here-

Just got my Fit last night...and already having an issue. the TPMS light came on as I was driving into my office. ughh. I'm loving the roominess of this car, but I hope I won't have too many issues. Anyway

Old 12-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by E46ToFIT
Just got my Fit last night...and already having an issue. the TPMS light came on as I was driving into my office. ughh. I'm loving the roominess of this car, but I hope I won't have too many issues. Anyway
That, my friend, is a Honda customer satisfaction issue unless somehow
you ran over something that has caused a leak.

Take it back to the dealership immediately and firmly, but politely, demand
they go over the whole vehicle.

TPMS is supposed to be set during pre-delivery inspection which I'm willing
to bet was not done completely.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Sounds like they didn't top-up the tires properly. When the fill the tires in Japan, where it's 70 degrees, you can imagine the air would drop in pressure by the time it reaches the dealer lot in New Jersey, which is probably around 30 degrees outside?

They didn't top 'em up properly. A quick stop to the gas station air hose could fix it ... but it never hurts to go bug the dealer. They should've topped the tires up.

Had my '12 Fit since November, and I've had NO problems. My favorite car I've ever owned!

Enjoy!

Old 12-28-2011, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
another possibility if the outside temperature suddenly dropped, the TPMS light will go off. Mine does every year when it gets very cold. I add more air and it is good for many months.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
Paul56 is correct.

There are two indicators having to do with the tire pressure monitor system: the tire outline with an exclamation mark (kind of like a U with an ! in it) indicating one or more of the tires is below the threshold to activate the warning (about 28PSI); and the TPMS indicator (the letters "TPMS") indicating a problem with the system.

If the dealer didn't correctly initialize the system the TPMS light comes on.

Have a read of the pre-delivery bulletin in this thread (it's also stickied at the top of this forum) to see what else they might have missed. Only 2009 and 2010 are linked, but 2012 should be the same. The body plugs (for sealing holes in the underside for attaching shipping hold-down cables) and the rear tire "strakes" are two popular items for dealers to "forget."

Old 12-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by sooznd
another possibility if the outside temperature suddenly dropped, the TPMS light will go off. Mine does every year when it gets very cold. I add more air and it is good for many months.
^^^My money's on this^^^

Old 12-29-2011, 08:38 AM
I talked to a few of my co workers and they said to just take it back and demand a new car since I hadn't really put any significant mileage on it. Seeing that this is supposed to be a new car and I'm already having an issue with the TPMS(not the low tire pressure light), I didn't want to take any chances with my son in the car. The salesperson agreed and, after 4 hours of waiting and paperwork resigning, I got a brand new Fit, vortex blue. Im a happy camper now!

PS-They also gave me a full year's worth of oil changes(that should be about 2 for me) for my inconvenience.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
um. That's pretty amazing. I guess the first Fit hadn't imprinted on you yet.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Steve244
um. That's pretty amazing. I guess the first Fit hadn't imprinted on you yet.
i like the vortex blue much better. black is so...boring..imo.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
Wow- glad the dealership did this for you. Why did it take them so long--did they try to troubleshoot the problem first?
I thought you were talking about the tire pressure light. Not good to start with problems on a new car.
I like the blue better, too. Black is so hard to keep clean.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by sooznd
Wow- glad the dealership did this for you. Why did it take them so long--did they try to troubleshoot the problem first?
I thought you were talking about the tire pressure light. Not good to start with problems on a new car.
I like the blue better, too. Black is so hard to keep clean.
I brought the car to the dealership after work, but they said they would need a full day to investigate the issue AND they couldnt give me a loaner. Naturally, I just said, no way! talked to the sales rep and said to give me a new car. He was nice and cool about it. His only big favor was to make sure I gave him 5's when they call. He said he only gets an extra $25, but i have a feeling its something else.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Most Honda dealerships are not set up for loaners. One of the many differences between an economy brand and a luxury brand. Still I'm impressed they swapped inventory with you.

How's the BMW withdrawal going?

Old 12-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Steve244
Most Honda dealerships are not set up for loaners. One of the many differences between an economy brand and a luxury brand. Still I'm impressed they swapped inventory with you.

How's the BMW withdrawal going?
yes and no. yes cause i loved the color, steel grey with red leather interior, but no because I didn't want to deal with any possible issues that are forthcoming with winter being around the corner. I'm loving the roominess of this car though. Definitely helps when i put my son in the back seat. Cant wait to use it for fishing, but I still gotta find a way to set it up so it doesn't become too messy between my tackle, rods, and of course my catches(striped bass).