2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

My mileage update...

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Post My mileage update...

Since I rack up a considerable amount of miles (but not nearly as fast as several others here on the boards), I figured I would start posting mileage updates in 25k increments to tell of my Fit experience, opinions, and facts.

As of tonight, I'm right behind 25k at 24,947 miles. I purchased the car sight-unseen at the end of April 2011. I knew from research, personal experience, and test drives that the Fit was the best match for my needs and wants. The hardest part was finding a manual transmission, which IMHO is a must for any small car. It wrings out the most power and is typically a ton more fun to drive than its automatic counterpart (including DCT's). Driving experience is fun but it is a little busy and it is tiring with the road noise (and engine drone!) at highway speeds.

In the 8 months I've owned the car I've only performed two routine services. The services, at 6904 and 17,319 miles, only consisted of an oil (and filter) change and tire rotation costing a total of $62.18 (DIYer). I dumped the factory fill during the first service before the MM stated to do so. I did have a scare a couple thousand miles ago when I was a jackwagon and downshifted to use engine braking at exceeded the redline (7.5krpm-my first time EVER doing this since I started driving many years ago) but was fortunate not to have detonated the tranny or engine. No audible signs of damage but I'll be performing a UOA here on my upcoming service. Otherwise, powertrain is working in typical Honda fashion.

The car itself is also holding up and wearing well, too. There is minimal road/rock rash on the front, which is surprising to me since all of my vehicles from approximately 2006 have had crappy paint (I blame the EPA regs). Interior, including the seat and steering wheel has no indications of wear, either. It's mostly used as a daily driver from BFE NW Indiana to Chicago and back, approximately 135 miles round trip M-F. It's also used for trips to see family in central Indiana and the thumb-area in Michigan which typically racks up, on average, another 4-600miles a month. Stock Dunflops are okay and wearing evenly, but I cannot wait to replace them with some 205 DSW's or FuelMax's. They have about 10k miles left on them, maybe a little more, and should get me safely through winter.

I'll post another update in 25,000 miles!

Old 01-27-2012, 08:49 AM
And here's my first UOA: