2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New To Me 09' Fit Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 01:21 PM
New To Me 09' Fit Sport

Hey everybody, just picked up a 09' Fit from Carmax. It has 43K miles on it and I have really enjoyed driving it so far and the gas savings.

I look forward to learning about the car in this forum as well as reading about some fun aftermarket products to try.

I have the stock Navi unit and was disappointed that it didn't support, Bluetooth, Satellite radio and DVD input.

Has anybody installed this product from NAVTOOL INC

HONDA FIT 2009-2010 NAVIGATION VIDEO INTERFACE

It looks easy enough, just very expensive. I am hoping someone has a cheaper way to add video.

Thank you for your insightful answers!

Schwimm

Here are some pics:

Last edited by schwimmair; 12-23-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
welcome to the monkey house. Nice choice of Fits!

Couple things to check:
1) reflash of 09 Fit ECUs to correct avg mpg calculation (reads high).
2) recall to change lost motion springs on valve train. (may fail).

check this thread for details (it's stickied at the top of this forum). Probably already taken care of, but won't hurt to be sure.

Have no advice on the navtool thingy. Be seeing you around the ATL...

Old 12-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Lookin' good! It has the center armrest and everything! Enjoy it; I'm a new Fit owner, too, and I love this car more every time I drive it.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your purchase. That's a great looking Fit!

Old 12-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Congrats on the new Fit, new owner and member also! Love mine but spending too much on accessories lately....it's like eating chips - you can't stop at one!

Old 12-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by schwimmair
Hey everybody, just picked up a 09' Fit from Carmax. It has 43K miles on it and I have really enjoyed driving it so far and the gas savings.

I look forward to learning about the car in this forum as well as reading about some fun aftermarket products to try.

I have the stock Navi unit and was disappointed that it didn't support, Bluetooth, Satellite radio and DVD input.

Has anybody installed this product from NAVTOOL INC

HONDA FIT 2009-2010 NAVIGATION VIDEO INTERFACE

It looks easy enough, just very expensive. I am hoping someone has a cheaper way to add video.

Thank you for your insightful answers!

Schwimm
Hey Schwimm- You're one of the few people around here that actually have the NAVI unit. Not only is the NAVI price point ridiculously high on new Fits they are about as rare as hens teeth at the dealerships.

So hats off to you for picking up a used one with the NAVI unit included! Good luck with it and hope you don't spend too much money adding video capability!

Old 12-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by Steve244
welcome to the monkey house. Nice choice of Fits!

Couple things to check:
1) reflash of 09 Fit ECUs to correct avg mpg calculation (reads high).
2) recall to change lost motion springs on valve train. (may fail).

check this thread for details (it's stickied at the top of this forum). Probably already taken care of, but won't hurt to be sure.

Have no advice on the navtool thingy. Be seeing you around the ATL...
Steve, thanks so much for help!

Luckily my Fit had a Gwinnett Place Honda sticker in the driver side door opening so I gave them a call and found out the previous owner bought the Fit from them and preformed all required maintenance through them including the recall(s).

Schwimm

Old 12-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by ShadowMoses
Lookin' good! It has the center armrest and everything! Enjoy it; I'm a new Fit owner, too, and I love this car more every time I drive it.
ShadowMoses, thanks for welcome! I didn't know the armrest was a option, do you know if this one is OEM or aftermarket?

I have had my under a week and am finding new things/areas in it everyday. It's amazing how many nooks Honda has put in this vehicle.

Scwhimm

Old 12-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by 2012FitFan
Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your purchase. That's a great looking Fit!
2012FitFan, thanks so much for the welcome! I really like the color of your Fit. I have a buddy that has a Element that has a similar color and always thought it looked sharp and smart.

I see your in Atlanta as well, is there a special honk or wave for Fit owners like there is with motorcycles?

Schwimm

Last edited by schwimmair; 12-24-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by DennisCTC
Congrats on the new Fit, new owner and member also! Love mine but spending too much on accessories lately....it's like eating chips - you can't stop at one!
DennisCTC, thanks for the welcome! The Black paint with the tinted windows looks amazing!

Any accessories that you have enjoyed that you would recommend?

Schwimm

Old 12-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by GTRPLYR
Hey Schwimm- You're one of the few people around here that actually have the NAVI unit. Not only is the NAVI price point ridiculously high on new Fits they are about as rare as hens teeth at the dealerships.

So hats off to you for picking up a used one with the NAVI unit included! Good luck with it and hope you don't spend too much money adding video capability!
GTRPLYR, thanks for the welcome! The more I researched I think I am just going to get a aftermarket DVD setup that mounts to the headliner.

Man, I bet your Fit is FUN to drive in San Fran!

Schwimm

Old 12-24-2011, 10:41 AM
I think I like the window tinting - cost me $120 for all windows except the front winshield. Next would be the $20 pair of blue LED fog lamps (they match the interior lighting).

Old 12-24-2011, 11:11 AM
It's a great car. It actually is more fun to drive than my new Camaro. Not a flashy, but simply more fun.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by DennisCTC
I think I like the window tinting - cost me $120 for all windows except the front winshield. Next would be the $20 pair of blue LED fog lamps (they match the interior lighting).
Be carefull of the blue on the fogs. They give you a ticket for that around here.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
ShadowMoses, thanks for welcome! I didn't know the armrest was a option, do you know if this one is OEM or aftermarket?

I have had my under a week and am finding new things/areas in it everyday. It's amazing how many nooks Honda has put in this vehicle.

Scwhimm
That is the honda accessories OEM armrest, which goes for close to $200! I'd love one, but can't justify the expense. Nice car. Enjoy.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:46 PM
GTRPLYR, thanks for the welcome! The more I researched I think I am just going to get a aftermarket DVD setup that mounts to the headliner.

Man, I bet your Fit is FUN to drive in San Fran!

Schwimm
Ashamed you'll have to resort to an aftermarket DVD setup but I would probably do the same if I were in the same position.

Yea, the Fit has been a blast to drive around SF in though the gas mileage is shaping up to be on the lower end of the scale due to keeping higher revs on hills.

It's size is also an advantage here and I was able to pull a tight U-Turn in a parking lot entryway after the lot appeared to be grid locked and I was able to get the hell out of there.

Cool the dealership was able to pull up its record and you know the maintenance was kept up! Enjoy your Fit!