2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

armrest question

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 02:23 AM
armrest question

I'm looking to buy the armrest. Before I make the purchase I would like to know does the USDM armrest pull forward at all? or is it only open up and down..I saw there's one you can pull forward.. which armrest is that???

Old 12-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Yes, the Honda one pulled forward, even though the pics don't show it.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:36 AM
I took a chance and ordered a $60 armrest from a Chinese company on Ebay. It also slides forward. I haven't received it yet though, so not sure if it'll be worth it or a total waste of money? I'll keep everyone posted. It's suppose to arrive in 4 weeks.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:55 AM
what's the lowest you guys pay for your armrest??

Old 12-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by chinkieboy
what's the lowest you guys pay for your armrest??
IIRC I got mine from college hills honda for ~180. Its the official Honda one. Its certainly more expensive than the others, but it does attach itself more securely. I dunno if that extra bit is worth it, as others report that the cheaper ones are also very stable.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:44 PM
From benarndi is about 188 shipped..

Old 12-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by malraux
IIRC I got mine from college hills honda for ~180. Its the official Honda one. Its certainly more expensive than the others, but it does attach itself more securely. I dunno if that extra bit is worth it, as others report that the cheaper ones are also very stable.
How is the color and fit of the OEM armrest? Does it look like it belongs with the rest of the interior. The armrest that's built-in to the seat seems really high to me, and the armrest would be a more usable in my case, I think.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
Here's another recent thread with some of the other less expensive armrest options.
Shadow- I found the oem armrest on the Sport driver's seat too high for me and it also got in the way & made me feel "trapped" in the seat, especially since I am shorter and have the seat pushed further to the front.

I have been happy with my Zeta armrest & think it matches nicely with the black interior of the Fit.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1057375

Old 12-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by ShadowMoses
How is the color and fit of the OEM armrest? Does it look like it belongs with the rest of the interior. The armrest that's built-in to the seat seems really high to me, and the armrest would be a more usable in my case, I think.
Location and fitment wise, I think it's perfect. As for color, I'm not the best judge of such thing (currently have Hawaiian print seat covers) but the blue stitching matches the blue of the rest of the interior (the pattern in the door and seats, the stitching in the gear shifter, etc)

Old 12-21-2011, 08:04 PM
The OEM armrest has light colored stitching, not blue. I was concerned about the color of the armrest matching since it looks light gray in the stock pictures, but it is actually darker, almost charcoal, and matches just fine in the sport's black interior. It is extremely comfortable compared to the stock armrest, and I find it to be the perfect size and height. As noted in another thread, the oem armrest is not really good for resting your driving arm on. I drive with my left and rest my right so it is perfect.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:09 PM
That's great news about the armrest. Thanks fellas. I'll be adding it to my seemingly growing list of parts for the Fit.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:44 PM
yes, i will be picking up an OEM one soon..

Old 12-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by DennisCTC
I took a chance and ordered a $60 armrest from a Chinese company on Ebay. It also slides forward. I haven't received it yet though, so not sure if it'll be worth it or a total waste of money? I'll keep everyone posted. It's suppose to arrive in 4 weeks.
same here, i'll report back as well...
Dennis, did youget an envelope in the mail from China with a bunch of cheap looking Honda stickers in it? Not sure if that's some sort of bonus with the armrest.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
Here's another recent thread with some of the other less expensive armrest options.
Shadow- I found the oem armrest on the Sport driver's seat too high for me and it also got in the way & made me feel "trapped" in the seat, especially since I am shorter and have the seat pushed further to the front.

I have been happy with my Zeta armrest & think it matches nicely with the black interior of the Fit.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1057375
Hi sooznd,

Is this the Zeta armrest, just sold by someone else? Looks very similar. Price is better. Just wondering if the same?

2009 2010 2011 2012 HONDA FIT LEATHER ARMREST CENTRE CONSOLE STORAGE BOX BNIB | eBay

Thanks.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
It sure looks the same to me--Zeta only sells the product they do not make it & I would bet it is made in China, too.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
Question for those with the OEM one: does the plastic match the center console? Our cars have a slightly gray plastic. I'm interested in it for other reasons over the Zeta, so it's not a deciding factor. Just curious! Thanks.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
It sure looks the same to me--Zeta only sells the product they do not make it & I would bet it is made in China, too.
Thanks.

Same seller and here's another version:

2009 2010 2011 2012 HONDA FIT / JAZZ LEATHER ARMREST CENTRE CONSOLE STORAGE BOX | eBay

He compares it to an older version they use to sell.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
The honda one has a soft vinyl top... Mine stretched over two summers and tore. I cut it all off and it is a heartbreak, though it doesn't look really bad.

I would consider one with a hard plastic top in the future.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Just got my armrest from China! I also got some Honda Stickers but I don't know from who. Not sure what to think of it to be honest - I broke it my first time leaning on it. To be fair, I was leaning to vacuum the interior and a lot of my weight was on it (I wasn't even thinking). The Base is designed in 2 pieces that you need to screw together to get to the proper height. the screws popped out of the one piece when I leaned on it. So I've now superglued them all together and hoping that'll fix the problem???? It came with no instructions either but it is rather str8 forward to assemble. My initial thoughts are - you get what you pay for? It's worth $60 but the OEM is probably nicer. I plan on driving from Tampa to Boca Raton tomorrow and this will be a good test on my fixit job!!

Old 12-27-2011, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DennisCTC
Just got my armrest from China! I also got some Honda Stickers but I don't know from who. Not sure what to think of it to be honest - I broke it my first time leaning on it. To be fair, I was leaning to vacuum the interior and a lot of my weight was on it (I wasn't even thinking). The Base is designed in 2 pieces that you need to screw together to get to the proper height. the screws popped out of the one piece when I leaned on it. So I've now superglued them all together and hoping that'll fix the problem???? It came with no instructions either but it is rather str8 forward to assemble. My initial thoughts are - you get what you pay for? It's worth $60 but the OEM is probably nicer. I plan on driving from Tampa to Boca Raton tomorrow and this will be a good test on my fixit job!!
DennisCTC,

Which armrest did you order? Do you have a link?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: armrest question